No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point does the heat come onto Ross Lyon? Putrid display after putrid display and he seemingly flies under the radar.

Showing very little development of that team, seem to be standing still.

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk
Garbage club.
Garbage coach.

No mention of this on Seven after the game. If it were one of our boys it would be on continuous replay.

This is how the media works these days. Ignore whatever does not suit the narrative, exaggerate other aspects to sway the gullible masses.

"Sydney are such a wonderful club, amazing culture, only missed finals 3 times in 18 years..." (just don't mention the COLA).

This is how the media works these days. Ignore whatever does not suit the narrative, exaggerate other aspects to sway the gullible masses.

"Sydney are such a wonderful club, amazing culture, only missed finals 3 times in 18 years..." (just don't mention the COLA).

Get smashed in finals most years.

For me, at least 1984 and 2012 were pleasant trips, it's just my footy team lost. 1987 was a nightmare. No Dunstall, Brereton only 20% fit, the travel agency stuffed up my fights, the hotel stuffed up my booking. The day was so freakin' hot even Michael Tuck was wearing a short sleeve jumper. The Hawks lost. Walking back to the hotel I was continually abused by arrogant Carlton fans. I got back to the hotel, no hot water and the air conditioning wasn't working. Finally got to the airport where they had once again screwed up my seat allocation and I had to wait 6 hours for another flight. The entire weekend was like something out of Planes, Trains & Automobiles. :)

That day was a crap day and that’s an understatement, but if you ever see a Carlton supporter make sure you retell that story every time AH. Just add that since that fateful day I’ve seen another 7 flags while your mob has won 4 spoons.

Wrong. Can’t miss top 4 if we win.
It wasn’t wrong at the time I posted it.

Sydney hadn’t beaten the Giants yet, so assuming the Giants (the favourite) won we would currently be 5th and potentially at risk of staying there even with a win over the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it like the Collingwood game in 2016 when we just won and then faded through the finals?
We were old, slow and broken then. We were going great until we stopped and just fell over.

This side is different, but is mentally fragile.

We were cooked at the end of 2016.

We may not be good enough now but we are not cooked.
We were cooked at the end of 2016.

We may not be good enough now but we are not cooked.

Just on 2016, I see it as one of the great lost opportunities. I didn’t think we went into the geelong game cooked. Smith kicks the goal and history changes. We are a different beast at the mcg. We had the experience to win it. I can’t accept we were cooked.

The bulldogs were on a bullshit run. Seasons later proved this exactly. An arsey run at the right time. They are a bullshit club. At least Richmond are backing it up (until now), although they too were a rubbish organisation for almost four decades which the footy world seems to have forgotten.

Which brings me to this year. The St Kilda game was a reality check however with loads of upside. Rough, cegs and Sicily are massive inclusions, and we play a better brand at the mcg. So I agree with you we are far from cooked, however not better placed.

The hawks going for four could do anything and they deserved the opportunity to go for it. Whilst we lost in straight sets we were never disgraced. I will maintain that rougheads illness was the determining factor. Rough plays we win four. Arrogant perhaps, however that’s the type of trust I have in rough at his best.

The 2017 hawks were decimated by injury to key players and it doesn’t surprise me to see us back. Since the bye, we lost to geelong by 3 points, a dumb carlton 7 point loss, and Richmond by 5 goals to win the flag. Two Brisbane floggings (by our standards) our only non competitive efforts in 2018. Rioli the killer for us this year which I can’t get over. Hurts now more than ever.

Anyway, we are so in it!

KOLOKOTRONIS

Last edited:
That day was a crap day and that’s an understatement, but if you ever see a Carlton supporter make sure you retell that story every time AH. Just add that since that fateful day I’ve seen another 7 flags while your mob has won 4 spoons.
My brother went to both of those GFs, and I remember him coming home after 84 (I was 10) and he just shrugged and said they were better. 87 I stayed up until he came home around 11:30 and expected the same - he was absolutely furious at the way Carlton fans behaved and the amount of luck they had over the entire finals series with weather, Hawthorn injuries etc. I am loving every minute of Carlton being utterly s**t.

My wife, who is English, was watching a Carlton v Collingwood game with me just after we moved back to Oz a few years ago. She said she felt sorry for Carlton - they seemed nice... I turned, eyeballed her, and said slowly and deliberately - "Never, ever feel sorry for those pricks. Ever". She quickly learned to hate Carlton.

So * Carlton - * them. May they stay rooted to the bottom of the ladder. And stay rooted.

My brother went to both of those GFs, and I remember him coming home after 84 (I was 10) and he just shrugged and said they were better. 87 I stayed up until he came home around 11:30 and expected the same - he was absolutely furious at the way Carlton fans behaved and the amount of luck they had over the entire finals series with weather, Hawthorn injuries etc. I am loving every minute of Carlton being utterly s**t.

