Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You would have to be mad to hire Pyke based on some of his poor decisions at the Crows

You say that like repeatedly sending guys to a try-hard commando camp run by flogs with business degrees is a bad idea??

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Last year we finished top 8
This year bottom 8

Pretty simple

We didn't finish bottom 8 this year. We finished 9th. Bottom 8 would be 11th or worse. And regardless of where we finish our schedule strength remains the toughest. If we had beaten the Saints, Norf, Melbourne and Doggies (as we likely should have) then we would have finished 4th or 5th position. But it wouldn't have made our schedule any easier.

The fact that we overcame the hardest schedule to finish middle of the table is a tribute to the effort our boys put in. Hand us Geelong's creampuff scheduling and we finish top 4 easily.

I reckon Ross the boss is a monty for the Adelaide job. Fits them to a tee

Think that half the problem the players had with Pyke was that he was too much of a hard-arse. Ross would be far worse!

David Noble could be a good option for them in the Fagan mould.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Pretty sad (and idiotic by Willie) if true - Willie is a fantastic player and this will dent his reputation and heavily impact his career. Depending on the substance he could be facing a two year ban. That being said at least we can role out the old West Coast memes.

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
I dont understand why all the headlines are "Willie Rioli has tested positive for a banned substance" when in fact they should be "Willie Rioli has been accused of substituting a urine sample in a drug test"
I think a few of them jumped the gun with the headlines, some have deleted them now.
IMO swapping urine and testing positive are just as bad as each other.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think a few of them jumped the gun with the headlines, some have deleted them now.
IMO swapping urine and testing positive are just as bad as each other.
yeah, both bad offences/accusations no doubt. Just stupid how they all had the wrong headline with the right information that didn't even support their own headlines. Anyway, bad look regardless.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Steve Hocking made sure the news of Rioli's suspension was released the day before West Coast are due to play his team.

Mickey mouse league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back