No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I will be going for Richmond, Crows or Giants. No way I want either the Swans or Cats getting another flag, their fans and their media sycophants will be unbearable.

Richmond and Crows for me also. Giants are still the AFL love child v2.0 so I can't abide them succeeding. Will take them winning over Geelong or Sydney though mind you.

It'll never happen - but a Demons v Tigers grand final would be hilarious. No interstate teams and both of the Sydney love children not featuring would make the AFL furious.

The good news is folks that finishing 12th will, for the first time in 10 years see the Hawks get a good FIXture in 2018

Who the **** am I trying to kid
Actually we'll be lumped with the 2nd group of 6 teams. It is much better to finish 13th if you want the Essendon type draw for next year.

Actually we'll be lumped with the 2nd group of 6 teams. It is much better to finish 13th if you want the Essendon type draw for next year.

Well that's still on the cards should the pies win and the Hawks lose

Tigers making freo looks like witches hats at home. Clarko should take pointers from dimma. Thats how you dominate a bottom team.

Give it a rest - I think Clarko more than has Hardwicks measure when it comes to coaching

Anybody else finding the fox finals ad amusing when Hannebury and Jack talk about the fear being in the head. Never has a truer word been spoken by those two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely old Ross the Boss Lyon isn't long for this coaching world? Two (likely) 100 point spankings in a row

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk
Freo have adopted a new game plan and wont deviate, it's pretty aggressive but not sure if it's for such a young squad

Watch them, 2013-2017 they would always play down the line, Have Johnson/Dawson/Mcpharlin kill contests in the back 50, stoppage Dawson/McPharlin/Fyfe/Sandilands from the back 50 mark, or bang the ball to the line, Stoppage, Mundy/Fyfe win contest, push it forward, Inch by Inch, then Get it forward and you would have Walters/Ballantyne/Mayne start harrassing defenders, Stoppage, turnover, goal

Last 4/5 weeks it's been 40 meter kicks trying to hit a guy up in the center, playing 2 guys who are not passing the center square, No club plays like this, They'll look for HillX2, Neale to break lines, square it and then the two forwards will create space

However, Realisticly when you have a 5th game player kicking it, he'll panic, Ellis/Melican/Grundy/Sicily/Rance will be in the zone, cut it off brilliantly, and send it right the F**K back in. Johnson is cooked so they played through Townsend, Hamling held Riewoldt well but weight of numbers eventually Riewoldt got a few cheapies, Johnson is gone,

Richmond have a raft of good run/carry players, They just picked Fremantle apart, I think the Essendon game might be a bit more of a stalemate, If your in a fantasy comp pick up Hurley or whoever zones back from Essendon because they'll end up with 120 supercoach points

Freo have adopted a new game plan and wont deviate, it's pretty aggressive but not sure if it's for such a young squad

Watch them, 2013-2017 they would always play down the line, Have Johnson/Dawson/Mcpharlin kill contests in the back 50, stoppage Dawson/McPharlin/Fyfe/Sandilands from the back 50 mark, or bang the ball to the line, Stoppage, Mundy/Fyfe win contest, push it forward, Inch by Inch, then Get it forward and you would have Walters/Ballantyne/Mayne start harrassing defenders, Stoppage, turnover, goal

Last 4/5 weeks it's been 40 meter kicks trying to hit a guy up in the center, playing 2 guys who are not passing the center square, No club plays like this, They'll look for HillX2, Neale to break lines, square it and then the two forwards will create space

However, Realisticly when you have a 5th game player kicking it, he'll panic, Ellis/Melican/Grundy/Sicily/Rance will be in the zone, cut it off brilliantly, and send it right the F**K back in. Johnson is cooked so they played through Townsend, Hamling held Riewoldt well but weight of numbers eventually Riewoldt got a few cheapies, Johnson is gone,

Richmond have a raft of good run/carry players, They just picked Fremantle apart, I think the Essendon game might be a bit more of a stalemate, If your in a fantasy comp pick up Hurley or whoever zones back from Essendon because they'll end up with 120 supercoach points
Good analysis, I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough watching Freo play to work out what their game style is

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Anybody else finding the fox finals ad amusing when Hannebury and Jack talk about the fear being in the head. Never has a truer word been spoken by those two

Hanners wouldn't dream of grand finals any more - he'd have recurring nightmares.

Tigers making freo looks like witches hats at home. Clarko should take pointers from dimma. Thats how you dominate a bottom team.
Dominating a bottom side requires you showing all your cards.
It's why we've been so successful under clarko.
Nobody can plan for you if they don't know what they're playing against

Yes I will be going for Richmond, Crows or Giants. No way I want either the Swans or Cats getting another flag, their fans and their media sycophants will be unbearable.
It's cricket season.
Footy is finished.
Don't care who wins from here.
Since was lucky enough to be at the GF 2012 to 2015, I can't even watch a GF without Hawthorn playing.
Just seems a pointless exercise now.
Spoilt... you bet

Is robbo feeling ok?
One of his dislikes from rd 22

"It’s a tough game and players expect tough treatment, but Carlton’s Jed Lamb’s constant harassment of Hawthorn’s James Sicily could have easily been stopped if the umpires called a free kick for an infringement. If forwards were manhandled like Sicily was in defence, you would expect a free kick to be paid. The tactic worked because a frustrated Sicily gave away seven free kicks — the equal most by a player this season. According to Champion Data statistics, Lamb played on Sicily for 68 minutes, with Lamb having eight disposals and kicking a goal, opposed to Sicily’s nine disposals. Blues coach Brendon Bolton would be rapt, but not sure it’s a good look for the game."

Is robbo feeling ok?
One of his dislikes from rd 22

"It’s a tough game and players expect tough treatment, but Carlton’s Jed Lamb’s constant harassment of Hawthorn’s James Sicily could have easily been stopped if the umpires called a free kick for an infringement. If forwards were manhandled like Sicily was in defence, you would expect a free kick to be paid. The tactic worked because a frustrated Sicily gave away seven free kicks — the equal most by a player this season. According to Champion Data statistics, Lamb played on Sicily for 68 minutes, with Lamb having eight disposals and kicking a goal, opposed to Sicily’s nine disposals. Blues coach Brendon Bolton would be rapt, but not sure it’s a good look for the game."

Robbo speaking sense? Gee wiz. He does love Sicily though, he's had him as his "Like" a few times.

Best not to get our hopes up about the Rising Star award. The Essendon* sycophants in the media have awarded to Andrew McGrath already. :rolleyes:

SEN this morning saying the Rising Star award was between McGrath, Burton, Powell-Pepper or Charlie Curnow. Then said if the award were based on character then McGrath would be a certainty, if not Charlie Curnow.

Are they having a go at Ryan Burton's character?

So quick to talk up their own favourites they don't even care what veiled and totally unjustified criticisms they throw at others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back