My wife, who is English, was watching a Carlton v Collingwood game with me just after we moved back to Oz a few years ago. She said she felt sorry for Carlton - they seemed nice... I turned, eyeballed her, and said slowly and deliberately - "Never, ever feel sorry for those pricks. Ever". She quickly learned to hate Carlton.

So **** Carlton - **** them. May they stay rooted to the bottom of the ladder. And stay rooted.

Post of the century!!!

Carlton deserve decades of hurt. Nothing better than seeing their demise! Scum of the earth people and scum of the earth club!

KOLOKOTRONIS

So **** Carlton - **** them. May they stay rooted to the bottom of the ladder. And stay rooted.

One of my wishes in life is to never see the Carlton football club feature in any relevant discussion until the day I’m no longer on this earth. Just bottom four for many decades!!

KOLOKOTRONIS

Post of the century!!!

Carlton deserve decades of hurt. Nothing better than seeing their demise! Scum of the earth people and scum of the earth club!

KOLOKOTRONIS
I hope it's terminal and they go out of business. I ******* hate them. But some rich prick will come in and save them, just like Dickie Pratt. Lo Giudice is the epitome of Carlton - too many business lunches, too much money, and just a fat rich prick who thinks because it's Carlton then they are entitled to win. No you're ******* not - as for Judd, SOS and all the others - they can get ****ed too.

Just on 2016, I see it as one of the great lost opportunities. I didn’t think we went into the geelong game cooked. Smith kicks the goal and history changes. We are a different beast at the mcg. We had the experience to win it. I can’t accept we were cooked.

The bulldogs were on a bullshit run. Seasons later proved this exactly. An arsey run at the right time. They are a bullshit club. At least Richmond are backing it up (until now), although they too were a rubbish organisation for almost four decades which the footy world seems to have forgotten.

Which brings me to this year. The St Kilda game was a reality check however with loads of upside. Rough, cegs and Sicily are massive inclusions, and we play a better brand at the mcg. So I agree with you we are far from cooked, however not better placed.

The hawks going for four could do anything and they deserved the opportunity to go for it. Whilst we lost in straight sets we were never disgraced. I will maintain that rougheads illness was the determining factor. Rough plays we win four. Arrogant perhaps, however that’s the type of trust I have in rough at his best.

The 2017 hawks were decimated by injury to key players and it doesn’t surprise me to see us back. Since the bye, we lost to geelong by 3 points, a dumb carlton 7 point loss, and Richmond by 5 goals to win the flag. Two Brisbane floggings (by our standards) our only non competitive efforts in 2018. Rioli the killer for us this year which I can’t get over. Hurts now more than ever.

Anyway, we are so in it!

KOLOKOTRONIS
Clarko himself said he knew the 2016 wasn't good enough but he owed it to the fans to have a crack at Fourthorn. Look back at 2015 - we were declining then, we were just lucky the rest of the comp was s**t. The side was actually at its best from mid 2012-all 2013. And don't forget 2011 - we went 18-4 H&A and still only finished third! Note how Mitchell only had one more year at WC post-2016, Lewis has been no better than serviceable at MEL, and Hodge's role at BNE is very specific. We were OK in 2016 - but we won a stack of games by less than a kick, and we had a very favourable run with the umps (apart from Geelong games).

One of my wishes in life is to never see the Carlton football club feature in any relevant discussion until the day I’m no longer on this earth. Just bottom four for many decades!!

KOLOKOTRONIS
That's why the Threepeat was so sweet - Essendon were drug addled idiots, and Carlton were sliding into the abyss... just brilliant.

KOLOKOTRONIS
totally irrelevant, and no chance of being relevant whilst they allow themselves to be run by fat, smug rich bastards like LoGiuduce and his cohorts.

Clarko himself said he knew the 2016 wasn't good enough but he owed it to the fans to have a crack at Fourthorn. Look back at 2015 - we were declining then, we were just lucky the rest of the comp was s**t. The side was actually at its best from mid 2012-all 2013. And don't forget 2011 - we went 18-4 H&A and still only finished third! Note how Mitchell only had one more year at WC post-2016, Lewis has been no better than serviceable at MEL, and Hodge's role at BNE is very specific. We were OK in 2016 - but we won a stack of games by less than a kick, and we had a very favourable run with the umps (apart from Geelong games).

I get what you are saying and I cannot disagree that we were on a decline. However we could have won 2016. That smith miss was the end of an era, however we had the team to do it had he kicked the goal. The mental resolve was exhausted after many close wins that you mention.

Re freekickhawthorn, I never bought into that.

KOLOKOTRONIS

C Scott managing a subtle whinge despite winning by 20 goals

Saying ‘real home final’ etc

You probably won’t qualify but you’ll happily take an away final at the MCG as the away team eh?
You can tell the guys under pressure , has the ‘trinity’ and was expected to finish top 4 and now they will get in only after flogging two sets off witches hats pre finals at home
And they can have a proper home final , build a stadium that holds 50-60k then qualify for it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back