Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley Bennell to train with Melbourne in bid to sign with third AFL club
Harley Bennell is one step closer to reviving his AFL career after agreeing to train with Melbourne over the pre-season and the Demons are very excited about the potential partnership.

Hearing from local SA footy circles that Andy Otten is the one who’s got the player/coaching role for Box Hill

Jordan Lewis has joined Melbourne’s coaching staff for the 2020 season.

Lewis will take up a part-time role focusing on improving the club’s kicking skills as well as a development position mentoring the youngsters on the Demons’ list.

BARRETT: Can these new leaders stop a shaky North from heading south? - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-09...leaders-stop-a-shaky-north-from-heading-south

Bit of a nothing article, but the concept of 11 Melb games and 8 Tassie games must be tempting for the Roos. You win majority of ur Tassie games each year, plus 6 - 8 of ur melb games and ur playing finals. 2021 will be interesting when these Tassie contracts are up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

North would become a non victorian team meaning the 18 clubs would be split 50 50

This also means five games at least outside victoria and tassie so only 17 games to be split between melbourne and tassie

Probably 8 tassie and 9 melbourne, 4 tassie games against non victorian teams and 2 melbourne games against not tassie. So only 1 true home game in melbourne against a victorian side

Blues will be crowing about getting Jack Martin for nix in the PSD. A nice reward for mediocrity! The $1 million first year contract won't really hurt them as that is only small change from their Cogs/Papley war chest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in 'straya mate. It's autumn, not fall... ya bluddy drongo;).
My GOD! My eyes. MY EYES! I read it as shortfall. It wasn't until you pointed it out that I realised he was referring to the season. Next he will be telling us about his Halloween hall.

Blues will be crowing about getting Jack Martin for nix in the PSD. A nice reward for mediocrity! The $1 million first year contract won't really hurt them as that is only small change from their Cogs/Papley war chest.

Another complete fail from the Suns.... turn down sensible picks for a player and then let walk for nothing...

Another complete fail from the Suns.... turn down sensible picks for a player and then let walk for nothing...
To be fair, we have no idea what was offered. For all we know the Blues could have low balled GC and threatened to take Martin in PSD if they didn't play ball. I can only imagine how Cochead would have reacted.

To be fair, we have no idea what was offered. For all we know the Blues could have low balled GC and threatened to take Martin in PSD if they didn't play ball. I can only imagine how Cochead would have reacted.

They should have shopped him around then, knowing he'd walk into the draft for nothing. Someone would surely have provided a late first round pick.

I thought it was documented that they offered a second round and third round.

More than reasonable. Then that campaigner of a club plays 'hard ball', lose him for absolutely nothing, secure in the knowledge that their sugar daady AFL will just throw priority picks at them anyway to help them despite their utter shitfulness in operating as an AFL club. Welfare mentality, masquerading as culture.

* them, * Cochrane, just * them off the face of the earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back