Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We will beat them. They are due for a loss and we won't let them back into it like we did at the GABBA.

I want to punish them, because their fans are getting cocky and they need to be taken down a peg or two
* yes, you got no idea how bad it is living in Brisbane. There is one bloke I know who is normally a great bloke, but has become completely un ******* bearable this year. We must * them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** yes, you got no idea how bad it is living in Brisbane. There is one bloke I know who is normally a great bloke, but has become completely un ******* bearable this year. We must fu** them up.
I have two of these blokes. About round 8, it really ramped up and now they are commenting on all these new Lions FB pages, posting about the corrupt umps etc. I want to batter them senseless

Really struggling to see where we will lose a game for the rest of the regular season.

I think the WCE will think they are favourites against us, but we should probably beat them all.
Losing Impey is a huge loss as he’s most likely leading the B&F.

What a surprise the saints sack their coach and now decide to play good.

People wonder why this keeps happening but the reason is obvious. New coach, no time to devise convoluted game plans so he just sends to players out to play on instinct. The players adopt the "don't think, just do" method, and it works. I really think it's something for existing coaches to think about.

I find it really amusing seeing the Dees under Carlton.
Their supporters were up and about last year......quite lippy after they knocked us out

Quite amazing the lack of heat being put on them, they have been insipid. Three teams above them on the ladder have already sacked their coaches, that’s how bad they are going.

People wonder why this keeps happening but the reason is obvious. New coach, no time to devise convoluted game plans so he just sends to players out to play on instinct. The players adopt the "don't think, just do" method, and it works. I really think it's something for existing coaches to think about.
This is true, the KISS method has much to recommend it. Much like the great cricketing all rounder Keith Miller who would occasionally captain the aussie cricket team when Bradman was too busy reading his fan mail.
Generally hung over after bedding a duchess or two the night before Keith would open the bowling the next morning.
The players would gather around him and ask where to field and he would just say, “scatter”.
They worked it out.

What I would give to see where they are now LOL. Not being cocky but geez their reaction after our loss last year was as if they thought they were on the verge of a dynasty LOL
Has anyone written an article about Lever and May regretting leaving their club? Or is that kind of article reserved for guys like Jaegar?

I'll say this

Recruiting talls to your club is always a gamble. I always thought Port went Backwards when they recruited Ryder/Dixon, While absolutely talented they basically had to let go Trengrove who was a very good clubman, Lycett while a good get unless he's replacing a tall. hurts your run. Port kinda stuffed up their make up 3/4 years ago. However nabbed two very good young players who are producing now. good on them.

Melbourne the same with Lever. Adding Preuss. Not saying dont recruit talented big men, Just you cant just smack a 195cm guy in for a medium sized player and expect the same run

I think Saints are in the right direction finally. Hunter Clark has looked good the last couple of games and had a statement game today. Rowan Marshall looks good

Dogs i reckon also have a very good core and just need to tweek a few things, Aaron Naughton will be a star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back