Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, those who voted No or even Yes, would now be a very small part of the current HFC membership

5241 to 2841. Total which would have been 80% or more of eligible voting members. I think articles now require 75% yes to approve a merger

The thing that continues to annoy me about the anti-merger discussion is that Ian Dicker never gets the kudos he deserves for making it happen. Wouldn't have happened without him.
Sicker came on board late. Our club owes him for what has happened since though.
To keep the league off our backs, he donated large amounts to allow us to post a profit (2006 was the first yr since the merger that we posted a profit without his help)

Ian Dicker was the reason why we had enough money that the merge did not happen.
Don Scott was the reason why the vote did not go against us.

Brian Coleman was the only reason why we existed in the first place, he had no money but when everyone rich F*** (Read Lord and Coote used us as a personal fun bag) he said if no one else will be in charge I will, I don't want it, can't afford it but I won't walk away IO love this club.

All three were great for our club the other two I will personally piss on their grave if they die b4 for me.

He really doesn’t rate us at all.

Justifies this one by saying McEvoy played back late. Just goes to show ridiculously underrated our rucks really are
Gave our forwardline a ranking of 9th, behind Essendon, and that's with 3 all Australians down there. Says we lack depth and yet you look at some of the clubs above us and he has put some seriously mediocre players into their respective forwardlines. The guy is blatently thumbing his nose at us.

Here's my daily Goddard catharsis event.

Somehow McEvoy and Ceglar are worth less than 1 Witts, Lycett and O'Brien.

What a utensil.
Complete brain dead analysis. Mcevoy and Ceglar are the best 2 ruck combo in the league. They may not be up there individually (although BigBoy is at least top 6) but collectively name a better combination going around?, Both can play as the sole Ruckman no problems at all. Says to me he barely watches us play at all. Convinced we should simply ignore what he says, it's utter rubbish and nowhere near it.

Ian Dicker was the reason why we had enough money that the merge did not happen.
Don Scott was the reason why the vote did not go against us.

Brian Coleman was the only reason why we existed in the first place, he had no money but when everyone rich F*** (Read Lord and Coote used us as a personal fun bag) he said if no one else will be in charge I will, I don't want it, can't afford it but I won't walk away IO love this club.

All three were great for our club the other two I will personally piss on their grave if they die b4 for me.

Cant remember the details but Coleman was stitched up somewhat. Remember oakley was a hawks director once.
They co existed with operation payback and didnt get stuck into them like ‘some people’ did. When it was over they arranged a smooth takeover by Dicker. as Don Scott scott was at pains to point out - when we leave this place we are all hawthorn - save the club and we have a responsibility to actually make it work

In the year before, lloyd williams the owner of crown was touted as the major sponsor of the crown melbourne hawks

When it came to 1996, lloyd jumped off, saying it was a PR Disaster. (Another crazy ranting on the fringes eh, Ross?)

Complete brain dead analysis. Mcevoy and Ceglar are the best 2 ruck combo in the league. They may not be up there individually (although BigBoy is at least top 6) but collectively name a better combination going around?, Both can play as the sole Ruckman no problems at all. Says to me he barely watches us play at all. Convinced we should simply ignore what he says, it's utter rubbish and nowhere near it.

Im convinced monkey the ruck coach is a key element too. Can wait to see what he does wit the next reject to come through the doors

Geelong re-sign Rohan until the end of 2021. Excellent
Rohan is not holding Geelong back.
Their forward line seems to function well when they get supply, but their best midfielder is also their best forward, and the other guy is on his last legs.
Duncan is a good player but the rest just aren't up to the elite standard.

Makes our trades for O'Meara and Wingard look pretty good now eh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan is not holding Geelong back.
Their forward line seems to function well when they get supply, but their best midfielder is also their best forward, and the other guy is on his last legs.
Duncan is a good player but the rest just aren't up to the elite standard.

Makes our trades for O'Meara and Wingard look pretty good now eh?

Really? He is taking the spot of a kid as a small to medium forward as a 28 year old and averages 9.7 disposals a game, 2.5 tackles and 1 goal. Poppy averages 14, 4.3 tackles and 1 goal. Rohan is the definition of a player with potential that continually teases, but rarely delivers, so results in being an absolute list clogger.

Rohan may not be holding them back but he sure as hell ain’t driving them forward either. At best a crab.
Delist material if you ask me.
Unless he’s taking a massive haircut it’s a dumb move from sleepy hollow.

Really? He is taking the spot of a kid as a small to medium forward as a 28 year old and averages 9.7 disposals a game, 2.5 tackles and 1 goal. Poppy averages 14, 4.3 tackles and 1 goal. Rohan is the definition of a player with potential that continually teases, but rarely delivers, so results in being an absolute list clogger.
Rohan had a much better 2019 than Poppy, I assume your stats are over their whole career's. Rohan has taken a step forward at geelong and is playing better football, still a bit inconsistent and he has his poor grand finals to make amends for but he is doing enough to be picked for most sides.

Poppy at his peak was the best or 2nd best for his role in the comp (cyril his only challenger). so it's not really a fair comparison.

Rohan had a much better 2019 than Poppy, I assume your stats are over their whole career's. Rohan has taken a step forward at geelong and is playing better football, still a bit inconsistent and he has his poor grand finals to make amends for but he is doing enough to be picked for most sides.

Poppy at his peak was the best or 2nd best for his role in the comp (cyril his only challenger). so it's not really a fair comparison.
Lot easier being Rohan in that 2019 Geelong line-up than it was being Popeye in our 2019 line-up.

Poor finals**

Rohan had one of his better years in 2019 and still only averaged 8.5 touches a game, 1.8 tackles and 1.3 goals. His last 10 games including the finals he averaged 7 touches, 1.9 tackles and 0.5 goals. He definitely had a great patch between rounds 2 and 9 where he kicked 20 goals. The rest, as per his whole career, was pretty putrid.

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan denies draft concessions are Gold Coast’s last chance to improve
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan says it is “nonsense” to suggest the Suns are on their last chance after being gifted the first two picks of this week’s national draft.

Of course it's not their last chance. They will be given many, many more opportunities to * up before they see their last chance. Also, notorious * ups and perennial AFL special consideration addicts justify the Gold Coast * ups.

Asked the extra picks were the club’s “last chance”, he replied forcefully.

“No, that’s nonsense. Clubs who are over 100 years old, over the last 10 or 15 years they have periods where they have struggled,” he said.
“If you look at Melbourne they had 15 years of not getting it right. They played in a Grand Final in 2000 and then until last year when they made a prelim they had a long period of time without making finals.
“This is a very young club who made a couple of poor decisions, got some injuries and got themselves into bad shape and it’s a tough industry at the moment.
“When you get on the downhill side with some kids getting picked off you can get into a bad spot.
“So they are not the only ones who have got themselves into bad shape in the next period of time.”

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan denies draft concessions are Gold Coast’s last chance to improve
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan says it is “nonsense” to suggest the Suns are on their last chance after being gifted the first two picks of this week’s national draft.

Of course it's not their last chance. They will be given many, many more opportunities to fu** up before they see their last chance. Also, notorious fu** ups and perennial AFL special consideration addicts justify the Gold Coast fu** ups.
Seriously, if Dougy and Dew can't fix em nothing will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back