No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day another article updating us all about how they are looking forward to a big year....it's the offseason, where the Dopers really shine.

To be fair, in the past the top 50 had 8-10 hawks in the three peat era but if this list is about projecting the best players in the coming year, then I don’t see how O’Meara and Wingard aren’t on the list.

To be fair, in the past the top 50 had 8-10 hawks in the three peat era but if this list is about projecting the best players in the coming year, then I don’t see how O’Meara and Wingard aren’t on the list.
And to be even fairer, I can see how O’meara might miss that list when he missed the biggest game of his career due to his knee issues.. not trying to be a downer but until he puts it together consistently your not going to see him make the fat gerbils meaningless list.

And to be even fairer, I can see how O’meara might miss that list when he missed the biggest game of his career due to his knee issues.. not trying to be a downer but until he puts it together consistently your not going to see him make the fat gerbils meaningless list.

Disagree entirely.
A gerbil is a small mammal. Even a fat one is still relatively small.

I think you mean bloated whale.

Daniher? Lists should state whether the predict loss of form rhrough injury or not. It’s all too easy to opinion that one person or one team might be affected more than another

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still no Schoenmakers or Howe on the injury list, where are they?

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk
A question regarding Howe. It never came up who tackled Mitchell and broke his leg. Could it be that Howe was the one and is sorting out some demons? I could be completely wrong here and he is just injured (as we don't even know what is wrong with Gunston) but just a thought.

A question regarding Howe. It never came up who tackled Mitchell and broke his leg. Could it be that Howe was the one and is sorting out some demons? I could be completely wrong here and he is just injured (as we don't even know what is wrong with Gunston) but just a thought.
I've thought the same thing as well as I'm sure many others have too but at the end of the day these things happen even at training. It is however interesting that a blanket was thrown over the situation after it happened cause things like a leg break don't usually happen without contact. You make a good point that if it was someones tackle / contact that contributed to Tommy's injury then they'd be feeling pretty damn flat right about now. You never want to see anyone get injured ever but if you could've picked the one guy we least needed that to happen to then Tommy was it. Anyways I'm pretty sure Abasi, The_Axeman and others who were there at the time would've and can shed some light on this. One thing to think about is what good would come from naming and shaming if in fact it was someone at all cause what has happened has happened.

Last edited:
Gunston has an issue with his ITB

As for Howe I don't think speculating about whether he was the one who broke Mitchell's leg and whether he is out for mental reasons is really appropriate

Okay, we have 9 new rules.
The AFL gets Steve Hocking to find some rules that no-one seems to have a problem with and change them.

And does it just before the season starts so nobody has any idea how they will work.

Hmm ...

Gunston has an issue with his ITB

As for Howe I don't think speculating about whether he was the one who broke Mitchell's leg and whether he is out for mental reasons is really appropriate
Fair enough (and thanks for the update on Gunston)

Heppell asks for patience from hungry Essendon fans

Article in today’s Age by some nondescript called Ronny Lerner.
Guess what - Ronny is an Essendon supporter.

That’s why he writes a nothing article about the Injectors (which could be written about any one of 8 or 9 or 12 clubs, except Ronny doesn’t barrack for any of them).

These kinds of articles really positively and absolutely and completely give me the utter sh*ts.

Just because around 70% of Melbourne journos barrack for the Injectors, the footy public has to endure, on a daily basis, crap articles like these. There’s a lead article every second day about the Injectors in the Age and Sun. Forget about the other clubs.

Watch the Sun tomorrow - for the latest update on the Injectors.

Blockbuster subjects like …………………………………

Dylan Shiel looking forward to great year … Devon Smith loving his time with the Bombers … Daniher really confident about his fitness ...Heppell's hairdresser uses wonder shampoo

...... king Jesus !!

Sorry I was wrong on 2 counts.
First the latest daily update about the Injectors was in today's Age, not the Sun.
Secondly, it wasn't about Daniher being confident about his fitness.
It was about nursing him through his first game !

Who gives a flying f*ck !!
He's an overrated player for the side that finished 11th last year and is one of 3 dozen or so players coming back from injury.

Disagree entirely.
A gerbil is a small mammal. Even a fat one is still relatively small.

I think you mean bloated whale.

Gerbil is actually a good analogy considering how much time Slobbo spends up AFL executive's .....

Last edited:
Sorry I was wrong on 2 counts.
First the latest daily update about the Injectors was in today's Age, not the Sun.
Secondly, it wasn't about Daniher being confident about his fitness.
It was about nursing him through his first game !

Who gives a flying f*ck !!
He's an overrated player for the side that finished 11th last year and is one of 3 dozen or so players coming back from injury.
You need to understand that they need to give a bit of extra coverage now to teams who are so consistently irrelevant during the later stages of the season. It should balance out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back