Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or were a lot of clubs more unreasonable this trade period? Geelong, Freo, Essendon and Gold Coast were just ridiculous with their demands. Essendon, in particular, were on another world in Daniher negotiations.

I really can't understand how Sydney is copping s**t for refusing to bend over and paying massive, massive overs for Daniher. I really relate to smeltitdeltit with the crazy pills comment. Unbelievable.

Is it just me or were a lot of clubs more unreasonable this trade period? Geelong, Freo, Essendon and Gold Coast were just ridiculous with their demands. Essendon, in particular, were on another world in Daniher negotiations.

I really can't understand how Sydney is copping s**t for refusing to bend over and paying massive, massive overs for Daniher. I really relate to smeltitdeltit with the crazy pills comment. Unbelievable.
I can understand a club taking a strong stance on a contracted player. Particularly Fremantle with Hill who still had 2 years. But when the player is wanting out and you're getting presented with overs (ie. Daniher) the smart move is to just take it. If Daniher is injured again in 2020 and/or leaves at the end of the year (likely for a lot less) then Essendon are going to look really foolish.

I bet the end of 2020 cant come soon enough for woosha
He has very little incentive to bust a gut next year knowing he's out of the job regardless. We could even see him sabotaging his protege's chances if the relationship turns sour the way Malthouse & Buckley's did. I'm not sold on succession plans, they didn't work out for Hawke/Keating or Howard/Costello either.

Hard to know who to believe in the Swans v Dopers navel gazing.
Dodo suggests pick 5 was never on the table from the Swans, whilst Henry Playfair is saying pick 5 and 9 were dismissed outright by dumdum and co.
Sounds like a bit of Chinese whispers.
9 and a future first rounder was more than enough if you ask me.
Hell, i personally think pick 9 should have been sufficient but that could be my scum hating goggles having an influence.

Hard to know who to believe in the Swans v Dopers navel gazing.
Dodo suggests pick 5 was never on the table from the Swans, whilst Henry Playfair is saying pick 5 and 9 were dismissed outright by dumdum and co.
Sounds like a bit of Chinese whispers.
9 and a future first rounder was more than enough if you ask me.
Hell, i personally think pick 9 should have been sufficient but that could be my scum hating goggles having an influence.
With the name Playfair you just have to believe he was the reasonable, truthful party.

Talk about not having a clue

Maclure: Daniher is worth two first round pick = 5+9

del Santos - picks don’t solve the bombers now when they are playing finals

Maclure: they don’t need Daniher to win a grand final - they’ve gone two years without him

ummmm

Geeze, there's some mental horsepower in that room isn't there.... :grimacing:

Geelong next year are going to be everything that the general football world has been calling Hawthorn for the past couple of years.

Ablett
Taylor
Selwood
Hawkins
Dangerfield
Tuohy

Steven
Jenkins

All going to be playing key roles for the cats, with the bolded being extremely important. Not to mention Blicavs, Rohan and Duncan will all be 29.

That's literally their two best midfielders, with their third best midfielder being 29.

They keep finding good youngsters though. Suggests mid age is an issue for them

Yes, but can you imagine a forward line that includes Hawkins, Ablett, Rohan and Jenkins? Forward pressure would be almost nonexistent. Teams with good rebounding defenders will waltz the ball out.
They will have 4 players free if they get the quick counterattack... but hard to make the turnover first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the fact that they sook constantly about their inability to keep players, leading to more and more concessions. Then they consciously choose to lose someone for nothing in the PSD instead of gaining a 1st round pick.
Constantly shooting themselves in the foot

Blues possibly getting Martin for nix in the PSD, but complaining about GCS being rewarded for incompetence. At least the Dees admit they are shite!

Still they are doing well to get players too nominate them as preferred club and more will want to jump on the Teague Train when they become premiership contenders in 2021

I don't understand why Brad Hill wanted to go to St Kilda. If he wanted to come back to Melbourne why not Hawthorn? Did we not want him? I mean, who wants to go to St Kilda? :eek: Can someone enlighten me.
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back