No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Brian

This is why BB’s achievement is special - gives you purpose and a sense of achievement.

Unfortunately for Brian he is heartbroken and lost and suffering. I hope he finds his way again and that both clubs reach out and offer some sort of support.

Double Like.
I concur with your comments Off The Couch.
Unquestionably a superstar Fullback.
Lady luck has been tough on him.
Lets hope he finds the mindset to bring him out the otherside.

Not really on the subject of what ppl have been talking about in this thread lately but I still think it meets the title.
Went to a Sportsman Day out my way. Twas a good day.
David Schwarz gave one of the best speeches I've seen on these sportsman days over the years about of his Gambling issues and other stuff like how he thought of certain Football media "moguls".
He used an unusual example to point out how the media and those moguls use, treat, turn on certain players if they don't follow their line.
He used Brendan Fevola and asked which incident put him on the front page on the newspapers 3 days in a row... (few ppl guessed none got it right), I guessed the peeing in the laneway (only two days apparently so I was wrong) no one got it... feel free to google it.
Then later he said guess which is ex footballer has done the most for charity in my time that I have seen do it (and he said it's not me), but he said almost refuses to allow himself being seen to do it... and asks family's of children to keep the photo's to their own family. Yep it twas Brendan Fevola.

We all have opinion's of people and so do I... and well yes there are others but I doubt I ever would have guessed he would have said Brendan Fevola again because some in the media have given me that opinion of Brendan Fevola… and now I have been given an opinion of Brendan Fevola that is different.

Not really on the subject of what ppl have been talking about in this thread lately but I still think it meets the title.
Went to a Sportsman Day out my way. Twas a good day.
David Schwarz gave one of the best speeches I've seen on these sportsman days over the years about of his Gambling issues and other stuff like how he thought of certain Football media "moguls".
He used an unusual example to point out how the media and those moguls use, treat, turn on certain players if they don't follow their line.
He used Brendan Fevola and asked which incident put him on the front page on the newspapers 3 days in a row... (few ppl guessed none got it right), I guessed the peeing in the laneway (only two days apparently so I was wrong) no one got it... feel free to google it.
Then later he said guess which is ex footballer has done the most for charity in my time that I have seen do it (and he said it's not me), but he said almost refuses to allow himself being seen to do it... and asks family's of children to keep the photo's to their own family. Yep it twas Brendan Fevola.

We all have opinion's of people and so do I... and well yes there are others but I doubt I ever would have guessed he would have said Brendan Fevola again because some in the media have given me that opinion of Brendan Fevola… and now I have been given an opinion of Brendan Fevola that is different.

Fev would say himself he did some silly things, but you're right in saying that some players get constantly ridiculed by the media or only get reported on when the bad things happen

Fev played a couple of games at my brother in laws club a few years back and couldn't have been more humble and warm with everyone around the club and stayed with the boys after the games to have some drinks when he wasn't necessarily required to

Generally the players who get ridiculed by the media are the players who do the dumb as dogsh*t stuff.
The really really stupid gobsmacking dumb brain dead stuff.
Fevola graduated with honours in that category so it’s not surprising that he deservedly hit the headlines.
Don’t blame the media for that - it sells papers because it’s what we enjoy reading.

Dozens of players from every club do charity work and some clubs in particular, such as Richmond, do sensational long term charity work. Charity work doesn’t warrant headlines except on special occasions (such as the absolutely fabulous work that Daniher, Melbourne FC and all the coaches have done for MND) and the vast majority of players don’t seek out kudos for the work they do.

I suspect Fev was pushed towards charity work by his manager and PR people (as was Shane Warne) to get his credits back into positive territory. Nothing wrong with that, we’re all the better for it especially, in this case, Fevola and the charities he’s assisting. But let’s not make a martyr of him (not that anyone in this forum is).

Burton is soft and doesn’t put the team first, it’s all about Burton looking good
Players would consistently tell Burton where to set up during games, as he had moved out of position following the ball
Burton looked a million bucks when he had Hodge telling him where to run to, as soon as Hodge left Burton's "skills" declined rapidly.

Hopefully Port can get something useful out of him, otherwise they'll never trade with us again.

Burton looked a million bucks when he had Hodge telling him where to run to, as soon as Hodge left Burton's "skills" declined rapidly.

Hopefully Port can get something useful out of him, otherwise they'll never trade with us again.

Why
They asked for him as part of the deal

Caveat Emptor

This is how AFL.com.au looks today....... but apparently the AFL favoring Sydney is just a figment of our imaginations, right? :$

Untitled-1.jpg

On the led signboards debacle (abandoned apparently)

Most stadiums have a bit of those LED boards fixed to level one to show who’s on the bench - just have a bit of that for team messages. Simples

Dylan Shiel is now in that elite group of players....

Where they edit the highlights so you don’t see the result of his kicks are usually poo

Going 67% which is meh for this game 5 clangers which is BOG

(Not that I’ve got anything against him mind)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricciuto saying that the Wingard for Dursma and Burton is a deal that Port have definitely won so far. Based on 6 quarters of JLT 😳

Port won on Burgoyne. Roos won on Hale and Gibbo. Crows won on Gunston. Doggies won on lakey. Etc

Not sure I really care

Btw we got burton with a pick we traded for Jed Anderson to North
We got Anderson by trading Gilham to Gold Coast
We got gilham after port delisted him (that AFL premiership winning Gilham btw)

Box Hill's defensive scheme played Brisbane much better than Melbourne has. Box Hill was able to block movement much better, plugging running lanes. Melbourne has been chasing far more while the BH Hawks were anticipating far better. It looks like our coaching is switched on. I think Yze dedicated to game-day tactics is a brilliant idea and I bet it really pays off.

Port won on Burgoyne. Roos won on Hale and Gibbo. Crows won on Gunston. Doggies won on lakey. Etc

Not sure I really care

Btw we got burton with a pick we traded for Jed Anderson to North
We got Anderson by trading Gilham to Gold Coast
We got gilham after port delisted him (that AFL premiership winning Gilham btw)
Gilham the 50 million dollar man apparently

Box Hill's defensive scheme played Brisbane much better than Melbourne has. Box Hill was able to block movement much better, plugging running lanes. Melbourne has been chasing far more while the BH Hawks were anticipating far better. It looks like our coaching is switched on. I think Yze dedicated to game-day tactics is a brilliant idea and I bet it really pays off.
When did yze get the gig of game day tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back