Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarko must shake his head and laugh at this clown, Geelong outplayed us for 5 mins on Sunday. Scott is either watching a different game or he has his head so far up his own arse and his clubs he lives in a land of denial. The fact that no one ever questions what he says or overrules it is condoning his whining "woe is me" behaviour. We beat you by 4 goals mate and it should have been more not the other way around. Reckon if Clarko was on the other side of the panel he wouldn't have said a word for fear of getting belittled or belted.

I reckon Serena has won a few more than Scott (think McEnroe used to call them a one slam wonder)

And Chris picked up a team that probably had enough juice in them to win the next 3-4 years.

So he's probably underachieved although I will say under him there is no suggestion at all they were continuing the Thompson/Charter/Dank/Robinson journey to Sun Yang 4 time world champion. Once the Chinese juice stopped they came back to the crowd.

Didn’t realise Robinson was cheating at Geelong prior to GC and scum....
44 year Premiership drought then 3 flags in 5 years didn't raise your antennae? Dean Laidley's "like boys against men" comment? Heck it wasn't hard to tell just by looking at the physiques of most Geelong players in the 2008 GF - physically they made their Hawk opponents look like pre-pubescent boys, but lucky for us there isn't a Peptide that produces straight goalkicking. 😄

What did Scott have to say about the free kick Dalhaus got for tunnelling Stratton (or who ever it was)?
Or the free kick that was paid when Poppy jumped across a pack 5 metres in front of the ball (I an unbiased enough to admit that was stupid by Poppy)?
Did Scott touch on the free kick against Siciliy for a perfect tackle?
Did Scott mention the holding the ball decision on the wing when a Hawk (cannot remember who) was gang tackled with zero prior opportunity?

Scott is a whining flog. The culture he has created at Geelong is not to their benefit.
totally agree, unfortunately for the faithful they continually see good win / loss results but no the bigger picture.

Geelong were winning games in the first half of the season due to a very efficient forward line/goal kicking accuracy.

Over the season Geelong are:

12th in the league for inside 50’s
2nd in the league for goals kicked

Over the last 5 weeks Geelong are:

17th in the league for goals kicked

This must be a concern approaching September when you look at the names in their forward line ... two old timers (GAJ and Hawk) two raw kids (Miers and Ratugolea) and two flakey players (Rohan and Dalhous). No one wonder they refuse to give GAJ a rest.

They cannot win the flag if they don’t sort out their forwardline. The only forwardline in the league that is going worse at the moment is Fremantle’s.

Yes... Gold Coast are kicking more goals and are more efficient inside forward 50 than Geelong at the moment. Fact.

Listening to Chris Scott is painful. When we lose Clarko is the first to say that we were “beaten by a better team”. Scott didn’t acknowledge Hawthorn once (and the fact he was out-coached completely), but preferred to intimate that Geelong actually won, except for the pesky scoreboard. Just like 2008 really - Geelong won according to their supporters. CAMPAIGNERS
Geelong and everyone that supports them or has anything to do with them can GAGF. Did you notice that when Impey hurt his knee not one Geelong player came to give a pat on the back. Outside of the scum there the team I despise the most.

44 year Premiership drought then 3 flags in 5 years didn't raise your antennae? Dean Laidley's "like boys against men" comment? Heck it wasn't hard to tell just by looking at the physiques of most Geelong players in the 2008 GF - physically they made their Hawk opponents look like pre-pubescent boys, but lucky for us there isn't a Peptide that produces straight goalkicking. 😄

It’s not a peptide but our secret ingredient in winning the 2008 GF was drink from Port Adelaide called Stewie ‘Mountain’ Dew. Gotta be careful how much you drink cause it puts anlot of weight on but has been known to increase performance on the big stage 😂

Geelong and everyone that supports them or has anything to do with them can GAGF. Did you notice that when Impey hurt his knee not one Geelong player came to give a pat on the back. Outside of the scum there the team I despise the most.

Selwood actually went over to Impey and gave him a pat on the back, which was a class act. Credit where it’s due.

I dare anyone to try and watch this without having a big stupid grin on ya face, getting to see stuff like this is brilliant and just makes me love the club more and more.

I have literally just finished watching it and it made me smile from start to finish. I know all clubs do this sort of stuff but it just makes me so proud that everyone obviously respects him.

I wondered on Sunday who it was

It’s not a peptide but our secret ingredient in winning the 2008 GF was drink from Port Adelaide called Stewie ‘Mountain’ Dew.
Kinda like this?

mountain-dew-citrus-blast-330ml.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong were winning games in the first half of the season due to a very efficient forward line/goal kicking accuracy.

Over the season Geelong are:

2nd in the league for goals kicked

Over the last 5 weeks Geelong are:

17th in the league for goals kicked

This must be a concern approaching September when you look at the names in their forward line ... two old timers (GAJ and Hawk) two raw kids (Miers and Ratugolea) and two flakey players (Rohan and Dalhous). No one wonder they refuse to give GAJ a rest.

They cannot win the flag if they don’t sort out their forwardline. The only forwardline in the league that is going worse at the moment is Fremantle’s.

Yes... Gold Coast are kicking more goals and are more efficient inside forward 50 than Geelong at the moment. Fact.
Good post. There's also some good discussion on this in the Squiggle thread on the main board. Final_Siren included the amount of scoring shots into his algorithm so it can take into account unusually high or low goal kicking accuracy. It's been on to Geelong's unsustainably high accuracy since very early in the season.

I dare anyone to try and watch this without having a big stupid grin on ya face, getting to see stuff like this is brilliant and just makes me love the club more and more.

How ******* awesome is that. Well done to Liam, Andy and the HFC. These are the sorts of stories you lurking media nufties should be putting out there, instead of the tripe we get week on week.

Had a laugh, had a tear too.

Thanks for sharing BJK#5. I never thought I'd bother with twitter, but if I'm missing stuff like this I might just have to sign up!!

When I first started attending training sessions back in 2011, I would see Andy always buzzing around and doing whatever is needed to help out and nothing has changed in that regard. He brings fun and positivity to each session but works hard as well. Didn't know he was Liam's cousin. Great story.

It’s too try and guarantee playing finals
They struggle to win finals as it is on the MCG.

The whinge going forward will be that they don’t get to play enough games on the MCG ala interstate teams

I see Tippa has put contract talks on hold till the end of the season. How funny would it be if he wanted to come to the Hawks and just the thought of Dorito’s face when he found out would be the funniest thing since Eddie Murphy’s Raw or Delirious 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back