List Mgmt. "Gen" profile of the Adelaide Board

Which Gen are you?

• The Greatest Generation! (pre 1946)

• Boomer! (1946-1964)

• Gen X! (1965-1980)

• Gen Y! (Millennials) (1981-1996

• Gen Z! (1997-2010)

• Alpha / I should be in school! (2011-)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

My Dad tried to tell me "you're not a Millennial, you're Gen Y!"

I had to inform him they're literally two names for the same thing, haha

I think a lot of people confuse millenials with Gen Z and that's a part of the reason why millennials get such a bad rap.

I think a lot of people confuse millenials with Gen Z and that's a part of the reason why millennials get such a bad rap.

Definitely. A lot of older generations just don't like young people. So really all the Boomers who have been getting pissed off at Millennial culture and trends are actually getting pissed at Gen Z.

The media also seems to have switched from starting culture wars between Boomers and Gen Z to culture wars between Millennials and Gen Z.

PS: Damn Gen Z and their middle parts. What's wrong with a side part! :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im a Gen X and ive never used those slang terms
That's okay, I'm a "Boomer" and have never used the slang for them either. In reality, I don't even fit the "Boomer" theme. (I actually think the whole boomer, gen x stuff is crap. people are people, and we are all different).

while I don't doubt there is a definite generational thing that people born within a similar time share a collective experience unique for their particular generation, I find it hard to reconcile the groupings being up to 15 years

1981 - 1996 ?

Yeah, nah I don't buy that as a grouping - the extremes of each end wouldn't have much similar cultural references that they would understand between each other

while I don't doubt there is a definite generational thing that people born within a similar time share a collective experience unique for their particular generation, I find it hard to reconcile the groupings being up to 15 years

1981 - 1996 ?

Yeah, nah I don't buy that as a grouping - the extremes of each end wouldn't have much similar cultural references that they would understand between each other
I'm born in '87 and there's quite a big difference with what experiences I had through school vs someone born '81 or '82. It's all a whole lot of garbage really.

Firmly in Gen Y yet do not associate with most of what they have in that table. I consider my upbringing more to be the CD discman era than iPods. My older siblings already had BMX bikes. Also weird putting in cars that were released in that generation. Like yeah, they came out in those years but we're talking about people born in those years. No one in my generation was buying a brand new Prius in their teens. Everyone was buying VL Commodores, Sigmas and Magnas.

Back