No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior opportunity needs to go or have a massive rework

Yes, but also. AFL is one of the only sports in the world where almost every aspect of every rule is open to interpretation. It's one of the things that makes the game incredible but also infuriating.

Yes, but also. AFL is one of the only sports in the world where almost every aspect of every rule is open to interpretation. It's one of the things that makes the game incredible but also infuriating.
Rules open to interpretation is not a good thing at all. It’s why the modern game is a mess and nobody has a clue what’s going on, especially the umpires

If rules are not applied are they rules or guidelines?

If I can incorrectly dispose which is against the written rules and no free is paid consistently - then what use are rules if they are not enforced.

Do we actually have any rules?

I mean I can now:

Throw the ball
Not dispose correctly
Climb goal posts
Drop ball when tackled
Spin 360 plus then dispose, but that's OK

Um so what rules do we enforce? The ones made up last year to create 50m penalties in game and umpiring departments rule of the week!!!

The "guidelines" and lack of black and white rules are bringing game to disrepute...

The AFL is a laughing stock with no consistency at all...there are no rules folks - cue hysteria!!!

Cracked the algorithm
Everyone loves it when umpires toss the whistle away for most HTB/ID decisions during the prelim and gf
AFL do it during the home and away games and everyone loses their minds as it congests play

Cracked the algorithm
Everyone loves it when umpires toss the whistle away for most HTB/ID decisions during the prelim and gf
AFL do it during the home and away games and everyone loses their minds as it congests play

Apparently Wayne Carey thinks it is exciting to play this way. It doesn’t surprise me cause he obviously had his own set of rules not so much on field but off it.

As well as "rules" not properly being enforced, the gradual Geelongification of the AFL* and its media arm (via the likes of Shocking, Whateley, Huddo, Matt Granland, Lingy, Jimmy Bartel, et al) is slowly turning me off.

Thank goodness for the Cricket World Cup, FIFA Women's World Cup, the Ashes, and the Rugby World Cup in the next 5-6 months.

I particularly dislike huddo these days whith that fake excitement of his which is just an annoying whine.

its like the whole GF is about what hes going to say at the end which gets longer each year. You aren't the star you knob.

I particularly dislike huddo these days whith that fake excitement of his which is just an annoying whine.

its like the whole GF is about what hes going to say at the end which gets longer each year. You aren't the star you knob.

I find Eddie to be the same......especially on the radio.
Gets a false excitement in what I can only assume is an attempted to exaggerate something that was really nothing at all. I can just visualise him climbing out of his seat, leaning forward to the glass on the commentary window and swallowing his microphone. Sit down Ed.......it was just the coin toss 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Don’t seem to have thought about how to play against everyone else” . Your words mate.
No need to quote them if you didn't read them

So you are suggesting that Melbourne really thought about how to play against us. Ok. Tell me more. What did you notice they were doing against us that showed that had specifically thought about how to play us?

I didn't say anything about wins and losses - Melbourne might get flogged tonight in the second half, but they have certainly thought about how to play against the Eagles

No need to quote them if you didn't read them

So you are suggesting that Melbourne really thought about how to play against us. Ok. Tell me more. What did you notice they were doing against us that showed that had specifically thought about how to play us?

I didn't say anything about wins and losses - Melbourne might get flogged tonight in the second half, but they have certainly thought about how to play against the Eagles
My mistake. Melbourne did not prepare for us at all and accidentally won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back