Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong have the best record of anyone 2 weeks after a bye

Yeah, but winning the first game of the next year and giving your supporters false hope after you've choked another finals series isn't the best either. (P.S I realise in an open final series this may come back to bite me but they were horrid last week) Twas by far the 3rd worst final given Essendon were non competitive until it was over except for Saad.

How good was it when we gave Shotgun Williams to them for a first round pick and he barely picked up a footy after that. He even got a 3 year pension fund
Not only that, he farken loooooathes Essendon. Calls them the Scum himself....

Cats lost by 10 points. Hardly the end of the world yet the hysteria around it is gaster flabbing.
Eagles should win but Kennedy for example, is running out of gas pretty quickly.
Expect some surprises.
Margin flattered them. They should have lost by 6 goals minimum and were never in it.

That said, Cats have shown the ability to bounce back when their backs against the wall.

Cats lost by 10 points. Hardly the end of the world yet the hysteria around it is gaster flabbing.
Eagles should win but Kennedy for example, is running out of gas pretty quickly.
Expect some surprises.
it was pretty clear who was going to win that game all night, even a heroic effort by danger couldn't close the gap.

Geelong under Chris Scott 2012-2019 finals record is 3-10. This is going to be the Geelong's 5th Top 4 finish in 7 years without a flag or even a Grand final appearance. That's the reason for hysteria I'd say.

5 Top 4 finishes in 7 years, for 0 grand final appearances.

2012- Finish 6th in H/A. Go down 6 goals at quarter time, lose by 16 points against Freo @ MCG in the EF.
2013- Finish 2nd in H/A. QF loss @ Kardinia to Freo by 15 points. SF win against Port @ MCG by 16 points. PF loss to Hawthorn by 5 points, after leading by 21 at 3QT.
2014- Finish 3rd in H/A. QF loss to hawthorn by 36 points. SF loss to North Melbourne by 6 points.
2015- Finish 10th in H/A, miss finals.
2016- Finish 2nd in H/A. QF win by 2 points against the hawks, literally one kick. PF loss @ SCG to swans by 37 points.
2017- Finish 2nd in H/A. QF 51 points loss to the tigers, followed by 59 points win against swans in SF and 61 point loss to Adelaide @ Adel. Oval in PF
2018-Finish 8th in H/A. QF 29 points loss to demons.
2019- Finish 1st in H/A. QF 10 point loss to Collingwood.?????????????

I know this isn't really about other clubs, but I just love Clarko. So many AFL coaches are so poor in the way they sell their vision for their club. For Clarko it's just honest and effortless. I have no doubt that he'll do what it takes to get us back to the top, and if he can't manage it, there will be no questions asked.

I know this isn't really about other clubs, but I just love Clarko. So many AFL coaches are so poor in the way they sell their vision for their club. For Clarko it's just honest and effortless. I have no doubt that he'll do what it takes to get us back to the top, and if he can't manage it, there will be no questions asked.
Watched this today, he is that good. I have nothing but praise for the way he goes about it.

Head and shoulders above the rest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be aiming for top 4 minimum next year. We will have a soft draw and all the other clubs are falling over around us. Great time to have a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back