Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Except Marshall is a bloody good young player !

Don't forget he single-handedly beat Hawthorn this year.
But for that loss, we would have made the 8 (and potentially caused further damage in the finals).

Wel,l that and us being 3 players down for a fair chunk of the game, besides Marshall is 24 isn't he ? Not really young as footy players go.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Seems he still does okay in getting players to the club

Yeah but a little hit and miss on how much he pays and then celebrates !

Shiel for two top ten picks (and getting a pick in the late 30s back) seems very expensive.

Stringer for picks 25 and 30 is still up for debate.

Devon Smith for pick 11 and also swapping second and third rounders looks a very good deal for the Bombers.

Yeah but a little hit and miss on how much he pays and then celebrates !

Shiel for two top ten picks (and getting a pick in the late 30s back) seems very expensive.

Stringer for picks 25 and 30 is still up for debate.

Devon Smith for pick 11 and also swapping second and third rounders looks a very good deal for the Bombers.

I was more referencing that regardless of player managers, players still want to go there so it’s interesting to hear that some just won’t deal with him. Do they tell their players to find new management.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was more referencing that regardless of player managers, players still want to go there so it’s interesting to hear that some just won’t deal with him. Do they tell their players to find new management.
Probably something to do with the additional salary cap space created by all the outside cap settlements for the doping saga. 😉

Interesting team of nineties on hawks website has no option for crawford (nor his brother shane for that matter)
Oh Justin

1572599474267.png

Interestingly, Barrett goes out of his way to mention some clubs actually refuse to deal with Dodoro. He also makes it pretty clear Daniher is without doubt goneskis as a free agent next year, which means The Scum will get compo'd one first rounder after knocking back pick 9 + pick 5. Never change Dodo!
Pick 5 wasn't on the table according to the article. It was pick 9 (whch they'd have got from Carlton for Papley) and their 2020 first rounder.

some of the comments are amusing

“freekickhawthorn”

No matter what people think of Razor Ray - he does have a personality and is prepared to laugh at himself.
Recall when he blew the whistle declaring the qtr was over only to find out that heard wrongly and Rough said to him "you will be in strife over this". Others would fall in a hole - Razor laughed it off.
Think Hawks missed on a chance for a goal and I can tell you I was not happy.
The other one that comes to mind was when the footy came his way and hit him where it hurts and he rolled over. He immediately put his finger up as a Cricket Umpire indicating he was out LBW.

I know I’ve said it before, but I’ve never had an issue with Ray. I don’t think he plays favourites, he just makes decisions made on his interpretation which is how our rules are applied and many times neither sides agree with it. It’s how he goes about giving the outcome and the “all about me” and his need to be heard that drives me nuts.

I have heard though that he is well liked by players so he must be doing something right

No matter what people think of Razor Ray - he does have a personality and is prepared to laugh at himself.
Recall when he blew the whistle declaring the qtr was over only to find out that heard wrongly and Rough said to him "you will be in strife over this". Others would fall in a hole - Razor laughed it off.
Think Hawks missed on a chance for a goal and I can tell you I was not happy.
The other one that comes to mind was when the footy came his way and hit him where it hurts and he rolled over. He immediately put his finger up as a Cricket Umpire indicating he was out LBW.
Wasn't just a missed chance at a goal, it was luke breust's shot at he record number of consecutive goals without a behind.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I know I’ve said it before, but I’ve never had an issue with Ray. I don’t think he plays favourites, he just makes decisions made on his interpretation which is how our rules are applied and many times neither sides agree with it. It’s how he goes about giving the outcome and the “all about me” and his need to be heard that drives me nuts.

I have heard though that he is well liked by players so he must be doing something right

Umpires get off on triggering the crowd. Its something they ‘need to get out of their game’

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

Dal Santo is a flog.
Just can't resist having a passing little shot at Worpel.

We all know he's an absolute moron.

But in particular the bit the got me was his wondering of how GWS's midfield would 'hold up' after losing Shiel. How would a midfield consisting of Coniglio, Kelly, Ward, Taranto, Whitfield and Hopper hold up indeed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back