No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If there's one thing the AFL love more than making money, it's making up wanky departments

I actually thought it was sleeping with women they work with or are in "partnership with" and then changing the rules week by week so no one investigates now that Caro retires... but I digress from tonight's game. So I shall go back to it.

Watching tonight's game in a micronism (never thought I'd use that word about footy and it doesn't have the underline so it appears it's a real word) you more and more think last year was Melbourne's 2018 year that brought the Bulldogs their 2016 year. Bulldogs been average before, worse since, but got lucky... Melbourne didn't and really didn't show that much at the end of the day... well more than Carlton who relatively have had as many top picks as them.

Brayshaw is horrid, he makes Bryce Gibbs look tough, yes he gets lots of free footy if Gawn taps it but he just doesn't or won't physically compete unless in open space (he's piss weak effort to get out of the way of Riewoldt in the first half should have been called by the commentators except is the guy doing it his uncle or something?) and his disposal has been at best Richie Vandenberg on a bad day so far. He's only saving grace is he does get back to be free. Oliver basically disappeared that quarter like he did towards the end of last season because Gawn's taps go to Brayshaw now. Jack Viney... well there is a man's man. I'd go have a beer with him after the game, no issues at all. Gawn's been ok for Gawn this year but still appears to be a guy more interested in not having a physical contest unless he loses out on his next ad because their is a bump on his face. Lewis who was putrid last week this week looks like their best disposal by foot by a country mile in the midfield.

It's a low scoring game right now 52 -35 in Richmond's favour, 17 shots to 10 in Richmond's favour oh and inside 50's 61 to 32 in Richmond's favour. Goodwin's done a Terry Wallace floodgate on Sheedy in that year they almost won 22 on the drugs that killed River Phoenix... except they need to get up more than the bulldogs did that day... and as I finish this paragraph the Tigers have just got another one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duck putting his foot in his mouth again. Said with all due respect to Collingwood and West Coast, Richmond were the best side last year. Piss off Duck, the best team doesn’t get their arse handed to them in a prelim. Where’s the respect

it felt like how they have taken us apart the last few times. Low scoring first half where they take control from 2nd qtr then overwhelm the opposition with pressure and hard running whilst completely strangling your forward half. I like some of these new guys they have brought in , they will be right up there again I feel

Duck putting his foot in his mouth again. Said with all due respect to Collingwood and West Coast, Richmond were the best side last year. Piss off Duck, the best team doesn’t get their arse handed to them in a prelim. Where’s the respect
Lions prob weren't the outright best side of the year in their 3peat years either. Means jackshit.

Can someone tell me where the hype for Petracca comes from? I got my arse chewed out last year on the main board calling him and average player that wont be able to stand up in the midfield, yet to be proved wrong.
Valid post IMO re: his delivery to date. He’s had some very good games, but hasn’t put together a string of games, let alone a solid season.

By virtue of some of the games he’s played & watching him within games, he has far too much talent to have achieved as little (individually) as he has.

I think he’s drastically under-achieving & needs to get out of MFC & play for a real club, before this bullsh*t becomes his norm. I just can’t see how he doesn’t become a real footballer under a new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back