Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think Dale Thomas could get a run on the gold coast as a senior player/mentor. Have been to a few Carlton games in the flesh (thanks to my lovely partner :mad:). And he has actually played pretty well.

Brad Scott must now be feeling like a dickhead in going early - looks like he will be spending some time out of footy

On another note I’m shocked that yet another exhaustive process has been undertaken at Carlton in their search for a new coach. Obviously them and north used the same template

Speaking of looking like a dickhead - hi Chris Judd

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the man is an absolute gentleman.

This will go straight to the keeper because it doesn’t fit the persona the tabloid media have created for the him but if he had abused a junior umpire a special half hour episode of Caro’s arrow would be on air.

Backmen setup for a long kick into the forward line. This often results in an intercept mark as the backmen usually outnumber the forwards.

My idea is to intentionally kick in a top-spinner. No one expects it. Everyone thinks it will go long.
If the forwards know a top spinner is coming, they can rush to the front as the kick is delivered. The ball will drop in short and most times there will be an uncontested mark. If not, it will be a chaos ball with multiple players at the balls drop.

To win one must find something unexpected.

Think the walk over points in the 2008 GF = a rule change.
Think the shepard on the mark = an umpire change
Think the top spinner ball into the forward line = never been done before.
Have the ideal recruit for this tactic

71CEE2C0-095C-4197-BBCF-8B578B8E32EE.jpeg

I planned to go before the Roughy announcement just because it might be my last chance to see Hawthorn play live until next season.
My too , don’t get to games often these days but had this pencilled in a long way out when it was possible for me to go.

Got to take every chance you get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My too , don’t get to games often these days but had this pencilled in a long way out when it was possible for me to go.

Got to take every chance you get
We get a live game about once every six years.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the man is an absolute gentleman.

This will go straight to the keeper because it doesn’t fit the persona the tabloid media have created for the him but if he had abused a junior umpire a special half hour episode of Caro’s arrow would be on air.

Clarko is a man of passion, sometimes that passion comes out in the form of anger, but most of the time it comes out in the form of being a genuine bloke who develops deep and real connections with people.

Saw this today and had a good giggle

Essendons crowd heat map last Saturday

1st qtr:

View attachment 725458

Start of 4th qtr:
View attachment 725459
Ordinarily its super awkward when fans of other teams post on the Hawthorn board, but Goddammit if you aren't the Tom Boyd 2016 GF of opposition posters - totally one out of the box.

giphy.gif

Had to have a laugh this evening, I switched onto Fox and they were reporting on the appointment of David Teague as Carlton coach. I don't know who the dingbat was doing the report but he named Carlton as a super-power of the AFL, and he went on to say Teague beat out potential applicants like Alastair Clarkson (and he named 4 others) for the job. Does he really think if they had a snowball's chance in hell of securing Clarko that they would have made such a hasty decision to appoint Teague? :)

Had to have a laugh this evening, I switched onto Fox and they were reporting on the appointment of David Teague as Carlton coach. I don't know who the dingbat was doing the report but he named Carlton as a super-power of the AFL, and he went on to say Teague beat out potential applicants like Alastair Clarkson (and he named 4 others) for the job. Does he really think if they had a snowball's chance in hell of securing Clarko that they would have made such a hasty decision to appoint Teague? :)

When you see photo's of Clarkson with fans he always seems to have a genuine smile on his face. I have always wondered how he manages it. It's probably things like this that he brings to mind.
*OK they want a photo, have to smile authentically... think of something... Ha! They said Teague beat me out for the Carlton job. Massive grin... Nice!*

(Or he could just genuinely be a really nice guy.)

When you see photo's of Clarkson with fans he always seems to have a genuine smile on his face. I have always wondered how he manages it. It's probably things like this that he brings to mind.
*OK they want a photo, have to smile authentically... think of something... Ha! They said Teague beat me out for the Carlton job. Massive grin... Nice!*

(Or he could just genuinely be a really nice guy.)
I reckon Clarko would be pretty happy with his life, atleast professionally. Not so hard to smile when things are good in life.
Getting you photo taken is not exactly digging a trench in the rain or sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back