List Mgmt. "Gen" profile of the Adelaide Board

Which Gen are you?

• The Greatest Generation! (pre 1946)

• Boomer! (1946-1964)

• Gen X! (1965-1980)

• Gen Y! (Millennials) (1981-1996

• Gen Z! (1997-2010)

• Alpha / I should be in school! (2011-)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1951 here and I laugh at all of you, apart from those older than me. Making it to my age is a feat of endurance that many of you will not achieve. I can remember everything written on that chart. Hell I still have some cassettes and a player in the house. Dog got the last frisbee though.:disappointed:
Geez Ozzie you have got me covered, don’t start reading a book

Strangest school memories:
Writing with a nib and powdered ink.
Being an Ink Monitor, and mixing the ink.
Marching around the quadrangle.
The closest thing there was to a calculator was a slide rule.
Ah, 1955, what a time to be born....

Born in 45 I had the great Jeff Pash as my Latin teacher at Adelaide High

86er here.
Remember getting my first mobile in yr8 I’d hate to see the distraction of these in class these days.
We Used to have wild snakebattles on the Nokia’s during class.
Prior to that it was the good old note across the room.
A good trick to play was to turn other people’s phones off silent and ring them during chapel in the mornings.

I can remember my grandfather with the first mobile that I can remember that was in a massive bag.

These days I feel out of touch with computers and now I know how my parents used to feel!

After I met my now wife, I went home and contacted her on Facebook unfortunately she was a MySpace girl and took nearly a month to get back to me!
It nearly didn’t happen!

After I met my now wife, I went home and contacted her on Facebook unfortunately she was a MySpace girl and took nearly a month to get back to me!
It nearly didn’t happen!
My wife and I officially became an item over MSN. She came to watch me play cricket that day planning to ask me out, but chickened out and afterwards when we both signed in to MSN she confessed that she wasn't confident enough to do it face to face but wanted to be more than friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pffft MSN. The really cool kids used ICQ.

My folks got divorced when I was 5 and there was always this weird dichotomy going on. At Mums we had a SNES and used to watch Loonie Tunes. When we went to Dads we played a Megadrive and used to watch Disney.

Also Monkey! I ******* loved Monkey! I remember when they cancelled Recovery (eat s**t Dylan) they replaced it with 3 episodes of Monkey!. I was in heaven.

LinedSimpleAphid-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Also Monkey! I ******* loved Monkey! I remember when they cancelled Recovery (eat sh*t Dylan) they replaced it with 3 episodes of Monkey!. I was in heaven.

LinedSimpleAphid-max-1mb.gif

Remember watching that on the ABC after the Goodies on Thursday evenings, Dr Who used to be on after but mum would drag us to the shops to do the food shopping so always missed it

Back