No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what club does the poster of this pearl belong to

Most rabble think that grand finals are the best judge of success. Thats rubbish, most top four finishes after home and away games are played is where its at

That's fine.

If Hawthorn continue as they have done for the past 56 years, averaging a premiership every 4 years, then this w@nker... err, I mean this poster's club can finish 4th every season for all I care.

I am so glad I follow a club that measures itself on premierships and not 'insert stat that somehow justifies my overgrown regional club's existence'.

Funny that a lot of team songs reference winning the flag or premiership - not finishing top 4.

Even when we don't make the finals, the headf***ed remain headf***ed.

Wonder what all these dropkicks would do if we didn't exist. Who (if anyone) would they hate on/troll/vilify, and to what extent?

SEN this morning saying the Rising Star award was between McGrath, Burton, Powell-Pepper or Charlie Curnow. Then said if the award were based on character then McGrath would be a certainty, if not Charlie Curnow.

Are they having a go at Ryan Burton's character?

So quick to talk up their own favourites they don't even care what veiled and totally unjustified criticisms they throw at others.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Character?

I'm sure over their careers, Scissors will have the last laugh but and this applies to Howe as well, if you are going to be the institigator of body contact to nullify a player then it's you who needs to be called to account not the retelliator.

Say what you like about Shiels and Langers and the former tagger Ling they don't/didn't play the man to win a ball.

I'm sure over their careers, Scissors will have the last laugh but and this applies to Howe as well, if you are going to be the institigator of body contact to nullify a player then it's you who needs to be called to account not the retelliator.

Say what you like about Shiels and Langers and the former tagger Ling they don't/didn't play the man to win a ball.

That's fair comment:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Is robbo feeling ok?
One of his dislikes from rd 22

"It’s a tough
So i watched the leaked game of thrones, and part of it wants me to spoil it on the scum board. But beating them to finals will be even sweeter anyway

(Seriously, you wont want it spoiled, turn your phone/pc off or watch it now)

Poor episode. Where was the nudity, losing its touch..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL site: (9 things we learned article)

Who would've been brave enough to make the correct call, yet one of the most unpopular, and deny Swans superstar Lance Franklin his sensational goal against Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on Friday night? Franklin turned on the afterburners to leave Crows defender Daniel Talia running in quicksand on the wing. After fumbling his second bounce, Franklin ran the maximum distance, with a bit of GST and the rest, before finishing beautifully from the pocket. By the letter of the rule book, Franklin should have been pinged for running too far, as Crows winger Rory Atkins was correctly penalised for during the game. The Swans didn't get many calls go their way during the game – with the Crows winning the free-kick count 28-14 – so in the end it was probably justice that the Buddy's brilliant goal stood. - Lee Gaskin

So, in the perverted world of AFL "justice", the mug no-name player who has run 17 metres will more often than not get pinged, but the multi-millionaire gets to do what he likes because the umps are too fu**in' star-struck /gutless to do their job properly and gift said millionaire a possible goal-of-the-year.

I know it's petty of me to be annoyed about this but I really hate the $wan$ and the associated love-fest. The petulant prick in me also wants to see ehe $wan$ lose their first elimination final and leave McVeigh stuck on 299 games (assuming he is discarded by the club at year's end).

Someone on SEN had another sook today, about hometown umpires.
Apparently they could make a big difference in finals! Wow, who was the genius who thought of that??
They made special mention of the Crows getting more free kicks than Sydney, and complained about how difficult it could be for Victorian teams travelling interstate in the finals.
Curiously, Geelong and their Sleepy Hollow stadium never got a mention. Apparently, other teams going there just have to wear the home-town bias and suck it up, but if Geelong had to contend with interstate crowds it would be the end of the world.

In case you're wondering, I really hope Geelong don't win the flag. Not this year, not next, not in my lifetime.

Someone on SEN had another sook today, about hometown umpires.
Apparently they could make a big difference in finals! Wow, who was the genius who thought of that??
They made special mention of the Crows getting more free kicks than Sydney, and complained about how difficult it could be for Victorian teams travelling interstate in the finals.
Curiously, Geelong and their Sleepy Hollow stadium never got a mention. Apparently, other teams going there just have to wear the home-town bias and suck it up, but if Geelong had to contend with interstate crowds it would be the end of the world.

In case you're wondering, I really hope Geelong don't win the flag. Not this year, not next, not in my lifetime.
Add Sydney to that

Didn't we all grow up dreaming that one day we'd play for our favourite club and finish top 4? Making that kick after the siren that got the team into the top 4? Doing a victory lap of the MCG after finishing top 4? That one day when we're pushing 100 and the great-grand kids are asking about our footy careers and we share with them the story where we finished top 4 three years in a row? *shivers* Making top 4. That's what footy is about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back