Gender Equality Action Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Name something he's said recently and i'll tell you why I think its bullshit.
1. You're the one carrying on like he's the second coming of hilter - the onus is on you to provide some elaboration...
2. Anything i bring up will be backed by scientific evidence, i'm not going to waste time on someone who isn't open minded enough to face facts.

1. You're the one carrying on like he's the second coming of hilter - the onus is on you to provide some elaboration...
2. Anything i bring up will be backed by scientific evidence, i'm not going to waste time on someone who isn't open minded enough to face facts.

1. I've told you how I feel. This isn't a scientific paper its a discussion board. I think he's a dickhead who bangs on about bullshit. Once he wrote an interesting book about human behaviour. Now he's an example for that book. BTW "You're the one carrying on like he's the second coming of hilter" a/ No I'm not. Grow up. b/ whose hilter?

2. It won't be because everything he bangs on about now is an opinion. His opinion. Its not scientific. Its just s**t he thinks about stuff.

2. It won't be because everything he bangs on about now is an opinion. His opinion. Its not scientific. Its just s**t he thinks about stuff.

Peterson?

It's about as "scientific" as you would get from a behavioral psychologist.

1. I've told you how I feel. This isn't a scientific paper its a discussion board. I think he's a dickhead who bangs on about bullshit. Once he wrote an interesting book about human behaviour. Now he's an example for that book. BTW "You're the one carrying on like he's the second coming of hilter" a/ No I'm not. Grow up. b/ whose hilter?

every person i've met that hates Peterson is the epitome of someone who needs to grow up.

...and congrats on finding a typo, big man.

oh dear.

That's interesting because his whole act is telling his fanboys that they need to clean their room. Apparently that's worth paying some ridiculous amount of money to hear. Hey buckos.

Peterson?

It's about as "scientific" as you would get from a behavioral psychologist.

Yeah. fair call.

He's recently published a "self help book" called 12 Rules for Life: blah blah blah or something with one of them being Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.

Dunno what to add to that really. Kind of says it all. About half of the 12 rules are reasonable too. Still, its a bit much.

Yeah. fair call.

He's recently published a "self help book" called 12 Rules for Life: blah blah blah or something with one of them being Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.

Dunno what to add to that really. Kind of says it all. About half of the 12 rules are reasonable too. Still, its a bit much.

Mate, Peterson's a serious academic who has been hijacked by the dickhead elements of the left/right paradigm.

He didn't ask for it, and he doesn't support it. Don't fall in to it either.

Mate, Peterson's a serious academic who has been hijacked by the dickhead elements of the left/right paradigm.

He didn't ask for it, and he doesn't support it. Don't fall in to it either.

He shouldn't have jumped into that shitfight then.

He's written a self help book that specifically advises people not to engage in the world till their own life is perfect on the back of it. Among other things as a result of this shitfight. Richard Dawkins is a great biologist but he sounds like another religious nut when he starts arguing with funbdies about why they are wrong. its a similar thing with this guy.

Like I said the first book he wrote and lots of that work is very interesting. Its about how people make meaning out of their lives. He'd have been right into a website like this as "data" to study that process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue with those that dislike peterson is why? It always seems like people want to tear someone down. Here's a guy that is making perfect sense and backing it up with evidence or reasoning where he can. It's clear as day he's helping people which is a fantastic thing. And yet people latch on to certain things he says and try and paint him as the bad guy (the 60min story was pathetic). When i see some of the stuff said about him i honestly wonder what is wrong with people. You see the outpouring of emotion he has when he talks about people coming up to him and thanking him after a show. That's fantastic to see. The people tearing him down do stuff all and those "journalists wouldn't give people the time of day". Not everyone is going to agree with him 100% of the time and it's not wise to just agree for the sake of it but his message is a good one. If glad there are peopke like him tryig to drag people out of the gutter/pits of despair because people need it. If you don't need his message more on don't tear him down for the sake of it.

That's interesting because his whole act is telling his fanboys that they need to clean their room. Apparently that's worth paying some ridiculous amount of money to hear. Hey buckos.
If that's all you take from that it's your problem not his.

