List Mgmt. Geelong's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong: Cooper Stephens, Darcy Chirgwin, Flynn Perez

Anybody know much about these 3 guys who are training with us for a look at next year's draft? Or are they academy players?

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-05/the-top-2019-draft-prospects-training-at-your-club
None are tied to Geelong.

Stephens is a jet and likely to go top 10 next year.

I mentioned it two years ago that the Falcons rated him highly and he wasn't yet playing for them.

There was another Cooper Stephens who played for the Falcons at the time.

Flynn Perez is Nakia's cousin and plays for the Pioneers but I don't know anything much about how good he is.
He's never been to any of our family get togethers.

I did say since Hodge ... post 2001

I agree and enormous an unrealised talent.. one of the best talents that just it just didn't happen for..
You did too.
Have you ever been to Alvie? Quite an amazing little township with lots of geographical interest. I used to run there when living in Colac. Loved it. Somebody said my running would go awry in Colac but the opposite happened.
Not too many players hail from Colac/Alvie though. We need to be able to claim them, I reckon.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You did too.
Have you ever been to Alvie? Quite an amazing little township with lots of geographical interest. In used to run there when living in Colac. Loved it. Somebody said my running would go awry in Colac but the opposite happened.
Not too many players hail from Colac/Alvie though. We need to be able to claim them, I reckon.

Great spot. I ride around that area when visiting the in laws. Nice little climb up to Red Rock which gives you a nice view over Lake Corangamite.

A big call ..good luck to him ....lets hope he doesn't end up in yellow and brown
Follow him closely next year. I reckon he'll inch his way up to the top 5 by the end of the year.

Flynn Perez is Nakia's cousin and plays for the Pioneers but I don't know anything much about how good he is.
Flynn Perez has just done his knee and will miss the entire 2019 season.

Flynn Perez has just done his knee and will miss the entire 2019 season.
Well that sucks.

Interesting that our relatively exclusive time with him will be some of his last work before the injury. I wonder if we'd look at him as a possible bargain rookie pick or not...

Fifteen-year-old Djamatjama Wunungmurra has been a member of the Cats' Next Generation Academy for the last two years.

He just kicked four goals on his senior football debut

Fifteen-year-old Djamatjama Wunungmurra has been a member of the Cats' Next Generation Academy for the last two years.

Looks lively for a 15 year old, saw this on the Cat's Facebook page yesterday... Gee alot of people will have trouble calling his name... Maybe just nickname him DJ.

Kid looks a handy talent. Would be nice to have an academy kid that is rated higher than a rookie shot. 50/50 they change the zones again and this kid ends up at gold coast though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back