Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fu** me twice on Tuesday. These guys can't help themselves. Recovery in this game is hard enough. Damn dummies.

AFL will consider shortening the length of halftime break
A former AFL player has slammed the league’s proposal to change the length of the halftime break, which will have ramifications for Auskick matches, but it has the support of one club captain.

That one club captain? Selwood.

The first thing I thought of was the fact that they’ve already cut back the games rotations and now they want to cut the halftime and other breaks in half. The players are already being put under a huge duress for a game that is unlike any other in the world. If they end up doing this then fully expect the amount of soft tissues injuries to rise.

The second thing I thought of was what about the AusKick. Gil and all his underlings are fcuking up our great game whether it be changing the rules or handing out ridiculous concessions. I won’t hold my breath but I can’t wait for the day a disgruntled player or player agent ends up revealing all the dodgy crap that Gil has done.

Last edited:
The problem with current set up is that as directors of our game they not answerable to shareholders. The clubs have varying levels of power with most kowtowing as they are financially at the mercy of the AFL. They make Xi JinPing look like a really nice guy.

Be a nice gig. Work for a company that is an absolute cash cow and have no one over seeing what you do or holding you accountable for the decisions you make.

Worst trade in the history of the game.

Not when they were playing with house money it wasn’t. You and I both know that the Suns are like a child with rich parents that will always be there to bail them out (extra picks) if the get themselves into a pickle.

That pick to them would’ve felt like burning a 3rd or 4th rounder that didn’t touch the sides of a Kardashian hallway 😂

Be a nice gig. Work for a company that is an absolute cash cow and have no one over seeing what you do or holding you accountable for the decisions you make.
Especially when 99.9% of old customers (fans) + 2% new customers will be back next year regardless, because we're all emotionally involved 'tragics'...

F****kin over the inept boobs at the AFL house!
Going to vent my spleen to Jeff at the AGM, if l get a chance to talk to him.

If you do speak to him can you please ask him if he has anything to share about Coniglio. There are some around here that think others are paranoid about him staying at GWS so one would assume Jeffery might be able to clear things up... even if it’s an angry look with the words ‘not comment’.

I asked a similar thing of Andrew Newbold a few years back (1st time around). Something about the Franklin compo and GWS Salary Cap concessions IIRC. I can remember his response as being overtly political. Not sure Jeff would be as circumspect.

"There are some things that you just shouldn't shine a lot upon, as it will not reflect favourably on yourself in the future".

Just turned on the Adelaide Test and delighted to see a Hawks jumper in the crowd. Well played young man!

All is good with the world.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just turned on the Adelaide Test and delighted to see a Hawks jumper in the crowd. Well played young man!

All is good with the world.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Was it Will Day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked a similar thing of Andrew Newbold a few years back (1st time around). Something about the Franklin compo and GWS Salary Cap concessions IIRC. I can remember his response as being overtly political. Not sure Jeff would be as circumspect.

"There are some things that you just shouldn't shine a lot upon, as it will not reflect favourably on yourself in the future".
Oh will do my friend.
Was on my cards to discuss that matter - I don't give a f**k what the tin hat foil brigade say on here, so do yourself a favor if you're going to post anything along those lines.
Yes why the AFL stepped in to stop this trade of Cogs, but the year before let GCS lose their 2 capt. - 1 going to the eventual Premiers ( come back to Richmond in a bit.)
Then the next year when it all goes to s**t, they hand them the ability to acquire a another young gun for nicks & more priority picks - 1 which they gave a 1st rounder for a late 2nd rounder. They could of tried??? much harder with assistance to keep Day & Lynch.
Back to Richmond have they been given an armchair ride the last 3 seasons. Favorable fixture, Lynch for FA easily etc.
For a small sporting body the AFL pro rata is up their in corruption along with the IOC & FIFA no doubts.

fu** me twice on Tuesday. These guys can't help themselves. Recovery in this game is hard enough. Damn dummies.

AFL will consider shortening the length of halftime break
A former AFL player has slammed the league’s proposal to change the length of the halftime break, which will have ramifications for Auskick matches, but it has the support of one club captain.

That one club captain? Selwood.

Whilst likely to impact players, it will impact supporters worse, and that’s what pisses me off.
Imagine being at big games like Anzac Day, Easter monday, And just general big games like Carlton Richmond all those sort of games and trying to go to the toilet or get food or just do anything at half time within 10 minutes I mean I know there are smokers you like to go for a smoke these guys are gonna start missing out on parts the game, and it’s just bullshit

Whilst likely to impact players, it will impact supporters worse, and that’s what pisses me off.
Imagine being at big games like Anzac Day, Easter monday, And just general big games like Carlton Richmond all those sort of games and trying to go to the toilet or get food or just do anything at half time within 10 minutes I mean I know there are smokers you like to go for a smoke these guys are gonna start missing out on parts the game, and it’s just bullshit
You don’t put up a very good argument

Smokers ? Who gives a **** if they miss part of the game due to wanting a cancer stick.
Pissing ? Surely you can go 2hrs without needing a toilet

You don’t put up a very good argument

Smokers ? Who gives a **** if they miss part of the game due to wanting a cancer stick.
Pissing ? Surely you can go 2hrs without needing a toilet

You’ve got to consider everyone mate, not just yourself.
And if you’re serving beers/drinks etc, you’ll find people will need to go the toilet over a 2hr period.
As a bloke, it’s not going to effect me as much as women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back