No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footy really has gone back to the 80's in terms of holding players up after they've marked or won a free kick.

Players now just sit, hold and scrag opponents for 20+ seconds all the time allowing the defense to set up.

2 years ago if you did this stuff it was 50m.
Exactly and another example of umpires refusing to follow their own rules because of the bullshit fallacy of its better
to "let the game go". In the mid 70s 75/80 free kicks a game was standard and players infringe just as much now.
Players continually infringe because they know umpires will only pay a fraction of the free kicks they should. Joke.

But not as much as Sydney?

Lol
I actually had this conversation with the other half today when I was bitching about the cats

I started off hating the bombers, then the eagles came to town and then the cats joined the list and then Sydney came along and this year saints supporters have become annoying so that's translating to their team, throw in north and I'm hating on half the league :D:D

Nah, what would be useful would be two sides we can overtake having a draw against each other. Effectively a loss for both as far as our ladder positioning goes given our shite percentage.
that'd be true if there were only two sides.

Gee Sean Darcy was impressive on debut for Fremantle. Usually takes ruckman years to develop to be able to come in and make a genuine contest. 40 hitouts is crazy

I still hate Sydney. But Friday night made me realise that my Swans hatred is probably dropping and my Essendon hatred is rapidly rising now that the cheats are decent again.
I've hated Sydney as far back as the Edelstone days. The long lasting AFL love child which was always painful to watch on TV where free kicks were scarce. Then add the blatant Hall tribunal win for the 05 GF, COLA and to top it off......Buddy. Equally hate Bombers then Norf. Cats I don't particularly hate but hate losing to them. And my hatred for the AFL Giants is simmering on and will reach boiling point once the AFL succeed with gifting them a premiership or two by rigging the entire competition to their benefit.

Brad Scott comes pretty close!
Brad doesn't quite have the arrogance of his brother. Oh he has plenty of it himself alright, but Chris is by far the most entitled coach the sport has ever seen. Premiership in his first year is largely responsible for that, too much success too early - he and Selwood are a wonderful match in that regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he doesn't - Hurn was the one who decided to go back with the flight of the ball and Viney had every right to attack it. It was just one of those things imo and we would be livid if one of our players got rubbed out for attacking the play

Agree completely

Yes. With you.

The Hawks are the big underperformers this year, because it’s now clear they are not going to win their fourth premiership in 5 years.

Honestly. Can’t they get anything right, down there at Glenferrie Road?

Swans are in the premiership window, and still hunting for their first big return on the Buddy-Tippet investment scheme. But until Essendon pooped their pants on Friday night, Swans were on same wins as the “Hopeless Hawks.”

But, who are the ones getting under the radar?

Footy really has gone back to the 80's in terms of holding players up after they've marked or won a free kick.

Players now just sit, hold and scrag opponents for 20+ seconds all the time allowing the defense to set up.

2 years ago if you did this stuff it was 50m.

So many rules are judged differently now, it is hard to understand we are watching the same game. I don't know how many times I have seen the ball kicked away after a free, but no 50m has been awarded.

Is it just me, or is Clayton Oliver really unlikeable? First the dive, then trying to justify it post-match and then retaliating to a cricketing legend on twitter... it's all petty I know but just seems unprofessional and indicative of an ego.

Is it just me, or is Clayton Oliver really unlikeable? First the dive, then trying to justify it post-match and then retaliating to a cricketing legend on twitter... it's all petty I know but just seems unprofessional and indicative of an ego.

To me Clayton Oliver is a GREAT player.
He copped a wack to his face when he was not expecting it.
The fall did not look good - and I am NOT going to judge him on this.
Not sure what the 'retaliating to a cricket legend on twitter' is but the word RETALIATING brings up messages in my mind that he has to stand up for himself on social media.

To me Clayton Oliver is a GREAT player.
He copped a wack to his face when he was not expecting it.
The fall did not look good - and I am NOT going to judge him on this.
Not sure what the 'retaliating to a cricket legend on twitter' is but the word RETALIATING brings up messages in my mind that he has to stand up for himself on social media.

Damien Martyn replied to a channel 7 tweet about the incident saying "am I watching soccer?".

Oliver returned with "hey Damien, you should just worry about that shot in 1994, link if you can't remember" with obviously a link to footage of some poor shot Martyn played.

Probably not the right way to go about it.

As a coach losing a game basically falling over in the last qtr when in control of it for long periods would frustrate me more than a big loss. Good teams dont cough up a lead so quickly and do pretty much do nothing to halt the momentum for the whole qtr. We are a big shot to leapfrog both them and collingwood next week so in a way them losing helps us more than the handbaggers losing.
As good as that sounds would've much enjoyed a Cats loss far more

As good as that sounds would've much enjoyed a Cats loss far more

True, but our only shot at playing finals requires a lot of luck. We need every team from 7th on down to lose every week, the side lower on the ladder winning when two sub-six teams play. If the top six win out except against us then we'll have a runway so big that Clive Palmer could land on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back