Geelongs salary cap - Does it need questioning?

Remove this Banner Ad

We will never know because Geelong weren’t good enough to make it, but not sure you can say they would have easily beaten the Dogs who beat a Sydney side that took 20 minutes to beat Geelong a week earlier. The same Dogs who easily beat a Hawthorn side who were a kick away from beating Geelong a week earlier.
You might be right. I I swear around that 2014-16 period, cats have the wood over your mob.

Then again..... In the 1998 AFL Grand final it was Roos vs crows and The Roos had the wood over the crows. Then Roos sprayed their shots in the 1998 grand final and crows won on the day

Dank never worked for us tho

Yes Dank never worked for Geelong. Correct statement. Apologies if it came across in my post that he did.

Dean Robinson (you may remember him from such controversies as the Essendon doping scandal) was on the payroll. And he had the connection to Dank.

Yes yes nothing to see here. The Cats have been cleared of any wrongdoing 👍

To be fair, with all due respect, do your research. He never worked at Geelong.

STEPHEN DANK ROLE WITH CLUB

A question that we have been asked is what was our club’s links to Stephen Dank?

In 2008 or early 2009 Stephen Dank’s professional services were recommended to the club. Our then Assistant General Manager of Football Operations Steve Hocking met with Dank in regard to this, but after that meeting the club decided not to engage Dank’s services. At no time did Dank have a position with our club.

Yes you are correct. I retract my statement. See above.

You might be right. I I swear around that 2014-16 period, cats have the wood over your mob.

Then again..... In the 1998 AFL Grand final it was Roos vs crows and The Roos had the wood over the crows. Then Roos sprayed their shots in the 1998 grand final and crows won on the day
What is this 1998 that you speak of? I must have blacked out that year for some reason.

For a snapshot into the figures bandied about by journos, look no further than Jon Ralph regarding Stringer's contract situation a couple of weeks ago.

He starts talking about it, sneakily drops 800k p/a into the discussion and asks the panel if Jake is worth that much. It was only Rooey pushing him on the accuracy of that figure that Ralph basically admitted that he'd pulled it out of thin air!

The next day, social media sites have just run with the 800k figure as if it were fact that Jake was demanding said figure. It was nuts!

Yes Dank never worked for Geelong. Correct statement. Apologies if it came across in my post that he did.

Dean Robinson (you may remember him from such controversies as the Essendon doping scandal) was on the payroll. And he had the connection to Dank.

Yes yes nothing to see here. The Cats have been cleared of any wrongdoing 👍

Mate you literally posted an article that cleared us.

The Cats statement said the use of Actovegin - a substance the club said it used for treatment of soft-tissue injuries - was approved in 2009 "by the AFL's chief medical officer, Dr Peter Harcourt, and is approved by ASADA and WADA".

Literally cleared by ASADA and WADA but you still want to act like we were cheating. Pull your ******* head out of your own ass and put your weak hate for the club aside and look at the facts. WADA got the Bombers banned, Sun Yang, Lance Armstrong etc do you think they're just magically gonna let Geelong go if we did anything wrong?

You're nothing more than delusional and are speaking on the fact that you WISH we did something wrong rather than the fact that we DIDN'T do anything wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you literally posted an article that cleared us.

Literally cleared by ASADA and WADA but you still want to act like we were cheating. Pull your ******* head out of your own ass and put your weak hate for the club aside and look at the facts. WADA got the Bombers banned, Sun Yang, Lance Armstrong etc do you think they're just magically gonna let Geelong go if we did anything wrong?

You're nothing more than delusional and are speaking on the fact that you WISH we did something wrong rather than the fact that we DIDN'T do anything wrong.

I want this to be true. I want this to be true.

holy sh*t there some dubious multiple degrees of Kevin bacon link that I’ve found.

it’s true.

My understanding from back in the day was that Snr was never the highest paid player at Geelong.

Not sure what players are paid in the mid-90’s has to do with the current salary cap— but sure, tell me a story

Did you even read the article or just got a erection over the click bait headline?
Mate have you read their board?

It's like all the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists gather there for their weekly meetings. They actually believe Hocking is changing the rules to help us win premierships then in the next breath predict our demise due to the rule changes.

Every single person knows the example I’m talking about in regards to a certain Irish Person and his amazing new house in Geelong. Don’t be cheeky and pretend otherwise
If every single person knows about it (I don’t!) then the AFL must as well. Why haven’t they said or done anything?

You can tell how poorly run most clubs are run when a club that's had a long history of stable, structured player payments is accused of cheating.

Stop paying $900k for spuds like Brad Hill, ya dinguses, or giving a 7 year deal to a guy like Grundy who hit cruise control soon after. It's irresponsible.

The influence of the Costas and Cotton on is what should be looked into.
This is pure jealousy. As if Brian Cook, the most accomplished CEO in the AFL, would allow blatant rorting under his watch and tarnish his impeccable reputation. And to bring up Frank Costa when the great man can’t defend himself...

Lets look into Cotton On’s influence. Their apparel is everywhere. Must be a rort

Last edited:
You can tell how poorly run most clubs are run when a club that's had a long history of stable, structured player payments is accused of cheating.

Stop paying $900k for spuds like Brad Hill, ya dinguses, or giving a 7 year deal to a guy like Grundy who hit cruise control soon after. It's irresponsible.
Carlton bring in 2 half back flankers. Pay them over 1 and 1/2 million combined, then complain about other clubs salaries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back