No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Lecras has another year on his contract.

Am I the only one who is totally underwhelmed by Lecras?

I know he once kicked 10 goals in a game, but he seems a pretty ordinary player.
I seem to remember something happening in his family life earlier in his career, and from this point his perspective on football changed.

I hope my memory is correct and I haven't got the wrong person here.

As far as I'm concerned, we should either allow gay marriage or disallow heterosexual divorce. If you want "traditional marriage", you can have it. Till death do you part.
It's unlike bible nuts to pick and choose which parts of the Bible to follow.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What's your reasoning on that? Seems pretty cut and dry to me- if they wanna get married go right ahead.

I mean, people go "what's next, marrying your dog?"

To which I say, well, no, because there's no such thing as a legally recognised relationship between a person and an animal, and animals cannot give consent so can't legally enter into a contract such as marriage.

But I digress...

I don't make any comment on voting "Yes" or "No".
But the Family Court recognises de facto relationships, including male-female and same-sex relationships.

So you don't need to be married to get divorced!

You solved the shorts clash. What about the jumpers?

I know which one of the images below would look better on TV, while the players and blurs of colours are in full movement.

maxresdefault.jpg

Adelaide-Crows-vs-Richmond-Tigers-Live.jpg

So should we ever play Adelaide in a grand final you'll be okay with the Hawks playing in a white clash guernsey?

That's her job though. If everyone just covered the game in effusive terms it would get pretty boring very quickly. She does write the occasional piece about the game (mainly after a grand final etc) but her role at The Age is to write the investigative (call them gossip if you want) pieces. As someone who enjoys a bit of corporate intrigue I would much rather hear from her than another 4 paragraph nothing piece from Chris Judd.

Yep! Caro watches a lot of footy and it comes through in her podcasts and on Offsiders. Just because she writes about the off field doesn't mean she can't also understand the game; these are not mutually exclusive.

Agree that she shaped the supplements narrative and held the AFL / Essendon to account as much as possible.

I also hate to say this, but Caro had the Hawks missing the 8 before the season started. If we think back to then it was a minority view.

Last edited:
Yep! Caro watches a lot of footy and it comes through in her podcasts and on Offsiders. Just because she writes about the off field doesn't mean she can't also understand the game; these are not mutually exclusive.

Agree that she shaped the supplements narrative and held the AFL / Essendon to account as much as possible.

I also hate to say this, but Caro had the Hawks missing the 8 before the season started. If you think back to then it was a minority view.
Caro says s**t no one wants to hear that is generally true

I also hate to say this, but Caro had the Hawks missing the 8 before the season started. If we think back to then it was a minority view.

#StandByCaro

This is what we become when we don't play finals.
Important issues, yes! But there's more talk of this then footy on BF forum at prelim final weekend.
Please let us be in finals in 2018!

Why should the AFL stay out of politics?
Whenever an organization expresses its' views on a divisive or topical issue it offends those with contrary views. Given how easily people seem to get offended these days that's a problem. More the point there's the fundamental question of whether its the AFL's business to stick its' nose in political & social issues matters all, to which I would answer no.

The AFL is a sporting body. Not a political organization. The moment it seeks to exploit its' popularity to influence the population on political matters it effectively becomes one - difference is it isn't being run as a political party, so AFL executives have a free hand to publicly support Gay marriage, euthanasia or abortion for instance, without having to consult the organization's membership on which side they support. More the point who does the AFL represent? Does it represent only AFL club players & staff, or every club's membership base as well? Does it represent every grassroots local club that plays AFL? You can see where this is going, and why it is a very BAD idea for the AFL to abuse its' power for political ends. It was not created to do so.

Oh, and its come to my attention there are several Geelong supporting flogs now actively stalking me on these forums & reading all my posts - to you gentlemen I kindly issue the following rejoiner: GO * YOURSELVES :p

GENERAL FOOOOOOOOTBBBBBBBAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please.

Has Chris Scott already played all his strongest cards? Does he have more in the bag?

I am not sure he does. It seems to be all be about "where do we play Danger?"

I think (hope?) Adelaide will be much better prepared and organised for him than Swans were.

Geelong is the most unbalanced team I have ever seen. The entire game is structured around one man. The guy has phenomenal skill and can single-handedly win the Grand Final for Geelong, but it's crazy how fundamental he is to their chance of success. There have been lots of dominant players who have carried a game, who by their own hand can completely change the course of play. But I cannot recall another side so utterly dependent and a game plan so fundamentally narrow that it requires one guy to fire in order to succeed or face complete failure.

It may work but it's a shocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans thought they were going to walk all over Cats LOL and did no homework

Hopefully that taught the Crows not to take things too lightly. It is the meaty end now. No team can dip output even by 1%..

According to Jimmy Bartel the cats went away from their last meeting with the crows thinking that they would have the better of them in the next meet up

Apparently they are extremely confident of a win

Vomits in mouth

According to Jimmy Bartel the cats went away from their last meeting with the crows thinking that they would have the better of them in the next meet up

Apparently they are extremely confident of a win

Vomits in mouth

Didn't the Cats camp and media apologists sprout out about how determined they were to win the flag prior to the finals starting? They were then routed by the Tigers.

I hope the old Catters are full of hubris for this weekend. It'll make their thrashing all the more enjoyable.

Has Chris Scott already played all his strongest cards? Does he have more in the bag?
I am not sure he does. It seems to be all be about "where do we play Danger?"
I think (hope?) Adelaide will be much better prepared and organised for him than Swans were.
Am hoping the cats take the punt and select Nakia (the footballer) for this one as I really think it will backfire spectacularly.
And for Adelaide - I'd be getting their clumsiest, heaviest player to accidentally stand on joel's sore foot every once in a while.

Last edited:
This is why we can't have nice things. Because we can't play nicely.

Which threads are specifically for football? I will spend my time there.

Big clean up done.

Football talk only in this thread, please.

(I understand the AFL taking a stance has muddied the water about whether this is a football or non-football conversation, but there are probably better threads you can find)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back