Knowledge translation is imperative in getting the message across. He is trying to relate to the masses and tell them to get their s**t together. The 12 rules book is designed for that. It's dressed up and down when it needs to be. If he isn't translating it to a wide audience the message is missed and it isn't as effective.

He didn't, and you're smarter than this.

I'm familiar with him and his ideas. I used to hang out on an obscure conspiracy website founded by an old school lefty Canadian satirist. Still do sometimes. The site evolved and had lots more to do with the sort of topics he covers than actual conspiracies when it was at its best and he was sometimes a topic of conversation.

Peterson got involved in politics in as a reaction to a law in Canada that made it illegal to attack people claiming to be transgender in a very similar way to the laws that got our very own Julius Streicher Andrew Bolt into trouble. Peterson over egged his argument and if that's put him in bed with a bunch of mouth breathing knob jockeys then he has only got himself to blame.

beatles-sgt-pepper1.jpg

It was twenty weeks ago today

North Melbourne released a Gender Equality Action plan

It’s been trending in and out of page 1 sight

Always guaranteed to stir up a s**t fight

So may I introduce to you

The thread you’ve avoided all this time

North Melbourne Gender Equality Action Plan

Peterson clearly in love with the sound of his own voice, which is probably his most unappealing trait. Wastes far too much time trying to sound smart to an audience of young minds eager to sound smart too. Bit of a god complex there. If he really cared about free speech he'd shut up and do something about it, like another Canadian University colleague has on the other side of our country:

www.fahmyfoundation.org

I've seen Fahmy speak twice out at UBC, and have met him once. Humble man, knows what he's talking about, and is putting hands to work to make a difference. Peterson not fit to wipe his shoes.

I'm familiar with him and his ideas. I used to hang out on an obscure conspiracy website founded by an old school lefty Canadian satirist. Still do sometimes. The site evolved and had lots more to do with the sort of topics he covers than actual conspiracies when it was at its best and he was sometimes a topic of conversation.

Peterson got involved in politics in as a reaction to a law in Canada that made it illegal to attack people claiming to be transgender in a very similar way to the laws that got our very own Julius Streicher Andrew Bolt into trouble. Peterson over egged his argument and if that's put him in bed with a bunch of mouth breathing knob jockeys then he has only got himself to blame.
the media and people like you categorised in him to be 'alt right', he's not to blame at all, he consistently demonstrates how he's not part of that group. It's simply the mainstream media's lazy way of representing him.

This is funny.

I think there actually is a sense in which Peterson is postmodern, but it has to do with power, not with objectivity. The wheel the author thinks Peterson has in the ditch is the wrong one. This guy is on the wrong track.

There's actually nothing anti-science or anti-"objective" about admitting that personal experience makes up the building blocks of knowledge, including science. In fact the scientific method is nothing but the coordination of those efforts to eliminate bias and error. Peterson's starting point here is not incompatible with empiricism. It only becomes "postmodern" if one makes the additional assumption that the subjectivity of experience allows us to throw empirical claims out the window -- something Peterson would never do.

So yeah, this article misses the mark.

Jordan Peterson is a moron.

End of story.

Why are there 37 pages in this thread?

Nah.

It's 37 pages because of morons like you.

Peterson clearly in love with the sound of his own voice, which is probably his most unappealing trait. Wastes far too much time trying to sound smart to an audience of young minds eager to sound smart too. Bit of a god complex there. If he really cared about free speech he'd shut up and do something about it, like another Canadian University colleague has on the other side of our country:

www.fahmyfoundation.org

I've seen Fahmy speak twice out at UBC, and have met him once. Humble man, knows what he's talking about, and is putting hands to work to make a difference. Peterson not fit to wipe his shoes.

think he might be too busy, you know, starting up his own university and all that....

but yea, please continue with the pathetic little digs like "loves the sound of his own voice" - real objective analysis there buddy, you must be a real intellectual....

You're locked in to the paradigm and you can't get out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back