No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from Part 2:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...d-opposition-fans-not-welcome-part-2.1156736/

====================

Hawks,
There's always something going on or happening in the league at any given point and although we have a 'Australian Rules' board for all things AFL, we thought a general discussion thread on the Hawk board may just give some posters here the opportunity to discuss other clubs, or just general happenings during the off season, and Home and Away periods without having to be concerned with getting into slanging matches with other clubs supporters.

And there's the catch. This is a thread for Hawks fans only, and a sanctuary where we can discuss whatever we please* regarding the AFL and other clubs(within the rules of the board, of course) without having outsiders stepping in to muddy the waters.

*Note: This does not mean that we can use this thread as some sort of haven to post agitating or inflammatory comments about other clubs or it's players.
Be sensible, or your posts will disappear.

*** Yes, that's right. If you're not a Hawk, and you feel the need to respond, then prepare to wear a red card. You've been warned. ***

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that this may be creative thinking on the AFL's part to solve the ugly Ablett impasse that was looming, particularly after the family tragedy. Cats now have a pick that would be acceptable to GC, who should not be bloody minded in the circumstances.

When you can make the rules up as you go then you can try to work towards the "right " outcomes. Didn't work in 14 and 15 but the last 2 years have worked out fine.
Watch them walk away from Ablett and trade 19 for stringer.

If i take my clothes off for a photo, the photo is now the property of the photo taker, unless i have a contract in place i would have

That's actually crap. Distributing an intimate photo of someone without their consent is a crime in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 19 for Buddy, obviously his 10 million dollar deal isn't worth anymore according to the AFL. I think you deserve nothing if a player leaves as a free agent though, if you want to receive assets trade them with a year to run.
FA should be scrapped all together. It's done more harm than good

Geelong were just handed pick 19 compensation for Motlop!!! That's disgusting. How do they always get kissed on the d***. End of first round pick for a guy that plays 2-3 good games a season. Laughable

Reckon you've hit the nail on the head. AFL making sure Ablett gets home

Bringing back the classics :rainbow:

How the **** geelong get pick 19 for motlop??

Afl journos clamouring to justify it. Gil has obviously sent the memo

AFL* are beyond corrupt. But we've known that for years, and yet we still fork out for memberships...

This is just the start fellas. Just watch what happens now that Steve Hocking is in the AFL Footy Ops chair.

******* end of 1st for a 4yr/2mil deal.
500K a year netted a 2nd round compo for Richmond with the old salary cap.

Last year Wells and Mayne were both reported to be 2 million 4 year contracts.
Both band 3 compo.

Then salary cap increases. AFL says it will be much harder to get compo picks.

Nek minnit... same contract, better compo.

This competition is a farce.

Wont that be a real disgrace :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

This is best case scenario for me.

- Cats end up getting an over rated cancer into their club (not that any of this is their fault)
- GC and the AFL get diddled and their bad press is all for nothing
- Bombers miss out on their man
- Presidents across the league will kick up a stink
- The media will kick up a greater stink bc Essendon have been stiffed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back