Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Dangerfield blatantly look devastated after he lost last night typifies the Geelong football club. The home final sooking, the coach who will never praise the opposition after loss and bringing back campaigners like Ablett, the club is in the middle of a run of mediocrity, and they know it. They’ll lose their best player to Perth, their fat sniper full forward only beats up on s**t teams and they’ve become very easy to play against. Yeah they generally have good regular seasons but they get 7 wins gifted by playing at their dump of a ground. They are nowhere near it and it’s fantastic

Watching Dangerfield blatantly look devastated after he lost last night typifies the Geelong football club. The home final sooking, the coach who will never praise the opposition after loss and bringing back campaigners like Ablett, the club is in the middle of a run of mediocrity, and they know it. They’ll lose their best player to Perth, their fat sniper full forward only beats up on s**t teams and they’ve become very easy to play against. Yeah they generally have good regular seasons but they get 7 wins gifted by playing at their dump of a ground. They are nowhere near it and it’s fantastic
He's not trading Kelly mate. Got a feeling they'll walk him to the PSD.

Of course he was upset. Everyone of us would have been if we were in their position, especially after having their season ended a few days before.

The amount of hate he is getting here because he dared to show some emotion and disappointment over not winning the brownlow is really sad. What did everyone expect him to do?

Watching the Hawks v Freo game live and before looking at stats, I thought Brad Hill was clearly Freo's best player for four quarters on the day. Fyfe was great in patches but Hill tore us a new one all day with his run and carry.

I'm happy for Fyfe to win, particularly ahead of Dangerflog, but there were better four quarter performers than Fyfe on that day in my opinion.

Geelol will do themselves no favors if they do.
West coast are in the box seat and won't have to give much in return for him. No other team besides Freo would take the risk to pick him in the PSD, unless he really wants out of geelol.

Hill had 37 at 72%.
Worpel 33 at 66% and 4 more clearances.

My post was simply highlighting that he didn’t have a huge amount of possessions for a supposed BOG and that he had 16 effective disposals.
Hill had a good game. Worpel had a good game. Fyfe sat a bit of it because he wrecked his shoulder in said game as well.

His 24 touches were way more.influencial then Hills 37. Freo get beaten by 100 without Fyfe turning the game on its head. His defensive work as well that game was huge. I get what your saying but I don't think you can accurately take stats into some accounts. Re watch the game. It sticks in my mind as fyfe played the best quarter of football I've ever seen. Easily this year ad well which included Cripps couple of last round efforts.

Geelol will do themselves no favors if they do.
West coast are in the box seat and won't have to give much in return for him. No other team besides Freo would take the risk to pick him in the PSD, unless he really wants out of geelol.
He would go to the PSD if all else fails. Wife absolutely wants back to WA. They didn't really help Kelly much in the early days with his kid. Only when he started dominating and his wife gave them a spray.

Have to laugh at Teague strolling in coaching for the now - pushed Mark Murphy and Ed Curnow into the middle, pushed out young mids who need exposure to develop and it cost Cripps the Brownlow.
Don't mind it. Cripps while a beast needs to still develop some parts of his game. His defensive running and spread is one of those things. Which is scary he has some improvement in becoming a better all round player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he was upset. Everyone of us would have been if we were in their position, especially after having their season ended a few days before.

The amount of hate he is getting here because he dared to show some emotion and disappointment over not winning the brownlow is really sad. What did everyone expect him to do?

Well he could have just behaved like Cripps or Neale - grin and bear it like a good sport.

I think the ridicule he's getting is deserved because he's turned up on the night with that smug sense of entitlement in the silly look-at-me suit, expecting to win.

Then when the votes go against Danger, he had that crestfallen look which turns into a the "it's just not fair" face (otherwise known as the Chris Scott look).

Well he could have just behaved like Cripps or Neale - grin and bear it like a good sport.

I think the ridicule he's getting is deserved because he's turned up on the night with that smug sense of entitlement in the silly look-at-me suit, expecting to win.

Then when the votes go against Danger, he had that crestfallen look which turns into a the "it's just not fair" face (otherwise known as the Chris Scott look).
Or Gaz. Or Joel look.

Because he's a campaigner and no one likes a campaigner.

So Willie Rioli has been allegedly found to have had cannabis in his system in the final against Essendon. Apparently it is a banned in-competition substance.

How on earth is cannabis in any way a performance enhancing substance? Genuinely curious - are there certain components that can aid an athlete?

It's the Geelol thing

So Willie Rioli has been allegedly found to have had cannabis in his system in the final against Essendon. Apparently it is a banned in-competition substance.

How on earth is cannabis in any way a performance enhancing substance? Genuinely curious - are there certain components that can aid an athlete?

Agree ... not a performance enhancing drug ... I would have thought ... ask Bob Marley!

What. An. Idiot.

You can argue till the cows come home that cannabis isn't performance-enhancing and shouldn't be part of the banned list of substances, but the fact is IT IS. Add that to the fact he tampered with a separate urine sample and the bloke deserves to have his AFL career taken away from him.

If I was a West Coast supporter I'd be livid with his stupidity.

Maybe it calms you down?

I got no idea

What. An. Idiot.

You can argue till the cows come home that cannabis isn't performance-enhancing and shouldn't be part of the banned list of substances, but the fact is IT IS. Add that to the fact he tampered with a separate urine sample and the bloke deserves to have his AFL career taken away from him.

If you were a West Coast supporter you'd be used to this sort of stupidity from your players.

And there's a fair chance he won't ever play AFL again - only been one person ever sanctioned for metabolite cannabis (a QRL player) and he received a lifetime ban.

What. An. Idiot.

I personally think if you had a few joints you could not possibly run out onto an oval and play for two hours ... just my own personal experience ... so not performance enhancing at all ... in my view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back