No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you put yourself through that again?

Sadistic

Just wanting to exorcise demons I guess, get ready for the new season.
I've watched a lot of other 'heartbreaking' losses in recent years too. Like the 2011 prelim and even the 2012 grand final. The 2012 gf is easier to stomach knowing the threepeat happens after :D.

Watched the 2016 QF tonight, gah that still burns a little. The silver lining to the result was Sydney smashing them in the prelim, extra delicious considering Dangerfield's reaction after Smith's miss :D.
i must have missed missed his reaction, what was it? i must of turned it off in fury lol

Agreed - I can't watch losing games at the best of times let alone losing finals.
I was in a hotel room over Christmas break and flicked over to Fox Footy... saw Hawthorn vs Sydney Grand Final on.. I thought sweet, I have my evening sorted.

Then I realised the scoreline was a bit closer than I remember and went into a panic to change the channel.

Legit or masking drugs a la Shane Warne many years ago....
Cortisone injection into Ankle during Grand Final after he rolled it. Parker the same as well I believe but for the knee (playing with a torn PCL). Very common for players to get this injection to stop inflammation and pain of in game injuries or injuries they carry into a game. Bad look in my opinion, if you can't play without drugs don't play. If they weren't playing and choose to let the injury recover they would not get those injection.

Cortisone injection into Ankle during Grand Final after he rolled it. Parker the same as well I believe but for the knee (playing with a torn PCL). Very common for players to get this injection to stop inflammation and pain of in game injuries or injuries they carry into a game. Bad look in my opinion, if you can't play without drugs don't play. If they weren't playing and choose to let the injury recover they would not get those injection.

Thanks for clarifying. Based on his game, Parker definitely should not have played.

Dam Richmond for taking Rioli before our pick.

I did not see the game tonight at all but people talking about him becoming a good player makes me sad cos IMO he would have been a great replacement for Hill this year before moving between Fwd and Mid in a few years.

I know for a fact we would have taken him with the pick we used on Lovell (no offence Lovell i think you will be a gun). Just would have been nice to have another Rioli running around.

I did not see the game tonight at all but people talking about him becoming a good player makes me sad cos IMO he would have been a great replacement for Hill this year before moving between Fwd and Mid in a few years.

I know for a fact we would have taken him with the pick we used on Lovell (no offence Lovell i think you will be a gun). Just would have been nice to have another Rioli running around.
Sad thing is that Rioli may never reach his potential because....well, it's Richmond.

Last edited:

It's a Richmond thing. He wasn't that good, but because they are used to being so crap, he looks way better.
A bit like 2009 when Tambling was better than Franklin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad look in my opinion, if you can't play without drugs don't play

What about a Panadol?

I've no problem with legal drugs been giving during the game to get someone playing as long as the risks are known, understood and accepted by the Docs and player

I saw about 80% of the game, mainly just to see how the young man went, and would be trying very hard to get hi into brown and gold at the first available opportunity. He is developing very similar to Cyril, although new players can only dream of a 2008 gf like Cyril's in their first year.

Sad thing thing is that Rioli may never reach his potential because....well, it's Richmond.
Absolutely. Deledio could've been the best player in the league if he'd gone to another club.

Of that I have no doubt.

Joel Selwood busted speeding 25kph over the limit. Put TAC sponsorship at risk. Keen to hear from Cats fans who were adamant Hodge ought to be suspended from a final for blowing 0.06
Media will sweep it under the rug. Don't expect them to show the same outrage they did when Hodgey got bused, even though driving 27 km/h over the legal limit is considerably more dangerous than what he did.

Joel Selwood busted speeding 25kph over the limit. Put TAC sponsorship at risk. Keen to hear from Cats fans who were adamant Hodge ought to be suspended from a final for blowing 0.06
Was he accelerating or was he skidding- the media may take a point on this issue God bless them. There's a petition right there.

Selwood was overtaking another car in a 100 zone
We are talking 4pts and 1 month suspension compared to Hodge where the default penalty is 10pts and 6 months.

On the surface the law treats Hodge's more seriously than Selwood's

Not sure where else to post these, so here's good enough.

Port Arthur Ghost Tour - hawthornfc.com.au
http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2017-02-22/port-arthur-ghost-tour

How funny is Swiss in this video!

Now that's a large order - hawthornfc.com.au
http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2017-02-23/now-thats-a-large-order

$700 through the drive-thru?! Also get a good look at McEvoy's eye after last weeks game.

Years ago I went to Tassie with a friend and after visiting Port Arthur we stayed at the youth hostel there which was one of the old buildings associated with the prison (basically an old cottage that one of the staff lived in with his family I think). It was the middle of winter so we were the only people staying there. We had been warned about ghosts but not being a believer in them I wasn't worried. Anyway, the toilet was off the front veranda and I heard someone walking around and doors opening and closing in the middle of the night and I assumed it was my friend going to the toilet. When I asked her about it in the morning she said it wasn't her :eek: Couldn't get out of the place fast enough!

Years ago I went to Tassie with a friend and after visiting Port Arthur we stayed at the youth hostel there which was one of the old buildings associated with the prison (basically an old cottage that one of the staff lived in with his family I think). It was the middle of winter so we were the only people staying there. We had been warned about ghosts but not being a believer in them I wasn't worried. Anyway, the toilet was off the front veranda and I heard someone walking around and doors opening and closing in the middle of the night and I assumed it was my friend going to the toilet. When I asked her about it in the morning she said it wasn't her :eek: Couldn't get out of the place fast enough!

Oh Bumps, you are a man of science. All you needed was more data. Could it have been the people who lived there?

Selwood was overtaking another car in a 100 zone
We are talking 4pts and 1 month suspension compared to Hodge where the default penalty is 10pts and 6 months.

On the surface the law treats Hodge's more seriously than Selwood's

Hodge didn't lose his licence.

His reading was 0.068% - a few years ago you didn't get booked on that reading. The government found the revenue from penalties was dropping too much, so they changed the law!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back