No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My weekly crab update was a bit slow tonight.

I saw at one point he had 5 disposals for 30m gained.

Imagine spending Pick 1 on a bloke who thinks AFL football is a game of hot potato.

Can we just call him the Rising Crab from now on?

As was my right to not renew my membership because of the racism displayed byJK, I wholeheartedly support marklar’s decision to hand his back because he doesn’t support the clubs decision to show their support for Goodes - something that’s important to Silk, Imp, Wingard and Walker.
Pretty sure it would be important to Tom Mitchell as well seeming he was a former teammate. I don’t know why some people just can move forward with all this s**t. I loved watching Goodes play and I don’t agree with all of his grievances but he is a good guy that I always thought represented his people really well and it’s unfortunate that his career ended with all the off field stuff at the end of it. IMO it’s time to move on.

Pretty sure it would be important to Tom Mitchell as well seeming he was a former teammate. I don’t know why some people just can move forward with all this ****. I loved watching Goodes play and I don’t agree with all of his grievances but he is a good guy that I always thought represented his people really well and it’s unfortunate that his career ended with all the off field stuff at the end of it. IMO it’s time to move on.

Think this would put an end to it tbh - gives it some closure imo and if there are then those who want to keep bringing it up then so be it.

I only mentioned those guys because they have spoken out about how they thought they should of been more supportive than they were at the time and contrary to some of the “horror week” rhetoric on here, I think the decision to do this would of come as a result of viewing the doco

Just as well eagles couldn’t kick straight

Pretty poor performance by the bombers considering how highly they are rated. Supporters and media kidding themselves if they think that mob are final contenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the probability of kicking 3 goals in a game is the same wether or not he bets on himself then on purely rational terms it makes no difference. If the probability changes then it’s a market distortion. And as betting companies are proud sponsors of the league you can appreciate why they wouldn’t want any thing distorting the market that they didn’t control! But also other punters are not aware of this information so are unfairly disadvantaged for not knowing about the change in probabilities.

But it gets worse. Let’s say fat tony approaches Stephenson and says we want to put a bet on you to kick exactly 3 goals and we will give you a cut of the winnings if you make that happen. Suddenly Stephenson’s incentives are changed. His employer has paid him to play in the team’s best interest while a third party has provided an incentive to go against those interests. If Stephenson has kicked 3 goals and has an opportunity to win the game with another kick for goal but deliberately misses to ensure his payment from fat tony is protected then the agent (Stephenson) has acted against the interests of the principal (Collingwood). This is an agency problem. Clearly, even if it is Stephenson making the bet himself rather than fat tony the agency problem still exists but you can see where allowing this kind of behaviour would lead.

So allowing betting causes a market distortion and an agency problem. Neither are desirable.
who are you calling fat?

Seriously considering sending my membership card, 12 year scarf and #24 jumper back to the club tomorrow.
I'm fine with what the club is doing, and it means a lot to our group of indigenous players.

For those not fine with it I suggest that pretending that we are honouring Angelo Lekkas with the pre-match gesture should get you through it ok.

I’d rather hear Bobcat Goldthwait and Gilbert Gottfried talk about their bowel movements than BT and Basil commentate a game. On their own they are abysmally bad but combined is nauseatingly awful.
I didn't make it past half time once they got to the Talking Points segment.

I don't if I failed or got a pass mark for doing so.:think:

I tried listening to ABC grandstand but they’ve got Mick Malthouse and Sharrod Wellingham and a third who I have no clue and watching paint dry was more exciting
Malthouse is hilarious. Often he's halfway through a sentence and he gets cut off because the action callers have to get on with the game. He's the Grandpa Simpson of special comments.

Just as well eagles couldn’t kick straight

Pretty poor performance by the bombers considering how highly they are rated. Supporters and media kidding themselves if they think that mob are final contenders

Eagles missed a chance for a really good percentage boost last night.

It reeks of a cheap PR exercise

Our Indigenous players disagree.
Should see the comments posted on Facebook. Overwhelmingly against the clubs decision to run with this.

View attachment 696040

People were probably overwhelmingly against our decision to not hire Wallace in 2004. And the 'majority' of Facebook opinion =/= majority of actual opinion.

Our Indigenous players disagree.

The timing is wrong, if they were going to do sonething it should have been done weeks ago when the documentary news first came out and even during the 2 week period where players wore their indigenous guernseys.

Just seems more reactionary because of JK's words this past week. No harm done doing it so whatever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back