List Mgmt. "Gen" profile of the Adelaide Board

Which Gen are you?

• The Greatest Generation! (pre 1946)

• Boomer! (1946-1964)

• Gen X! (1965-1980)

• Gen Y! (Millennials) (1981-1996

• Gen Z! (1997-2010)

• Alpha / I should be in school! (2011-)

Results are only viewable after voting.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
1997 & 1998 were the peak of human existence. Two flags and these babies.

final_fantasy_vii_frontcover_large_MfmlOeO4ERJcU2N.jpg
The_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time_box_art.png

tenor.gif
The curse of Monkey Island, Rainbow Six, and Half-Life for me.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
Well I questioned myself, hard to believe huh! I dodged the fountain pens and ink monitors. Vaguely remember a daily assembly and national anthem
Not just an assembly, we had to march. Some lucky students even got to play the Bass Drum or Snare Drum whilst marching. Ended by looking up to the flag with our hands on heart, and a rousing "God save the Queen".

Well I questioned myself, hard to believe huh! I dodged the fountain pens and ink monitors. Vaguely remember a daily assembly and national anthem
I remember singing “God save the Queen”. I remember sixpences! I remember getting our first black and white tv when I was six years old (dad won a tv/sterogram at golf). I remember the funeral of JFK. Landing on the moon. I remember Gough Whitlam being sacked. I remember skipping school and going to anti-apartheid marches. I remember learning how to type on an old manual typewriter, and how amazed I was when electric ones came in. I remember tippex! I worked on the first computer I’d ever seen when I was a teller at a credit union. Using one of the first facsimile machines at Parliament House (where you had to be there to receive it). i remember buying our first Betamax video recorder. Then buying our first video camera (which was enormous and very heavy). Our first ever computer was the very first Apple Mac which we bought when we lived in Palo Alto in the US (we still own it today). our first game console was a Hanimex...then we moved up to a PlayStation. I remember trying to tape songs from the radio and the frustration in trying to get the DJ NOT talking over it! Our first home phone was a big old, black rotary dial. My first car was a souped-up mini (had been a rally car and had an amazing engine) that cost $550. we got the Internet in 1999. My first mobile phone in 2001.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
I remember singing “God save the Queen”. I remember sixpences! I remember getting our first black and white tv when I was six years old (dad won a tv/sterogram at golf). I remember the funeral of JFK. Landing on the moon. I remember Gough Whitlam being sacked. I remember skipping school and going to anti-apartheid marches. I remember learning how to type on an old manual typewriter, and how amazed I was when electric ones came in. I remember tippex! I worked on the first computer I’d ever seen when I was a teller at a credit union. Using one of the first facsimile machines at Parliament House (where you had to be there to receive it). i remember buying our first Betamax video recorder. Then buying our first video camera (which was enormous and very heavy). Our first ever computer was the very first Apple Mac which we bought when we lived in Palo Alto in the US (we still own it today). our first game console was a Hanimex...then we moved up to a PlayStation. I remember trying to tape songs from the radio and the frustration in trying to get the DJ NOT talking over it! Our first home phone was a big old, black rotary dial. My first car was a souped-up mini (had been a rally car and had an amazing engine) that cost $550. we got the Internet in 1999. My first mobile phone in 2001.
We had one of those Hanimex consoles 😂 Everyone else had an Atari 🙄

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
We had Commodores 64 at school, Granny's Garden et al. However PCs at home, anyone go deep down the rabbit hole trying to get enough memory to run games with mouse and sound?

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

it was always great waiting 15 minutes for the game on the tape to load, only for it to have a error and you had to start all over again

cm_perfect

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone have one of these?

View attachment 1096806

Yes I do, with a box full of games as well.

Also have a Sega mega drive, first 2 xboxes, all the PlayStations up to 4, nes, SNES, selection of game boys.

Even a few of those donkey Kong split screen jobbers, a Pac-Man watch.

That’s off the top of my head, there is probably more.

My wife is patient with my hoarding

Anyone have one of these?

View attachment 1096806
Not quite but the ColecoVision we had looked pretty close. This was what we had, complete with the Atari 2600 add-on on the front which we took for granted then but is pretty mindblowing thinking about it now. Was like if Sony said "Here you go, we made an attachment for the PS4 that plays Switch games."

1024px-ColecoVision-ExpMod1-Attached.jpg

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not quite but the ColecoVision we had looked pretty close. This was what we had, complete with the Atari 2600 add-on on the front which we took for granted then but is pretty mindblowing thinking about it now. Was like if Sony said "Here you go, we made an attachment for the PS4 that plays Switch games."

1024px-ColecoVision-ExpMod1-Attached.jpg

What the * is that?

Back