Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had 10,000 people show up for yesterday's home game against the Bulldogs, one of the form teams of the competition.

That's on the back of GWS being a regular top 4 finals contender for a number of years and having the most talented team in the league. Everyone is wringing their hands over GC right now but there's an even greater looming disaster in Western Sydney that'll manifest itself the moment they suffer a lean year.
5k in Sydney's west is a good crowd.
They don't turn up for anything

They had 10,000 people show up for yesterday's home game against the Bulldogs, one of the form teams of the competition.

That's on the back of GWS being a regular top 4 finals contender for a number of years and having the most talented team in the league. Everyone is wringing their hands over GC right now but there's an even greater looming disaster in Western Sydney that'll manifest itself the moment they suffer a lean year.
Also what is concerning is that you’ve got star players wanting out.
Why would you want out of a club that is supposed to be playing finals each year.
Something is not quite right there

No way crows are knocking off the Dogs this week , will be a 5+ goal margin . We did our dash early in the season dropping games to the Saints and Dees

We have had a really positive finish to our season , could very easily have gone pear shaped 6-8 weeks ago . Hopefully we can push the Eagles a bit over there and really set ourselves for next season.

No way crows are knocking off the Dogs this week , will be a 5+ goal margin . We did our dash early in the season dropping games to the Saints and Dees

We have had a really positive finish to our season , could very easily have gone pear shaped 6-8 weeks ago . Hopefully we can push the Eagles a bit over there and really set ourselves for next season.
It is interesting though the contrast in how our slim chances (totally reliant on an unlikely outcome in another match) are being talked up whereas, on paper, Adelaide has a more realistic chance as they "only" have to beat the dogs by about 30 pts and have us lose to West Coast. But all the talk is more like how they have squandered their chance. I agree that the Crows are pretty much no chance but you'd think they would at least be talking up their possible lifeline. Edit: even Port, with a (massively better than Adelaide) win could potentially sneak into 8th if dogs and hawks lose.

Agree 100%. Really hope we give Jackson Ross a game. Has deserved one based on BHH form.

2014 Prelim aside (which in reflection looks like an amazing overachievement), what has Ken Hinkley done at Port? How does he still have a job?

Pyke has lost the plot at Adelaide, he can't keep his job much longer

Leon Cameron is a ticking time bomb at GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2014 Prelim aside (which in reflection looks like an amazing overachievement), what has Ken Hinkley done at Port? How does he still have a job?

Pyke has lost the plot at Adelaide, he can't keep his job much longer

Leon Cameron is a ticking time bomb at GWS.

I can’t see either Pyke or Hinkley lastingly till next year. Finals the expectation for both clubs, neither will make it

Also what is concerning is that you’ve got star players wanting out.
Why would you want out of a club that is supposed to be playing finals each year.
Something is not quite right there
Apart from its location, it’s the Club being squeezed by salary cap pressures, which was always going to be inevitable given they sucked out all the young talent in those drafts, and cashed up Victorian clubs offering success and better playing environments

Maybe his value does but 'clowns', really? Ken a previous coach of the year and Don a premiership player that as Wiki has it sacked at the end of the year.
Clarko - never coach of the year so I reckon that shows you the esteem of that award.

With regard to their coaching performance, I reckon clowns is apt.

Lol Carey 'I think Melbourne will play finals next year' idiot

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m 50/50 on them to be honest. They are a lot better than this year suggests, but they’ve been horrid this year
I just reckon that they had too many blokes underdone going in to the year, we’re overconfident and when the wheels fell off imploded. Injuries all year have hurt too.
I’d assume they’ll respond.....but it is Melbourne

I'm oh so hoping the Lions bring their best to the G. Some bloody guns in that team. They've been able to pile on the pressure and goals to break games open at one stage or another every time since the bye. They've handled their travels well since the bye too, and they were able to switch the gamestyle up in the last quarter to beat Geelong. Will be very interesting to see if they can knock the Tiges off.

Which Essendon will the pies be playing? And more importantly, will it be the confident, clean, aggressive Collingwood of last week or will it be the Collingwood we've seen more of in the last month. Collingwood the better team, but to Essendon's credit blokes like Stringer, AMT can turn any game very quickly.

I reckon the Eagles played one of their worse games for the last 3 quarters last week. Extremely sloppy, horrible turnovers, and panic kicks out of defense where there are literally no forwards. They'll lose if they play like that against us. We've been playing some good footy second half of 2019, lets produce another big win.

Bulldogs really should beat the crows, that midfield has been getting on top of most sides, and their playing all round pretty good football. Could Tex, Jenkins, Eddy get a big win for us hawks supporters?

Geelong looked cooked at the end of last week. Completely outworked by a younger brisbane outfit running one man down. Carlton a sneaky chance here I reckon. Or maybe hawkins kicks 7 and geelong smash them. Both equally as likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back