No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's not some anonymous person
She's now known because of this incident as much as the player in question is known
She may have consented the photo, as much as she obviously consented to sleep with him
She did not consent for the distribution of the pic
She didn't say " hey,thanks for the fun, now you can share this around all your mates and they can share and share alike"
No, she didn't consent that at all and because he did and then some of those who received it shared it around more, they should feel the full force of the law
But they won't, because they're footballers

I have no issue with it being a criminal matter, criminal matter does not mean guaranteed prison either. Stuff like this needs to be a criminal matter because too many people are doing this sort of thing, sharing round pics of people that they don't have permission to.

And with cameras on phones now it's not like people can't take quick snaps and share them without people even knowing.
Agree, no issues with it being a criminal matter, because as I stated, it will not attract a custodial sentence if the legal system works as it is intended.

It is completely different and worthy of much more severe sanctions if a pic was taken without someone's consent, no doubt about that. This case may even be slightly different if the pic's were identifiable, but they aren't.

People have choices in life, some exercise their choices better than others. Everyone should be educating their kids about the dangers and/or consequences associated with making questionable choices to a) Prevent their kids from being the dirty little perves that send naked pics of individuals to their mates, and b) Prevent their kids from stripping naked and allowing someone to take naked pictures of them.

Pretty simple, if you do either of the above there is a high probability things will end badly.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

She's not some anonymous person
She's now known because of this incident as much as the player in question is known
She may have consented the photo, as much as she obviously consented to sleep with him
She did not consent for the distribution of the pic
She didn't say " hey,thanks for the fun, now you can share this around all your mates and they can share and share alike"
No, she didn't consent that at all and because he did and then some of those who received it shared it around more, they should feel the full force of the law
But they won't, because they're footballers
The woman allegedly did not consent to the pic being shared. We really only have one side of the story.

Chances are an AFL football player will actually pay 'pay' being the operative word more than anyone else in the community.

The woman allegedly did not consent to the pic being shared. We really only have one side of the story.

Chances are an AFL football player will actually pay 'pay' being the operative word more than anyone else in the community.

No
She didn't consent
That's why the police are involved
There isn't any excuse for these people

No
She didn't consent
That's why the police are involved
There isn't any excuse for these people
That's the statement she has provided police. She also stated to the best of her knowledge the player had deleted the image. No one is making excuses, but their are always two sides to any story and I suspect the police will seek out both sides, not just hers as has been reported. The woman involved has alleged a number of things, including that this was an act of revenge pr0n, which will need to be proven in Court, if the matter gets to Court.

Would you have the same view if it was your daughter or sister?
I dont have a daughter only a son but if I did have one I would still want the coppers chasing real actual criminals and the legal system locking them up.

Also I think I might just quietly tell my daughter to harden the * up or maybe not pose for pics like that in the first place? Its really not an issue, they're just **** ffs.
Princess Kate the bloody Duchess of Cambridge had hers snapped secretly and without her knowledge then splashed all round the world and she seems to have survived.

I dont have a daughter only a son but if I did have one I would still want the coppers chasing real actual criminals and the legal system locking them up.

Also I think I might just quietly tell my daughter to harden the **** up or maybe not pose for pics like that in the first place? Its really not an issue, they're just **** ffs.
Princess Kate the bloody Duchess of Cambridge had hers snapped secretly and without her knowledge then splashed all round the world and she seems to have survived.
Wow

Also I think I might just quietly tell my daughter to harden the **** up or maybe not pose for pics like that in the first place? Its really not an issue, they're just **** ffs.
Man I don't even know where to start with this.

You're part of the problem. You don't know how you'd act if you had a daughter, if you really think about it, if you really believe that if photos of your daughters body were posted online and passed around and the media and cops were all over it and she was upset that your response would be harden the * up then you need to have a look at how you view and value women

Man I don't even know where to start with this.

You're part of the problem. You don't know how you'd act if you had a daughter, if you really think about it, if you really believe that if photos of your daughters body were posted online and passed around and the media and cops were all over it and she was upset that your response would be harden the **** up then you need to have a look at how you view and value women

Come on mate, the guy is at least 71 based on the pic, so you realise he's probably forgotten what it's like to feel things like "empathy for women" back in his drug-addled youth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just got to comment one last time
Wow

Last edited:

This! How stupid to take the photo in the first place.

Delete it off the phone if you didn't consent to it being taken. Once its out there in the real world you no longer own the photo.

The web owns it.

More importantly if you have young daughters educate them on the dangers of risk photos and videos.

Delete it off the phone if you didn't consent to it being taken. Once its out there in the real world you no longer own the photo.

The web owns it.

More importantly if you have young daughters educate them on the dangers of risk photos and videos.

Having said that I still think the person doing the distribution should be punished, but also that people need to be careful. Doesn't matter how long the perpetrator gets, your photo is still on the internet!

I am sure you could come up with a better argument for full punishment than that. Justify your view.

The girl in question acted in good faith that the pictures wouldn’t be shared. With the players afl profile it’s only a matter time before her personal details get leaked. Then she will probably have to endure the **** shaming that goes with it. (Ie Kim Duthie ring a bell?). Is the purported $20 000 going to help with the stress, humaltion and mental pressure. Maybe. Doubtful. Will still take years for recovery.

The player involved, has already received the high fives and pats on the back for his success. $20 000 is not a lot to pay for humiliating another person. Especially when they could very well be in $300k a year it’s pocket change.
It’s not a punishment.

By trying to humanise the woman, I was hoping to achieve that she is more than a picture of a pair of **** with a premiership medallion around her neck.

The girl in question acted in good faith that the pictures wouldn’t be shared. With the players afl profile it’s only a matter time before her personal details get leaked. Then she will probably have to endure the **** shaming that goes with it. (Ie Kim Duthie ring a bell?). Is the purported $20 000 going to help with the stress, humaltion and mental pressure. Maybe. Doubtful. Will still take years for recovery.

The player involved, has already received the high fives and pats on the back for his success. $20 000 is not a lot to pay for humiliating another person. Especially when they could very well be in $300k a year it’s pocket change.
It’s not a punishment.

By trying to humanise the woman, I was hoping to achieve that she is more than a picture of a pair of **** with a premiership medallion around her neck.
Some on here get it
Some don't

And never will

What's with people not taking responsibility for their own actions these days? All parties are at fault. To point the finger and say one is more guilty than the other is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not a punishment.

Great response.:thumbsu:

It’s not a punishment.

Alot of assumption going on here, why say crap like this, you lose you valid argument when you start grasping for straws.

It's not about judgement mate
It's the ******* law
More to the point, social media has taken on a really dark persona. This sort of s**t is all too frequent and needs to be stopped. This is the type of s**t that leads to suicides and these turds need to learn that it is not on. Somebody has to be the first example. Happens to be an AFL footballer.

Alot of assumption going on here, why say crap like this, you lose you valid argument when you start grasping for straws.
Doesn't matter if there are assumptions. The point of the argument is that it should never have happened. If the girl did not agree, the guy needs to go down. If she did agree, then that is another story and there is no case for the guy to answer.
I am not prepared to hang the guy until the facts are known, but if guilty, then punish him according to the law.

The web owns it.

The player told her he deleted it. You really expect a woman to overpower a footy player who is amongst his mates to forcibly check the phone?

Come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back