Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another last ditch effort now coming - Carlton to lure Cogs by sacking Teague and hiring Lyon.

Just think of the headlines... SOS gets Ross the Boss and Cogs.

Now say that 5 times real fast.

Saying it once was enough:(

office no GIF

I am probably alone here but would Ross Lyon be so bad? Clarko had Brett Ratten join to provide a different point of view from Clarko and Clarko-trained assistants. Clarko values that.

Everyone in the media says Ross Lyon is a great coach, so I’m sold.
Every AFL stooge can’t be wrong, can they?

And Paul Roos, too.

I am probably alone here but would Ross Lyon be so bad? Clarko had Brett Ratten join to provide a different point of view from Clarko and Clarko-trained assistants. Clarko values that.

I’m hoping it’s a no
Would much prefer Bolts if we have to recycle which I hope we don’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon to the Hawks, no thanks, an Ebola outbreak at the club would be less damaging...!!!

For one thing 'great mates' rarely succeed in any work environment and more importantly I just can't envisage Lyon being your typical subservient assistant.
What I can envisage is Lyon following Clarko around all day with constant 'suggestions' to the point where Clarko would mistake Lyon's head for the wall of a coaches box....

Last edited:
Every coach under pressure just has their dates pucker.

Ross Lyon 0 for 4 is breathing down your neck.
Lyon to the Hawks, no thanks, an Ebola outbreak at the club would be less damaging...!!!

For one thing 'great mates' rarely succeed in any work environment and more importantly I just can't envisage Lyon being your typical subservient assistant.
What I can envisage is Lyon following Clarko around all day with constant 'suggestions' to the point where Clarko would mistake Lyon's head for the wall of a coaches box....

Id hate rossys body language as a colleague

So that’s a no from you regarding Coniglio to join JOM?

Ross can come and be an assistant at Hawthorn under Clarko but only if he bring a Hilly with him. A year under Clarko would be hugely beneficial for him

But also for Clarko for years he had Fagan and Ratten in the box with him. Seasoned gentlemen who had experience and that he could turn to. It's not the stupidest idea going around to have Ross fill that role

Last edited:
So that’s a no from you regarding Coniglio to join JOM?

No, I'm referring the great mates working at Director/Management levels, not/not those at Staff/Player levels.
JOM's relationship with Coniglio will be a bonus as he will have someone to confide in if Coniglio is unsure of the Hawks system, game style and roles...

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Clarko was up in Sydney looking at possible coaching staff. I wonder who is leaving us? Burns/ Newman seem likely candidates for possible departure. If only we could get some compensation for the IP we are constantly losing.

Their is a perception that we cannibalize clubs such as Port and GWS rather than develop our own talent. At least we have always paid fairly for what we have received. Now we are no longer top of the food chain and exist to develop and perfect the staff for Project 17 at the Mighty Blues. Be very afraid. They are coming!

Newman to board the Teague Train? I have no idea but by the way they are poaching, or are trying to, our staff it seems that we are flavour of the month. "Is Hawthorn - Is good".

With Hawthorn's coaching talent continually being poached we get the opportunity to see how they stand up. 5 of the 8 teams in the finals this year will be legacy Hawks. The only legacy Hawks to miss out will be Hale (temp one gamer) and (88.6% chance to miss out according to the Squiggle probabilities) the master himself.

A question: Do you think it more likely so many legacy Hawks lead finals teams because they are better coaches (all teams being equal) or because they get selected at the better clubs? Obviously, it can be a mix of both, but which do you think is dominant? I think it's the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back