No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks
Just saw on the news Sheedy offering free tickets to the Country Game for fire victims.

Surely something that would assist in rebuilding their properties would be more appropriate?

Reported as a good news story, once again for the injectors, but really if the AFL/Sheedy want to make a mark then donate something tangible!

Aug 15, 2009
The Riverina
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A question regarding Howe. It never came up who tackled Mitchell and broke his leg. Could it be that Howe was the one and is sorting out some demons? I could be completely wrong here and he is just injured (as we don't even know what is wrong with Gunston) but just a thought.
It wasn't Howe that collided with Mitchell.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You said that like you know who did. Not that it matters though 😂
Why would anyone who knows confirm who the player is? The way posters go after players (and posters who share information) on this board makes it unlikely we will ever be told who it was. Can only imagine the things we are not told on here due to the unbridled enthusiasm of posters to pot players...I’m quite thankful that the information hasn’t come out :)

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
Why would anyone who knows confirm who the player is? The way posters go after players (and posters who share information) on this board makes it unlikely we will ever be told who it was. Can only imagine the things we are not told on here due to the unbridled enthusiasm of posters to pot players...I’m quite thankful that the information hasn’t come out :)

Agree, imagine if it had been Tim O'Brien..... release the mob!

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just saw on the news Sheedy offering free tickets to the Country Game for fire victims.

Surely something that would assist in rebuilding their properties would be more appropriate?

Reported as a good news story, once again for the injectors, but really if the AFL/Sheedy want to make a mark then donate something tangible!
Oh * tried, but when they checked their tangible assets register all they could find in surplus were needles, syringes and shredders. So they settled on the tickets.

It wasn't Howe that collided with Mitchell.
I’m glad you’ve confirmed it wasn’t Howe, but posters/supporters need to realize it’s completely irrelevant who it was as it was a freak accident.
It is not the fault of any player, coach, club doctor etc
It’s a freak accident.
I could not give a fat rats flying arse who tackled him or kicked the footy to him or collided with him

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
I’m glad you’ve confirmed it wasn’t Howe, but posters/supporters need to realize it’s completely irrelevant who it was as it was a freak accident.
It is not the fault of any player, coach, club doctor etc
It’s a freak accident.
I could not give a fat rats flying arse who tackled him or kicked the footy to him or collided with him

Completely agree. Accidents happen and would rather our boys be going hard in practice, than playing bruise free footy.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Trying to find wally

I found him :moustache:

WS.jpg

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
An argument supporting limiting runners is that player interchange can be used for messaging.

Hope they remember that when the reducing interchange argument comes up again
No argument here, reduce the interchange to sweet feck all and I'll be happy as a pig in mud.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I wasn't sure where to post this but it has been reported that a player selected in the top 15 is already homesick and wants to go back to his home state. It was posted on a Facebook AFL Insider page so take it for what its worth but if it is true then maybe someone like a Ben King that wants to come back to VIC could be had to fill a future KP role. Out of those top 15 players selected then it could really only be 7 players as the other 8 got drafted to their home states and 2 of them cannot play for their home state (TAS). I mentioned Ben King because there was talk early that he wasn't happy about going to the GC. Has anyone heard anything else?

1 Sam Walsh (VIC) Carton
2 Jack Lukosius (SA) Gold Coast
3 Izak Rankine (SA) Gold Coast
4 Max King (VIC) St Kilda
5 Connor Rozee (SA) Port Adelaide

6 Ben King (VIC) Gold Coast
7 Bailey Smith (VIC) Western Bulldogs
8 Tarryn Thomas (TAS) North Melbourne
9 Chayce Jones (TAS) Adelaide

10 Nick Blakey (NSW) Sydney
11 Jye Caldwell (VIC) GWS
12 Zak Butters (VIC) Port Adelaide
13 Isaac Quaynor (VIC) Collingwood
14 Jackson Hately (SA) GWS
15 Jordan Clark (WA) Geelong

A question regarding Howe. It never came up who tackled Mitchell and broke his leg. Could it be that Howe was the one and is sorting out some demons? I could be completely wrong here and he is just injured (as we don't even know what is wrong with Gunston) but just a thought.

Have it on good authority by someone involved in the club,and not blaming anybody as accidents happen and it was just a bad freak injury which occurred to Tom Mitchell as he was being tackled by Wingard and as Tom's leg got swung out unfortunately Tim O'Brien came through and made contact to Tom's leg, end of story....just a freak accident.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Have it on good authority by someone involved in the club,and not blaming anybody as accidents happen and it was just bad a freak injury which occurred to Tom Mitchell as he was being tackled by Wingard and as Tom's leg got swung out unfortunately Tim O'Brien came through and made contact to Tom's leg, end of story....just a freak accident.

More importantly is this how Wingard hurt his calf? Jokes... just jokes.

SuperSic

All Australian
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So sick of the AFL media’s Richmond narrative (or anti-Hawthorn for that matter).

Just went to watch the highlights of our JLT 2 game and they literally only showed 1 of our first 6 goals.

Maybe the didn’t show much of either team you might be thinking? Nope they even found time to put a Richmond POINT in there!!

For the whole highlights video they only showed 4 of our 13 goals, but they showed 8 of Richmonds 14!!

I have no problem with the rest of the comp underrating us but this type of stuff grinds my f***ing gears. Thank god we have Hawthorn Highlights on youtube otherwise we’d be screwed.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So sick of the AFL media’s Richmond narrative (or anti-Hawthorn for that matter).

Just went to watch the highlights of our JLT 2 game and they literally only showed 1 of our first 6 goals.

Maybe the didn’t show much of either team you might be thinking? Nope they even found time to put a Richmond POINT in there!!

For the whole highlights video they only showed 4 of our 13 goals, but they showed 8 of Richmonds 14!!

I have no problem with the rest of the comp underrating us but this type of stuff grinds my f***ing gears. Thank god we have Hawthorn Highlights on youtube otherwise we’d be screwed.
I agree have stopped watching the AFL highlights package. Thank goodness we have Hawthorn23 :thumbsu:.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have it on good authority by someone involved in the club,and not blaming anybody as accidents happen and it was just a bad freak injury which occurred to Tom Mitchell as he was being tackled by Wingard and as Tom's leg got swung out unfortunately Tim O'Brien came through and made contact to Tom's leg, end of story....just a freak accident.

Doubleplusgood troll.

I’ve printed and framed your post.

First the latest daily update about the Injectors was in today's Age, not the Sun.
Isn't one of those papers a sponsor of the scum?

Is it that paper (the sponsor) that publishes scum articles every 2nd day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back