Current Gene Bristow Trial - Backpacker abduction SA (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the picture I got, thought I had read somewhere it was a month though.

I'll keep my eye out for that, she fired up her laptop I'm not sure if even after a month of no use there would be any life left in it. Mine drains even when it's not being used.

Only one night I think Froggy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03...lty-of-kidnap-and-rape-of-backpacker/10868614

"Gene Charles Bristow, 54, stood trial in Adelaide's District Court charged with aggravated kidnapping, rape and indecent assault.

The court heard he held the 24-year-old woman captive in an old pig shed on his farm at Meningie for two days.

The jury took three hours to find him guilty of all charges."

From the ABC, it was 2 days, which probably meant 2 days, 1 night.

Appealing the use of evidence

A South Australian man who kidnapped and raped a European backpacker in a pig shed on his regional property has questioned the use of some evidence at his trial as he seeks to appeal his conviction.
Gene Charles Bristow held the 24-year-old woman for two days after he answered a Gumtree advertisement she posted in search of farm work in 2017.
After being found guilty of aggravated kidnapping, rape and indecent assault, he was jailed for 18 years with a non-parole period of 12 years and six months.

But in arguing his appeal on Monday, defence counsel Paul Charman questioned the use of some of the evidence during the trial, including details of how the woman had managed to release herself from her chains and subsequently use her computer to send messages for help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appealing the use of evidence

A South Australian man who kidnapped and raped a European backpacker in a pig shed on his regional property has questioned the use of some evidence at his trial as he seeks to appeal his conviction.
Gene Charles Bristow held the 24-year-old woman for two days after he answered a Gumtree advertisement she posted in search of farm work in 2017.
After being found guilty of aggravated kidnapping, rape and indecent assault, he was jailed for 18 years with a non-parole period of 12 years and six months.

But in arguing his appeal on Monday, defence counsel Paul Charman questioned the use of some of the evidence during the trial, including details of how the woman had managed to release herself from her chains and subsequently use her computer to send messages for help.
Possibly have more information about this man that could shed more light onto his mindset, as early as 2010 which I would assume is approximately not long agter purchasing the property on SA island.
I was 20 at the time, found on gumtree, I am
From Melbourne and travelled via train to Adelaide, where I was picked up by a ute that may be the same exact old red cab ute as in pictures.

He had family of his wife and 3 boys I think between guessing 15 & 19 approx give or take. Smaller property about 20-30mins from Adelaide where he mayve had, or known a neighbouring girl who had horses that were not far from the house on small bit of land with few horses..

Anyhow, If some of these details I vaguely still remember and which made me never want to goto Adelaide again, and was warned to by the girl to be careful and further insert of uneasing scenario ..

If anyone would like to contact me, I would really like to discuss these memoriedls as I think it could help keep him incarcerated and add a longer term of premeditated intentions that seemingly took him 7 years to build the confidence to try and pull something like he did off and still fail (luckily)

Does anyone know if this man had 3 sons?
I may know of earlier incident 7 years prior in 2010, when he had newly purchased the property and his wife and 3 sons and he still had and lived, in their smaller property, just out of Adelaide ...?

Sincerely,

~ Samantha J.

Possibly have more information about this man that could shed more light onto his mindset, as early as 2010 which I would assume is approximately not long agter purchasing the property on SA island.
I was 20 at the time, found on gumtree, I am
From Melbourne and travelled via train to Adelaide, where I was picked up by a ute that may be the same exact old red cab ute as in pictures.

He had family of his wife and 3 boys I think between guessing 15 & 19 approx give or take. Smaller property about 20-30mins from Adelaide where he mayve had, or known a neighbouring girl who had horses that were not far from the house on small bit of land with few horses..

Anyhow, If some of these details I vaguely still remember and which made me never want to goto Adelaide again, and was warned to by the girl to be careful and further insert of uneasing scenario ..

If anyone would like to contact me, I would really like to discuss these memoriedls as I think it could help keep him incarcerated and add a longer term of premeditated intentions that seemingly took him 7 years to build the confidence to try and pull something like he did off and still fail (luckily)

Does anyone know if this man had 3 sons?
I may know of earlier incident 7 years prior in 2010, when he had newly purchased the property and his wife and 3 sons and he still had and lived, in their smaller property, just out of Adelaide ...?

Sincerely,

~ Samantha J.
Kurve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back