No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a kid probably 80% of the footy I watched was played on the mud heap sardine tin called Glenferrie Oval, yet, even allowing for a fading memory, I cannot recall the ball being bounced so poorly as it is by today's umpire's.
It seems to me that they want to take the attitude, if it's not working - drop it. Imagine if that was Clarko's attitude, he'd still be looking for his first flag. Someone should tell the umpires that if it's not working, then work on it, don't give up.
As a kid i lived opposite vfl umpire Kevin Smith.
He was so full of himself, every Saturday morning he would be out on his front lawn bouncing the ball practicing his routine.Flog of a bloke but geez he was good at it.

As a kid i lived opposite vfl umpire Kevin Smith.
He was so full of himself, every Saturday morning he would be out on his front lawn bouncing the ball practicing his routine.Flog of a bloke but geez he was good at it.

Good at what. Bouncing the ball, or flogging himself on the front lawn?

It is not often you have special players that people go to the footy to watch. However we have Cyril and as even the biased AFL media agree he is special. Others that come to mind are Hudson, Knights and possibly Jarman. They are not only great footballers, but are able to do freakish things, not just on rare ocassions, but frequently

No love for Lance Franklin Junior?

Sorry CLA, do you mean Franklin, or Junior?
The post is about love for Cyril, but as for the other one, well love was blossoming,whenhe jilted me/the club, so love died a quick death.

Listing freakish players who have played for our great club and there was no mention of 'Lance Franklin Junior'... you know, Buddwahhhhhhh !!!!!

On third thoughts Buckenara Brereton Hall. Tony Hall was brilliant.

We have been blessed with many brilliant footballers, as trying to select a best ever team will prove. However, of all those brilliant players there have been a few who stand out, and drag independent football lovers to games. Cyril is one of those players. Maybe Tony Hall would have become one, he cartainly was on the way when he got that terrible leg injury.

We, at Hawthor will always be divided on who was better, Hudson ar Dunstan, and I'm not sure which way I lean sometimes. One thing for sure Hudson has the best average, but on the other hand JD would have kicked the most goals if it weren't for his head injury.

We have been blessed with many brilliant footballers, as trying to select a best ever team will prove. However, of all those brilliant players there have been a few who stand out, and drag independent football lovers to games. Cyril is one of those players. Maybe Tony Hall would have become one, he cartainly was on the way when he got that terrible leg injury.

We, at Hawthor will always be divided on who was better, Hudson ar Dunstan, and I'm not sure which way I lean sometimes. One thing for sure Hudson has the best average, but on the other hand JD would have kicked the most goals if it weren't for his head injury.
One thing Dunstall had over Huddo and every other great full forward for that matter was his great defensive play. He was miles
ahead of the others making him the most complete FF ever to play but I'm still on the fence with these two.

Watching my kitchen rules last night, and the two guys cooking were football fans, one hawk and a blue. When the Hawthorn club song was played, it brought a tear to my eyes, what a joy to hear (the song was played in full). There was some club memorabilia as well, including a framed Hawthorn premiers jumper.

And then the freekickhawthorn start trending again on twitter. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching my kitchen rules last night, and the two guys cooking were football fans, one hawk and a blue. When the Hawthorn club song was played, it brought a tear to my eyes, what a joy to hear (the song was played in full). There was some club memorabilia as well, including a framed Hawthorn premiers jumper.

Sadly it was that awful alternative version that they accidentally played at the 2008 grand final.

Watched the 2016 QF tonight, gah that still burns a little. The silver lining to the result was Sydney smashing them in the prelim, extra delicious considering Dangerfield's reaction after Smith's miss :D.
Why would you put yourself through that again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back