No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s something I came across on YouTube that any of you late 70s children like myself will appreciate. Dipper and the Kid dished it out but could take it as well.

Thanks for sharing. I'm a very late 80's child and I found this very interesting to watch. The hair and fashion has changed but the mannerisms and sly smiles are the same as ever with all the young blokes coming through now.

2014 was the year he went to another level, easily his best. Teams were tagging him instead of Mitchell which says it all.

There was no GF that year.
The Mayan's were correct that year. They just weren't specific about why.

I don’t think I’ve hurled as much abuse as I did in 2001 since. I think I used every available derogatory term available and invented some more of my own to hurl at Vozzo and Goldspink.

If you were ever going to put your money on game fixing it was during that game
Yeah I watched it in the front bar of the Punters Club and was the same.

Barmaid told me off but a few regulars obviously pitied me and asked her to let it go lol

Nasty woman. One of those reporters who have absolutely no regard for the well-being of those interviewed. Always assumed guilt and went for the jugular every time. Happy to see the back of her.

yes. I preferred this reporter...

cant wait for that one.jpg

I miss 60 minutes, particularly prime-era Jana Vendt. Those beautiful dreamy eyes were something else. Not quite Delvene Delaney but right up there.

1.jpg
I have done a lot of building work over the years for Del and Strop.
Went to Their daughters 21st, pimp and hoes themed party at the Bruns pub(Northern nsw). Del, well into her 60’s was in a bra and suspenders and still looking absolutely stunning! Her youngest is a spitting image of her too

I’m the same mate. The only Hawthorn game I’ve missed over ther last 10 years was that game against Geelong where Hawkins kicked that long bomb after the siren. I was at a wedding and needless to say I was glad I missed it.

I felt that one wasn't so bad; by quarter time I had already given the game up and just wanted us to go close, So to lead then have the typical last minute defeat at jaws of victory didn't burn quite as much.

I really do miss Lewis, it was obviously the right decision to move him on but jeez he was a gun.

One of the most underrated from our premiership era imo, was considered a good player by a lot of most oppo supporters but he was a tier above just good. You could just always count on him to stand up for us when we needed to and it may not have been a clutch goal or a lace out 50 m kick. It was often just evening a contest to cause a turnover, laying a big tackle or even just ripping a ball out of a contest to get us going forward when we need a clearance.

The game where we came back on after being concusses. Shows how determined and resilient he was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me which end Hawk supporters sit at the SCG

You don't get much choice: last year we were on the wing, just opposite the TV cameras.
The previous couple of years we were high up in the stand on the right.

We moved at half time and sneaked in with some Hawk supporters on the half forward area.

By the way, Sydney supporters are generally fairly friendly and easy going, not like some of the rabid Port fans I've been lucky enough to cop on 2 occasions!

2014 was the year he went to another level, easily his best. Teams were tagging him instead of Mitchell which says it all.

There was no GF that year.
I remember 1 game in particular against port when dickwad cornes was tagging Mitch, they were pumping us early than we made a big comeback on the back of Jordy absolutely tearing them to shreds all over the ground. They made the move cornes onto Jordy once things were getting out of hand but it just goes to show how good he was that year if you watched that 1 game. Think he had at least 40 and 2 goals from memory.

View attachment 602933
Obviously filmed on a potato, but the contest on the ground is in front of the line.

View attachment 602936
The umpires in a pretty good spot there - and he called touch without hesitation. He is also following the track of the ball, standing perpendicular to the line, and looking to the RIGHT.

The ball was in play when Cox first touched it - without question.

View attachment 602937
Cox now in full control, falling to ground - ball has still not gone completely passed line.

View attachment 602939

Always an eccentric character, Cox celebrates by doing a handstand - both he and the ball have FINALLY crossed the line.

IMO it was a mark - certainly far less have been paid, but if the call from Goldspink was he dropped it, would have just been another 50/50 to go against us.

To have an umpire from out of position over-ride with an incorrect decision was disgraceful, and should have been the last time Goldspink ever left his news agency.
Totally ridiculous to overrule the goal umpire from where he was what kind of a muppet thinks that was the right decision to make in that circumstance? Well and truly shafted by a bloke with an agenda against the footy club.

Bad luck for Ollie Wines. Practically every action we take in life has an element of luck attached, and periodically that fine lady likes to throw up snake eyes.

Though it appears now that there's been hoo har and/or pontificating from with wider Port Adelaide familia. So I popped into the Port Adelaide - Est. 1870 board looking to seek deets. So, um, yeah. Fair to say they're not a real happy mob at the moment. (echo chamber non-familiarity notwithstanding).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back