Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that’s a combined 313-71

Insert <Dodoro-fist-pump.gif> 😂
Puzzling that his name isn’t questioned at Bomber land. The guy has been in the gig for 21 years and despite riding the coat tails of their 90s list management, and picking up our crumbs in recent years, he’s failed miserably at putting a team on the park that can regularly compete. They’ve been a joke for almost two decades and they still talk of him like the the messiah.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Puzzling that his name isn’t questioned at Bomber land. The guy has been in the gig for 21 years and despite riding the coat tails of their 90s list management, and picking up our crumbs in recent years, he’s failed miserably at putting a team on the park that can regularly compete. They’ve been a joke for almost two decades and they still talk of him like the the messiah.
They love him mate.

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
Guys, I know it's no opposition supporters but you know I only post when it's needed

What a weekend of football

You guys pumped the pea heart plastics and doggies crushed the injectors pride

Thank God you guys didn't get Shiel. Absolute spud

Was at game on Saturday, watching all doggie fans (including myself) clap when they kicked their 2nd goal was glorious

What a game to goto

Footy wins this week

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Guys, I know it's no opposition supporters but you know I only post when it's needed

Was at game on Saturday, watching all doggie fans (including myself) clap when they kicked their 2nd goal was glorious

What a game to goto

Footy wins this week

Thank you sir. You made my weekend btw.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Ben Simmons seems to be a bit of precious flog.

He helped pay for the lastest Goodes bio pic and the release of it was one of the reasons he has been back in town, in his interest to makes some noise pushing that angle. Some astute media are on to this angle.

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
Slobbo’s hatred toward Clarko runs so deep, that the only mention after his coaching masterpiece of the past week was as a “dislike” part of “likes and dislikes”.
Holy s**t. Headfcked much?

What was it that he disliked

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Slobbo’s hatred toward Clarko runs so deep, that the only mention after his coaching masterpiece of the past week was as a “dislike” part of “likes and dislikes”.
Holy s**t. Headfcked much?
Reckon the feelings more then mutual .

Robbo only calls Clarko ‘Clarkson’ like he is making some sort of bizarre point.
Fact is one is irrelevant in AFL the other is the greatest coach of the generation and universal respected .

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some dribble about Clarko not guaranteeing roughy a goodbye game.

I read that and chuckled. He went for the issue likely to cause maximum discord at Hawthorn. So transparent.

If Roughie isn’t picked I look forward to the week of handwringing by Robbo over the game losing all it’s character because of this. And if he is picked I look forward to the handwringing about fan discontent when the best 22 isn’t selected and finals are still on. He’s basically telegraphed his transition issue whenever he wants to move on from Essendon’s performance.

When you have no principles the concern trolling is a breeze.

Has done a fair bit of damage to his ‘brand’ down here I would have thought during this visit .

His brand is worth $35M a year in salary alone. Highly doubt he gives the slightest * what the Australian media or punters think of him. Both groups are the biggest tall poppy slaying, crab in a bucket mentality on the planet - I wouldn’t lose sleep over what either group thought of me if I got paid that much either.

That said - he’s a * fan so almost definitely a flog by default.

What a game to goto

Footy wins this week

Opposition supporters who pour effluent on Sydney, Geelong or * are always welcome.

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His brand is worth $35M a year in salary alone. Highly doubt he gives the slightest fu** what the Australian media or punters think of him. Both groups are the biggest tall poppy slaying, crab in a bucket mentality on the planet - I wouldn’t lose sleep over what either group thought of me if I got paid that much either.

Agree whole heartedly about Australians having a shocking tall poppy attitude. However in this case he played the race card, and I know for a fact crown have video and audio contradicting his claims. Probably why he deleted his rant so quickly.

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
His brand is worth $35M a year in salary alone. Highly doubt he gives the slightest fu** what the Australian media or punters think of him. Both groups are the biggest tall poppy slaying, crab in a bucket mentality on the planet - I wouldn’t lose sleep over what either group thought of me if I got paid that much either.

Totally agree with that , he wouldn’t give a stuff about it and doesn’t need too

I read that and chuckled. He went for the issue likely to cause maximum discord at Hawthorn. So transparent.

If Roughie isn’t picked I look forward to the week of handwringing by Robbo over the game losing all it’s character because of this. And if he is picked I look forward to the handwringing about fan discontent when the best 22 isn’t selected and finals are still on. He’s basically telegraphed his transition issue whenever he wants to move on from Essendon’s performance.

When you have no principles the concern trolling is a breeze.

It has started btw, listening to Nova while driving to the station and I've never felt so angry in the morning like this before. Seriously I hope the boys wins our next two games and somehow we're in the final. Jarryd Roughead is a legend, unselfish player and super awesome human being with or without a dedicated farewell game. As a supporter if we want to watch Roughy let's go to Box Hill games. Jonathan Brown talking about club culture, and how it will ruin our club culture if Roughy didn't get a farewell game. IMHO what will ruin our culture if we start disrespecting the opponent of the day and start throwing the game out.

Ok rant over.

It has started btw, listening to Nova while driving to the station and I've never felt so angry in the morning like this before. Seriously I hope the boys wins our next two games and somehow we're in the final. Jarryd Roughead is a legend, unselfish player and super awesome human being with or without a dedicated farewell game. As a supporter if we want to watch Roughy let's go to Box Hill games. Jonathan Brown talking about club culture, and how it will ruin our club culture if Roughy didn't get a farewell game. IMHO what will ruin our culture if we start disrespecting the opponent of the day and start throwing the game out.

Ok rant over.

Brown was captain at the Lions when that club’s culture cratered to the point where it took a decade to rebuild it. Maybe he shouldn’t get on his high horse?

Brown was captain at the Lions when that club’s culture cratered to the point where it took a decade to rebuild it. Maybe he shouldn’t get on his high horse?

In fairness to him, he might have actually triggered by Max Gawn comment with "No players are bigger than the club". Caught him by surprised.

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hasn’t Rough been offered the game if he wants it ? ( might be wrong but that’s what I heard )
If he wants to play he will and if he doesn’t for whatever reason he won’t

Club can’t really win IMO in this scenerio.
Media will be lining to give us a slap for either not giving him the game or handing him the game not on merit/form .

BTW I hope he plays so I can go this Sunday and farewell the champ

May 28, 2005
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Springfield Isotopes
I really don't understand the derision / vitriol / call it what you will for McGrath.
You don't reckon was worthy of a No. 1 pick? Some lingering jealousy for his win in the Rising Star over a (now former) Hawk? It's not like you're taking (warranted) potshots at an established (and damn good) player like Selwood. McGrath's just a kid. Twenty one, 60 games. Really, you're just punching down. I'm no fan of the lad - tend not to watch the Bombres anyway if I can help it - but I don't get why he is such a target.

I'm purely jealous of the fact that he is not stagnating as player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back