No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Rampe fined 10k for telling an umpire to speak up. Who exactly is that offensive too? If the players cannot hear you call 'play on' or 'back a metre' because you are softly spoken that is an issue. What a joke. I thought it was funny.

Maybe a public message from the AFL and a warning to Rampe about respect towards umpires but 10k. Ridiculous.

Well, that is not really correct, is it?? He was fined for telling him he speaks like a girl. And that is showing disrespect. I would have fined him $20K. And another 10 for being a Swans player. And another 10 for, well, because.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Well, that is not really correct, is it?? He was fined for telling him he speaks like a girl. And that is showing disrespect. I would have fined him $20K. And another 10 for being a Swans player. And another 10 for, well, because.

The part I find annoying is they announce that its a 10k fine but 5k of it is suspended. FMD if you're gonna fine him then just fine him and move on. Curiously asking does the AFL poker the money they fine players, coaches, officials, clubs etc or do they donate it to foundations? This would be a great way to show how serious the AFL is about things. For example if someone is fined for a sexist / racist remark then donate all the proceeds to a charity that has something to do with the offence.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Umpires frustrate the **** out of me - but players shouldn't be allowed to openly disrespect them like that. If coaches get fined for attacking umpires in a press conference - I have no qualms with players copping it as well. Not hard to treat the officials with a bit of respect.

Never argued it was not disrespectful but 10k!

The part I find annoying is they announce that its a 10k fine but 5k of it is suspended. FMD if you're gonna fine him then just fine him and move on. Curiously asking does the AFL poker the money they fine players, coaches, officials, clubs etc or do they donate it to foundations? This would be a great way to show how serious the AFL is about things. For example if someone is fined for a sexist / racist remark then donate all the proceeds to a charity that has something to do with the offence.
Indeed. He should have to pay the whole lot. Stuff this suspended rubbish. I see also his 2K for climbing the post is suspended. If he wants to climb goal posts like a monkey, then he should agree to getting paid in bananas.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-01/players-facing-over-100k-in-extra-mrp-fines

Apparently goes to concussion research and cost of running the tribunal hearings.

Never argued it was not disrespectful but 10k!
Mate, you said he got fined for telling an ump to speak up. Gives a totally different perspective on the incident.

Can't really argue about the amount, but I think the goalpost incident should have been the bigger fine. Blatant disregard for the rules. Absolute tiprat.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So is Ablett really the clean skin he is made out to be or does belonging to the protected species group is what has kept his record clean

Watching him once again raise his hands and adopt the hangdog look to tell the player athat he has engaged with and the ump that it is him that’s at fault rather than Gaz seems to be a regular occurrence

Protected, especially since Hocking has been in charge of the umpires. Protected on the field, can do no wrong, hardly ever gets a free kick paid against him either. I remember 2009? Where Cyril caught him, swung him around 720 degrees, he disposals of the ball by throwing it. Oops I meant bulldogging it to a team mate, then Cyril gets pinged for holding the man, as Cyril didn’t let go for 0.03 seconds.

Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Partly to do with the coach.

Reckon he has no idea.

Worsfold was never known for being a great tactician. Had a great midfield back at West Coast that got them (barely) across the line.
Sumich was his tactician and he didn't want to come across to Melbourne

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
The core of shiel, smith, heppell, mcgrath, merrit, danniher, francis, fantasia, hurley, stringer, hooker, redman, saad, AMT, mckenna is definitely good enough to be a finals team. Who knows if they'll pull it together but they have enough talent there to do some damage.
Been saying for 18 months if you are a well coached organised side your a very good chance to beat them even if they have more ‘talent’ .

Have too many front running unaccountable players players who aren’t actually damaging enough to do so.
And they’ve only recruited more in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Been saying for 18 months if you are a well coached organised side your a very good chance to beat them even if they have more ‘talent’ .

Have too many front running unaccountable players players who aren’t actually damaging enough to do so.
And they’ve only recruited more in

Absolutely, too we successfully stopped a quick-paced running style team in GWS on the weekend.

10K fine for telling an umpire he speaks like a little girl is absolutely ridiculous.

It’s really not. Stock standard fine if coaches blast umpires. Pretty supportive of the same applying if a player hurls an insult at an umpire - no matter how lame it is. Don’t be a campaigner don’t get fined - simples.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Rampe sounds like a triple A w*nker.

I'd fine him another $50,000 for being just that.
Wasn’t it Rampe that said to the umpire a couple of years back ‘are you going to have a cup of coffee with him’ or something like that? This was after Clarko had his infamous catch up with Gil which was totally blown out of proportion. Either way he is a tool bag of the highest order.

Christ.

Does anybody know of a 5yo girl with a deep baritone voice? No, because they don't exist. If the umpire speaks in a high pitch voice, akin in tone and pitch, to a young girl, all he's doing is emphasising his point using a simile.

Can't see any SJW 5yo's getting up in arms over his comment, but then again, it's not the 'victim' of these comments you need to worry about; it's those who get offended on other people's behalf.

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
AFL Media - Hawthorn were boring!

Also AFL Media - Ross Lyon and Paul Roos are such great coaches.
While we’re at it, I found the 2004 & 5 GF’s quite dull with respect to a football spectacle. It was like watching rugby. Granted they were close games but in IMHO it did nothing to showcase the what best two teams should be about. And some argue those were classic GF’s. Yawn.

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geez all the knickers getting twisted into all sorts of knots cos Rampe has a bit of personality. tipping it would be more enjoyable having a beer with him than some of the stuffed shirts around here

Jan 29, 2010
Above the floodline
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geez all the knickers getting twisted into all sorts of knots cos Rampe has a bit of personality. tipping it would be more enjoyable having a beer with him than some of the stuffed shirts around here

Mate if you call that smart arse stuff “a bit of personality” - compare him to Roughie’s display on the weekend giving guidance to a rookie in a demonstration of supreme sportsmanship.

I’d prefer a beer with Roughie any day - and happily order Rampe to play his next game with a pineapple deposited up his back passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back