Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Izak Rankine just signed a two-year contract extension with the Suns. I know contracts mean jack but does this take him out of the Crows and Powers short team
I didn't think you could be traded the same year as you had a contract extension

Cheating swans. Who’d have thought.

I don't think it was so much cheating as it wasn't against the rules and was quite brilliantly executed by the Swans. You have to wonder if they used Dean Cox and his West Coast links to get that deal done there. Surely the talk would've been lets do something that benefits bot parties. Once again its the bloody AFL's fault for leaving the loophole open to be exploited. Surprise surprise eh.

Now to be fair if that was us that pulled that off then you could only imagine the melts :tearsofjoy:

I didn't think you could be traded the same year as you had a contract extension
You can with AFL and AFLPA approval

Hmmm, so it's a rule that can be broken if the AFL wants it to be?

I'm not sure why I bother feigning surprise any more...
it's in the CBA that there are ways around it such as for compassionate reasons, IE sign a new contact in June, family member gets sick in July ask for a trade home type thing

I don't think it was so much cheating as it wasn't against the rules and was quite brilliantly executed by the Swans. You have to wonder if they used Dean Cox and his West Coast links to get that deal done there. Surely the talk would've been lets do something that benefits bot parties. Once again its the bloody AFL's fault for leaving the loophole open to be exploited. Surprise surprise eh.

Now to be fair if that was us that pulled that off then you could only imagine the melts :tearsofjoy:
Agree and good on them. Anataeur hour at the AFL for not foreseeing that happening.
It clearly goes against the whole intention of the system.
It’s another example of the the Swans exploiting loopholes and concessions.
-Cola
-Kieren Jack “missing” the deadline for nominating
-Buddy’s contract

Not sure if anyone saw this yesterday but if not then its worth a read:

Creating a succession of loopholes the swans exploit then closing the loophole ‘nothing to see here’ do I need a tinfoil hat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Initial reaction to Finlayson dropping is wow, assuming it's not injury related.

But then, I've checked his stats and he may not be hitting the scoreboard enough to warrant another slow-ish, non-pressure type forward alongside cameron.

Hasn't kicked more than 2 goals after round 9.

Rounds 1-9 he had kicked 2 bags of 5 and 3 bags of 3.

He's actually had a pretty decent drop off in form, fair to say this is likely contributing to GWS bad form of late.

The Pies really need to make a stand tonight, have been awful last month, lost to Eagles 4 times straight, top 4 could be on the line soon, they need a response.

No, they don’t!

This is a massive game tonight, especially for collingwood.

A response from the troops is utterly necessary. More about their attack on the contest tonight than the result for mine. An honorable defeat would not be the end of the world. A win would do wonders to the pie's confidence and put them back on track. But a bad loss would be chaos.

Initial reaction to Finlayson dropping is wow, assuming it's not injury related.

But then, I've checked his stats and he may not be hitting the scoreboard enough to warrant another slow-ish, non-pressure type forward alongside cameron.

Hasn't kicked more than 2 goals after round 9.

Rounds 1-9 he had kicked 2 bags of 5 and 3 bags of 3.

He's actually had a pretty decent drop off in form, fair to say this is likely contributing to GWS bad form of late.

I actually think Finlayson’s form has dropped off due to the performance of their mids. Having Lachie out for an extended period and then DeBoer has put extreme pressure on Coniglio/ Kelly and now Kelly is out too but at least they have Lachie back. But yeah their forward entries are not as good with the absence of Lachie who has been playing that high half forward role like an AA.

Lose tonight and they slip to 10-6 which would put them in some danger of missing top 4, lose badly tonight and it would be a huge mental scarring for them yet again against the Eagles.
That is what Davo wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back