Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slobbo. Here we go.

Maclure said the same thing this morning - Sydney would lose face and potential trades would think twice about nominating them.

Del Santos asked him if he was serious.

If it wasn't for the Compensation picks then Daniher would already be traded if Essendon thought they could lose him for nothing in 12 months, compensation picks are a farce, they allow clubs to manage situations poorly and they compromise drafts.

As crazy as the football (soccer) transfer market is walking for free is incredibly effective at forcing everyone's hand.

I actually dislike the draft.
I think clubs should be awarded trade points at the end of each year. Club that finishes 18th gets a whole bag of points, then descending scale.
In terms of the draft, clubs pick in reverse order but another club can offer to trump the pick with more points - min extra bid is say +5%. And clubs have to nominate how many picks they are going to use so they don’t use all of their points for the best player the pick up later picks for free. And you can carry over a small amount of points to the next draft if needed.
Obviously it’s a bit more complicated than this, especially when it comes to future picks.

But in terms of the trade period, instead if swapping this pick with seven other clubs etc, the clubs can just agree on how many points for the trade.
So if a team has2500 points, and trades someone in for 1000 points, then that gives them 3500 points for more trades, or to use in the draft.

Obviously I haven’t mapped out every possibility, So the concept likely has lots of holes, but in terms of trading I think it can simplify things somewhat and enable more deals to get done.

And if the AFL wanted to provide additional assistance to a struggling club, then they just award them additional points to use how they like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HUN has a new article about the Essendon supplements scandal. They had ceased use of Thymosim Beta-4 months before it was officially listed as banned.

Guess Sammy and Cotch will have to hand back their Charlies! And the use of * will be banned when referring to Essendon!

The complete treatment records for the period in question will exonerate them. Oh wait ...

HUN has a new article about the Essendon supplements scandal. They had ceased use of Thymosim Beta-4 months before it was officially listed as banned.

Guess Sammy and Cotch will have to hand back their Charlies! And the use of * will be banned when referring to Essendon!

The complete treatment records for the period in question will exonerate them. Oh wait ...

Hard to believe both the Essendon and Hird lawyers missed this crucial point.

Geelong has an ageing list and they want to bring in more 30+ year olds. 🤣

Future Geelong Team Photo

images

I actually dislike the draft.
I think clubs should be awarded trade points at the end of each year. Club that finishes 18th gets a whole bag of points, then descending scale.
In terms of the draft, clubs pick in reverse order but another club can offer to trump the pick with more points - min extra bid is say +5%. And clubs have to nominate how many picks they are going to use so they don’t use all of their points for the best player the pick up later picks for free. And you can carry over a small amount of points to the next draft if needed.
Obviously it’s a bit more complicated than this, especially when it comes to future picks.

But in terms of the trade period, instead if swapping this pick with seven other clubs etc, the clubs can just agree on how many points for the trade.
So if a team has2500 points, and trades someone in for 1000 points, then that gives them 3500 points for more trades, or to use in the draft.

Obviously I haven’t mapped out every possibility, So the concept likely has lots of holes, but in terms of trading I think it can simplify things somewhat and enable more deals to get done.

And if the AFL wanted to provide additional assistance to a struggling club, then they just award them additional points to use how they like.
Having also not thought about this longer than the time it took to read it (to poke holes in it), on first impression I like the idea. Solves quite a few issues with the current system.

AFL.com saying the bombers have the upper hand “because in 12 months time they can match Sydney’s bid”

so they’resaying that the fact that Joe can go to Sydney as a free agentnext year somehow strengthens Essendons position.
FMD sport journalists in this country are *ed.

Attachments

• 3D563924-3568-4388-8B58-1D5A7B467FB4.png
    3D563924-3568-4388-8B58-1D5A7B467FB4.png
    381.4 KB · Views: 52
AFL.com saying the bombers have the upper hand “because in 12 months time they can match Sydney’s bid”

so they’resaying that the fact that Joe can go to Sydney as a free agentnext year somehow strengthens Essendons position.
FMD sport journalists in this country are ******ed.

Have they seen what Sydney will do to stop any attempt at matching bids? Good luck with that attempt, *.

That’s where Buds 1.3M will be biting hard. Sucked in.
However, if swans are bottom 5 then they can probably get him PSD.
Regardless, the position that Free Agency strengthens Essendons hand is ******ed.

the retirement of McVeigh, Jack and Grundy frees up some space and if Papley goes there’s a bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back