No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we qualify for early draft picks. I can see a campaign from the usual suspects to somehow stop that. Will need to be squeaky clean from any suspicion of tanking

What about when the AFL have to give us a "bottom 6" fixture based on the bracketing they use

• Bottom six: Clubs ranked 13-18 on the ladder will have either no return meeting or a maximum of one return meeting with clubs ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one or a maximum of two return meetings with clubs ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two and a maximum of three return meetings with other bottom six clubs.
:oops::oops::oops:

What about when the AFL have to give us a "bottom 6" fixture based on the bracketing they use

• Bottom six: Clubs ranked 13-18 on the ladder will have either no return meeting or a maximum of one return meeting with clubs ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of one or a maximum of two return meetings with clubs ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two and a maximum of three return meetings with other bottom six clubs.
:oops::oops::oops:

That would be guaranteed to be Geelong in that case. But let's be real, it would be a killer for us financially. The AFL gives us a billion Sunday games and crap fixturing against decent teams and we were in a top 6 fixture, imagine a bottom 6.

That would be guaranteed to be Geelong in that case. But let's be real, it would be a killer for us financially. The AFL gives us a billion Sunday games and crap fixturing against decent teams and we were in a top 6 fixture, imagine a bottom 6.
Top 6 doesn’t mean commercially top 6 fixture;let’s see how they could break it further assuming we finish bottom 6 and ladder same
- double up Geelong, freo, port, Gold Coast , saints
- away game vs north in hobart
- Sunday twilight everywhere

Didnt the Maybloom Hawthorn go 36 years before a flag?. They've got ten years to go

edit: it looks like North took 50, but they do have some of those VFA thingys
I choose to ignore everything that happened before 1957 (Hawthorn’s first finals appearance in the VFL). :p

^
I
I
Sarcasm font.

Top 6 doesn’t mean commercially top 6 fixture;let’s see how they could break it further assuming we finish bottom 6 and ladder same
- double up Geelong, freo, port, Gold Coast , saints
- away game vs north in hobart
- Sunday twilight everywhere
Garruntee we will get a hard fixture, but not financially (given the club has been vocal).
Will get Geelong twice and Brisbane twice at a minimum

Also Essendon* had a fourpeat in the VFA (1891-92-93-94), do you think anyone cares about that (especially considering not every club played the same number of games in the first three years of their* fourpeat)?

Along with death & taxes another immutable recurring theme is the AFL giving us an unfavorable fixture regardless of ladder position. They'll even break their own 6/6/6 double-up rules if they have to, they've done that before.

They'll call us an anomaly and adjust their rules accordingly.
As evidence of this I cite the MRP's "Potential for Hawthorn Player to Cause Injury" clause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t believe they called West Coast brave yesterday. They won because Hawthorn didn’t.
Brave is Carlton - no Cripps, Curnow or McKay. Impressive effort. I’m wondering whether Teague releasing the shackles and letting each player play to their strengths is contributing to their newfound success. Do teams get too locked into structures and roles, stifling their natural abilities, the gifts that got them to AFL level ?

I sometimes wonder about the Moores, the Morrisons and the Hanrahans playing with freedom at Box Hill and having to adapt to a structure in the Ones.
They lost the true meaning of the word brave 2-3 years ago. Anyone that wins or tries to win from a losing position is somehow brave. Essendon playing with the ongoing investigation was brave.

Ah it’s that time of the year again , the annual Geelong home final whingefest..... getting those excuses ready again .
Classic strategy though, complain about the GF at the MCG to try and get the AFL to meet them in the middle with regards to home finals except the MCG.

Classic strategy though, complain about the GF at the MCG to try and get the AFL to meet them in the middle with regards to home finals except the MCG.
Interstate clubs complain about the disadvantage of not playing games at the mcg and Geelong complain about playing them there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back