Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great half of footy that, good ball movement from both teams.

Yet in our boring hawthorn style, we restricted both teams to one more goal for a full game than they have kicked against each other in a half
Whatever our style, maybe we are getting games played on our terms

Agree it was good though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mihocek and Cox (dropped so many uncontested marks close to goal) should have kicked at least 10 between them. McGovern and Barrass whilst being strong aerialists are the most unaccountable key defenders in the comp. Give so much leg rope to the forwards they are playing on.

I like that we were able to strangle both these premiership contenders in the last two weeks, good signs we are putting the pieces together.
Just like the ground work that Clarkson put into us in 2005-2006 to strangle the opponent.

Next step is to build a more dynamic midfield and create scoring from our entries.

Going by the amount of smoke being blown up the eagles at the start by the 'Expert" commentators, I didn't think they could possibly lose. ;)

I was a little confused by all the smoke this week around the eagles return to form and premiership favouritism just because they trounced the dockers when just the week before they could only beat a 15th placed hawthorn on the siren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back