Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who remembers Geoff Hayward of Collingwood playing on the giggle weed, will understand the effects of having a few tokes before a game. Worst performance I’ve seen from a senior level footballer in all my years of following the game.
Rooted his sister too didn’t he?

Rooted his sister too didn’t he?
giphy.gif

Hill had 37 at 72%.
Worpel 33 at 66% and 4 more clearances.

My post was simply highlighting that he didn’t have a huge amount of possessions for a supposed BOG and that he had 16 effective disposals.
Hyped up players will get votes at a higher rate than unhyped players due to the human phenomenon of unconscious bias. Point in case - mid-way through 2015 (or was it 2014) the media started highlighting Jordan Lewis’ stellar season. Early Brownlow counting, little to no action. Post hype, he comes home with a wet sail.

It is the best on ground in the “eyes” of the umpires, including their unconscious bias.

As stated here, while it's not always performance enhancing it can have that effect for some athletes therefore it's banned.

I can't be bothered to look for the WADA list to double check with my own eyes, but MJ may just be an in competition ban and not an "at any time" ban. PEDs are distributed into different categories with some only being a violation if your pinged for them while competing but free to go nuts when not in a regulated comp.

I can't be bothered to look for the WADA list to double check with my own eyes, but MJ may just be an in competition ban and not an "at any time" ban. PEDs are distributed into different categories with some only being a violation if your pinged for them while competing but free to go nuts when not in a regulated comp.

It was easier to look up than I thought.

MJ is banned in competition only. Along with a list of narcotics, stimulants and other street drugs.

In Fyfe’s defence he was the only Docker that showed up that day. Pretty sure he spent a considerable amount of time on the bench injured. Umps cheque’s will be cleared by morning 😜
True bt the three votes are for best on the whole ground not best for one particular team.

So Willie Rioli has been allegedly found to have had cannabis in his system in the final against Essendon. Apparently it is a banned in-competition substance.

How on earth is cannabis in any way a performance enhancing substance? Genuinely curious - are there certain components that can aid an athlete?
Numbs pain receptors is one 'performance enhancer' related to Cannabinoids. Not feeling pain makes the mind able to withstand pain for longer and as such determined to be a performance enhancing substance.

For those who've smoked weed, it may not seem that way but for some individuals, the effect is not a slowed down mellow feeling but an ability to concentrate more, train harder etc due to the effects on the mind.

There was a documentary about the use of drugs in long distance cycling races in the 50's or 60's where cyclists smoked weed and took early iterations of acid (much lower concentrations than what were seen in my day) to great benefits. Then people started dying...

Totally ridiculous ... and I saw Bob Marley in 1978 at the Horden Pavilion ... the joints the band members were handing around among themselves during playing was hilarious
Reckon I got high at a Pink Floyd concert and I don't smoke.:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Though it could explain why he was so relaxed and never hurried on the field.
Unless he was playing guitar hero I doubt it would have helped.
But thats not the point..they aren't saying it's performance enhancing just prohibited.

Unless he was playing guitar hero I doubt it would have helped.
But thats not the point..they aren't saying it's performance enhancing just prohibited.
It is definitely performance enhancing in some sports. Archery, pistol etc.

Agree ... not a performance enhancing drug ... I would have thought ... ask Bob Marley!
If it is found during competition it is considered performance enhancing, if it is out of competition it is considered recreational. Go figure. The only logic I can think of is that people are using it medicinally in certain jurisdictions, and ASADA/WADA consider the medical properties in line with other banned substances.

So if he had tested positive outside competition it would only be one strike instead of what he faces today. Listen as the strikes ring out - Bong, Bong, Bong......

Where/when did you see Floyd? On the '88 tour?
Momentary Lapse of Reason tour year? Missed seeing Rodger Waters fronting the band so I only got to see Floyd light but thankful for that.

Did he really think they were going to turn the bells and whistles on for him.

He’s chasing the bucks and good luck to him but please don’t make it something it ain’t Paddy

Did he really think they were going to turn the bells and whistles on for him.

He’s chasing the bucks and good luck to him but please don’t make it something it ain’t Paddy

They did present him with a life membership when he went down there...

Hyped up players will get votes at a higher rate than unhyped players due to the human phenomenon of unconscious bias. Point in case - mid-way through 2015 (or was it 2014) the media started highlighting Jordan Lewis’ stellar season. Early Brownlow counting, little to no action. Post hype, he comes home with a wet sail.

It is the best on ground in the “eyes” of the umpires, including their unconscious bias.

This is the GAblett effect through and through. Gets frees he does not deserve and gets credit for lots of waxing that pads out his disposals, when others have fewer but have far greater impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back