Media Gender Neutral Qooty Feed

Should the SFA Implement Such Changes?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In exploring ways by which we can make the SweetFA more approachable and welcoming for everyone, I think we can at least start by addressing the fundamental of our code, the code.

I have amended the commentary files of Qooty64.v10.5 and propose that the competition uses them henceforth. I believe this simply involves replacing the .CMT files in Qooty64.v10.5/Comments with the ones I have provided and then booting up Qooty, navigating to USE COMMENTS and then selecting Compile. Alternatively, one can place the pre-compiled 'Comments.dat' file into their Qooty64.v10.5/folder and overwrite the old one (or just use a text editor to copy the pastebin contents below straight in, so long as the formatting doesn't make things screwy). Subsequent match sims will output using the new array of comments.

I welcome everyone to have a look at the adjustments, suggest changes and consider completing the poll above.

Amended Comments

Downloads
.CMT files for Comments folder
Comments.dat

Thanks for your attention,

JWS.

Mobbs will not be pleased

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mobbs will not be pleased

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Mobbs included the functionality for adding/editing/transferring comments. Also if you look though the 'archaic' :p comments, there are plenty that are agendered for example:

Code:
 sells the dummy and helps themself to a bounce

Is this where the SIM calls the girls boys? If it is, I find it a small, and almost charming glitch. Not fussed at all. But I appreciate your efforts.

In exploring ways by which we can make the SweetFA more approachable and welcoming for everyone, I think we can at least start by addressing the fundamental of our code, the code.

I have amended the commentary files of Qooty64.v10.5 and propose that the competition uses them henceforth. I believe this simply involves replacing the .CMT files in Qooty64.v10.5/Comments with the ones I have provided and then booting up Qooty, navigating to USE COMMENTS and then selecting Compile. Alternatively, one can place the pre-compiled 'Comments.dat' file into their Qooty64.v10.5/folder and overwrite the old one (or just use a text editor to copy the pastebin contents below straight in, so long as the formatting doesn't make things screwy). Subsequent match sims will output using the new array of comments.

I welcome everyone to have a look at the adjustments, suggest changes and consider completing the poll above.

Amended Comments

Downloads
Comments.dat

JWS.
giphy.gif

Needs more "x has ****ed up y, the campaigner has dead set not moved" and "look out! y has been ****ed up by x, RIP y" etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs more "x has ****** up y, the campaigner has dead set not moved" and "look out! y has been ****** up by x, RIP y" etc etc
As tempting as it was to add some more flavours to the mix, I wouldn't want to do that without extensive consultation as I know there's a charming heritage to a lot of this.

Wait until the Dragons here about this.
Honestly, I'm all for this.

IRL, I'm a big supporter of gender neutral terminology, and I'd unironically be happy for the sim commentary to be altered to accommodate.

And trust me BRAB, I've gone off at WFL a few times in the leadership group PM for some of the things he's said.

IRL, I'm a big supporter of gender neutral terminology, and I'd unironically be happy for the sim commentary to be altered to accommodate.

And trust me BRAB, I've gone off at WFL a few times in the leadership group PM for some of the things he's said.
I did listen.

Fantastic to hear.

I cannot think of one negative aspect that this change brings about.

Yeah unfortunately there's a pretty insidious underbelly to the league in terms of attitudes towards gender and attacks on women in particular. I'd like to think as a collective we are better than that.

It's a fantastic suggestion from JoshWoodenSpoon.

Amended Comments

Downloads
Comments.dat

JWS.
I only glanced at your file but I am assuming you're replacing all the he and his and him with they and their etc?

Definitely worthy of consideration. Each comment affected might look a little funny read that way, but it's a question of which is worse: strange, or wrong.

I would love to have included a gender selection option in the code but it would have been a massive undertaking - an additional field in the actual player databases. The only other options are to outlaw one gender from playing, or have fully segregated leagues. Both of which have negative effect on growth of the game.

Good work. I'd support it.

lol Dragons are in dire straights now.
TJASTA has ****** up The Half Back
TJASTA tells him to EAD
I like this a lot! Except TJASTA doesn't play full forward??

I would love to have included a gender selection option in the code but it would have been a massive undertaking - an additional field in the actual player databases.
Oh yeah that would be heckers.

I only glanced at your file but I am assuming you're replacing all the he and his and him with they and their etc?

Definitely worthy of consideration. Each comment affected might look a little funny read that way, but it's a question of which is worse: strange, or wrong.
I did it line by line personally rather than as a batch, so I think it should be just as streamlined. Anything amiss will hopefully be caught here.

I cannot think of one negative aspect that this change brings about.

The only negative aspect is that a comment such as "They score the goal." might sound a little odd, mechanical. But this is a very small thing by comparison.
One day ONE DAY I hope to again be able to edit the code. I would rather have a function to attribute a gender or simply a commentary-style for each player. But it's out of my reach at the moment.

Back