No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams are falling over each other to the point where even if we lose today we will prob still be top four at the end of the round.

GWS draw was the equivalent of a ‘dumb loss’ - the kind that costs good teams their top2, top 4 or finals spot.

Port are beating up the weak teams and losing to the better ones. Geelong are really hot and cold. So are Adelaide.

The doors are opening for us and Richmond to grab this season. Also, West Coast are somehow top of the ladder without a recognized midfield beyond shuey and gaff.

Winning today and next week would be excellent.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the clear reduction in Selwood shrugging last night , thought it was just me !

Agree. He hardly ever chases, and rarely tackles. Stood and watched a Port player clear the ball more than once tonight.
They are pretty banking on him kicking 50+ for the year , which he is capable of doing .
Does give opposition a good chance of exploiting him the other way

Apparently his knee allows him 1-2 'efforts' at best

And Port are massively overrated. Funny how trading in Watts and Motlop has done nothing to improve them.

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk
They look terrible , Geelong shut them down way too easily
They added good players but a similar type to what they already had , it hasn't actually improved them as a team

They look terrible , Geelong shut them down way too easily
They added good players but a similar type to what they already had , it hasn't actually improved them as a team
Very weird off season. Them and essendon pulled some odd moves.

They are pretty banking on him kicking 50+ for the year , which he is capable of doing .
Does give opposition a good chance of exploiting him the other way

Apparently his knee allows him 1-2 'efforts' at best
His knee doesn’t seem to stop him running to the goal square to get one out the back. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I imagining it or has Selwood reduced the amount of “shrugging” he does since Clarko called him out.

He did play an excellent game tonight - was absolutely everywhere
You have to be to attempt to break people's legs you can't break people's legs by staying in one spot, so he had to get on his bike.

You have to be to attempt to break people's legs you can't break people's legs by staying in one spot, so he had to get on his bike.

I actually missed whatever it was he did there and I’d be surprised if there’s vision considering he won the medal

Am I imagining it or has Selwood reduced the amount of “shrugging” he does since Clarko called him out.

He did play an excellent game tonight - was absolutely everywhere

Yes - and I was happy to give him BOG last night.
BUT - he must be called out for the punch (even though it was a payback) and the kick to the leg.

Yes - and I was happy to give him BOG last night.
BUT - he must be called out for the punch (even though it was a payback) and the kick to the leg.

But he won’t
I don’t think Selwood has ever been called out for his ferocious attack on the “ball” - other than its warrior like.

A vastly improved showing by the Blues. Certainly showed endeavor this week.

Still think that Carlton board poster who thinks that SOS's drafting of O'Brien and Fischer will be lauded as the jewels in the crown in (Premierships) 17, 18 & 19 may be going a bit early.

Hope we are switched on this afternoon. The round has been far from predictable so far.

Teams are falling over each other to the point where even if we lose today we will prob still be top four at the end of the round.

GWS draw was the equivalent of a ‘dumb loss’ - the kind that costs good teams their top2, top 4 or finals spot.

Port are beating up the weak teams and losing to the better ones. Geelong are really hot and cold. So are Adelaide.

The doors are opening for us and Richmond to grab this season. Also, West Coast are somehow top of the ladder without a recognized midfield beyond shuey and gaff.

Winning today and next week would be excellent.

Yes all interesting. When you look at the ladder and having some idea of what teams have shown so far I think that the current top 8 teams will be the final 8. It is now a case of jockeying for positions within that 8.

Hawthorn might be the most vulnerable of the 8 because of the team structure injuries we have suffered. If we win today I will give a huge sigh of relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back