List Mgmt. "Gen" profile of the Adelaide Board

Which Gen are you?

• The Greatest Generation! (pre 1946)

• Boomer! (1946-1964)

• Gen X! (1965-1980)

• Gen Y! (Millennials) (1981-1996

• Gen Z! (1997-2010)

• Alpha / I should be in school! (2011-)

Results are only viewable after voting.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
Not quite but the ColecoVision we had looked pretty close. This was what we had, complete with the Atari 2600 add-on on the front which we took for granted then but is pretty mindblowing thinking about it now. Was like if Sony said "Here you go, we made an attachment for the PS4 that plays Switch games."

1024px-ColecoVision-ExpMod1-Attached.jpg
You must have been a rich kid!

You must have been a rich kid!
Not in the least. We were comfortable but only Dad worked. Mum and Dad were just epic savers and budgeters. I never got "new" clothes, it was always hand me downs from cousins friends. I was always stoked when I got anything handed down that was brand name. Home Brand food and drink. Watering down the milk so it went further. Only allowed to hire videos on half price day.

Anything special we wanted was always birthday or Christmas. We didn't get pocket money. But instead of all that stuff they'd take us on nice holidays and when I was 10 we got an in ground pool after a year of skimping and saving. So people often thought we were rich, but we were anything but. I spent many school years jealous of kids who were allowed to have brand name shoes or get a new video game whenever they felt like it.

The ColecoVision in particular we'd owned since before I was born, and was the only home console we had until we got an N64 for Christmas 97 (and the deal was we had to sell the Coleco if we wanted a N64).

Last edited:
My family got one of these when I was 6 or 7:
images (21).jpeg

Later, in year 5 or 6 at Primary school, we got one of these:

images (23).jpeg

Including this amazing technology:
images (22).jpeg

Later, in high school (maybe year 9??), we upgraded to this bad boy:

images (24).jpeg

Then during first year at uni, I bought this for myself (mainly to play the Aussie Rules Footy game):
images (25).jpeg

By year 11, the school had one computer room. All the machines ran MS DOS, and didn't have a hard disk. We spent the first lesson creating a boot disk to start them up...

cm_perfect

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Although I wasted many hours/days/weeks gaming when younger I never got into computers early on, bought our first at 28 years of age.

Funny how life works out, it’s my line of work now and they pay my bills!!

Summer Olympics was an addiction on the intelivision for many years

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards!

lsl_4.jpg

I had this game on a 3.5" floppy, with other games on my desk at work. One Monday morning my boss called me in to his office. Turned out he had come in on the weekend with his young son, and told his son to "go in to Arrowman's office, he's got some computer games". Guess which one the son selected :tongueoutv1:

The boss wasn't mad about it, though, he knew it was really his fault, he just had to tell me for the LOLs.

Also - I think I might have told this one before, but... We hired a colour TV to watch the 1975 FA Cup Final; had a few mates and a couple of teachers around. My parents were impressed, and soon after we were the first house in the street with a colour TV.

So... One Sunday evening the movie was Duel. Next day at my Dad's work, people were discussing the movie, and someone said "What sort of car was it that he was driving?" and my Dad said "I don't know, but it was red..."

"Ooooh, a RED car, was it? Oooh, look at Mr Colour TV Man!" :p

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

View attachment 1097095

I had this game on a 3.5" floppy, with other games on my desk at work. One Monday morning my boss called me in to his office. Turned out he had come in on the weekend with his young son, and told his son to "go in to Arrowman's office, he's got some computer games". Guess which one the son selected :tongueoutv1:

The boss wasn't mad about it, though, he knew it was really his fault, he just had to tell me for the LOLs.
Leisure Suit Larry. What a classic. I remember going bare-back and getting a game over screen. Must equip condom if you wish to proceed.

View attachment 1096928

View attachment 1096930

View attachment 1096931

View attachment 1096932

Then during first year at uni, I bought this for myself (mainly to play the Aussie Rules Footy game):
View attachment 1096934

By year 11, the school had one computer room. All the machines ran MS DOS, and didn't have a hard disk. We spent the first lesson creating a boot disk to start them up...
I actually got a RAM expansion for the Amiga - taking it up to a whopping 1 Mb .

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants

View attachment 1097095

Also - I think I might have told this one before, but... We hired a colour TV to watch the 1975 FA Cup Final; had a few mates and a couple of teachers around. My parents were impressed, and soon after we were the first house in the street with a colour TV.

So... One Sunday evening the movie was Duel. Next day at my Dad's work, people were discussing the movie, and someone said "What sort of car was it that he was driving?" and my Dad said "I don't know, but it was red..."

that was a classic game, they are still making Leisure Suit Larry today

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
View attachment 1096928

View attachment 1096930

View attachment 1096931

View attachment 1096932

View attachment 1096934

We must be nearly the same age haha

I was a bit young for Atari but I remember my cousins had one before I was school aged.

Did you play lemmings in the school computer room?

We still had to march around the quadrangle at primary school though. Think our principal must've been ex military.

I was a bit young for Atari but I remember my cousins had one before I was school aged.

We still had to march around the quadrangle at primary school though. Think our principal must've been ex military.

My Lemmings floppy disk got confiscated in year nine by our Computing Studies teacher. Never got it back sadly.

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 1097095

How’s that 3.5” floppy now a lot smaller I’d think😉

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants

My year 7 teacher was a sergeant major in the army, everything was strict and orderly, even the old emu parade was well organised

I used to love playing games on my cousins 386 SX.

Street Rod 1 & 2
California Games
Sim City
Jones in the Fast Lane

Those were good times.
I have never ever met anyone else who knows what Jones in the Fast Lane is. Brilliant game. Still fire it up from time to time. Anything Sierra in those days was was guaranteed quality.

Back