Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And that's great. It's excellent that your children are well drilled & you have them in a routine.

But your callousness to the point is exactly how the AFL are treating this.

The concept of "it's your problem, not ours" irrespective of the lack of "well thought out arguments" is how this change is being pushed.

in a way that is the general view of society. It is the narcissistic view of me first rather than that of those around you. We have become so focused on asking ourselves if we could, that we forget to ask the question of wether or not we should. So could the AFL make the breaks shorter? Yes they could.
Should the AFL make the breaks shorter? this is where the actions and consequences of making that change should be discussed, quite often it isn’t. Just my little rant for the day.

I hate half time. Always have.
I don't drink so no pee needed and I'm not a smoker.
Any food I get earlier so I don't need to move at all during the game.
And the footy broadcasts are filled with ad breaks.
So I would love the break to be shorter.

But it shouldn't be about me or television.
It should be about the players. Nothing else.

The afl is always looking at ways to cash out at every opportunity.
Money hungry, bonus driven mother *ers.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
in a way that is the general view of society. It is the narcissistic view of me first rather than that of those around you. We have become so focused on asking ourselves if we could, that we forget to ask the question of wether or not we should. So could the AFL make the breaks shorter? Yes they could.
Should the AFL make the breaks shorter? this is where the actions and consequences of making that change should be discussed, quite often it isn’t. Just my little rant for the day.
Broadcasters want lower broadcast costs. That is the only reason this is on the table.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Quarters are running well over 30 minutes and that isn't due to the half-time break. When's the last time you can remember a 26 minute quarter. You want to shorten the game? Call holding the ball more. You insist on mechanics to do it? Then don't stop the clock on a stoppage except for in the last two minutes of each half. You still want more? Make the quarter 18 minutes long and cut 10% from your game time.

The half-time break is a harebrained idea.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Quarters are running well over 30 minutes and that isn't due to the half-time break. When's the last time you can remember a 26 minute quarter. You want to shorten the game? Call holding the ball more. You insist on mechanics to do it? Then don't stop the clock on a stoppage except for in the last two minutes of each half. You still want more? Make the quarter 18 minutes long and cut 10% from your game time.

The half-time break is a harebrained idea.
They could get rid of goal reviews. That would shorten quarters 😉

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
You're only joking of course, but not funny.
What would be your reaction if that really occurred?

A bit like the hilarious joke by Alan Jones - "tie Gillard in a chaff bag, take her to sea and dump her".

Alan Jones in there too would be hilarious INB4 "arent the left supposed to be nice?"

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do players really want a shorter break?

Not heard any of them come out and say that.

Expect fans like the break as is as it provides time to get something to eat etc.

Expect coaches like the break as it gives time to make game plan changes and assess injuries.

Expect players like the break as it provides time to reconnect, get re-strapped, refresh, massage, understand game changes, etc.

Expect the AFL wants the game to keep moving so they don't lose TV fans in the breaks, but surely longer breaks means more ads and hence ad revenue for all involved.

.... ???
And surely the most sacred tradition in our game the Auskick kids needs to be preserved. If the AFL denies kids the chance to play on the MCG in front of thousands of people they are truly the most evil people in history.

More money in the coffers for AFL - they won’t care. Grassroots is dead to them.

Play Auskick as the warm up and they can then send them on their way without having to allocate seats. I imagine it would account for quite a few extra seats especially at grounds where seating is at a premium

Coniglio to captain GWS. They dangled more AFL endorsed $$$, a longer contract and the captaincy. Pretty enticing deal.
They may not have dangled the captaincy at all, but it will be forever difficult to make the case against that idea.

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Coniglio to captain GWS. They dangled more AFL endorsed $$$, a longer contract and the captaincy. Pretty enticing deal.
Another big irk of mine is this....
The AFL moved heaven & earth to keep Coniglio at GWS, as sure as night follows day!
Why didn't those incompetent boobs conjure a plan to keep Lynch & May at GC, because as a basket case they needed them a lot more.
Its cause they went to 2 of their bastard love child's in the Victoria sector Richmond & Melbourne.
The corruption just gives me the absolute Shites!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
The AFL moved heaven & earth to keep Coniglio at GWS, as sure as night follows day!
Why didn't those incompetent boobs conjure a plan to keep Lynch & May at GC, because as a basket case they needed them a lot more.
Steve "Denied a 1989 Premiership medal by Hawthorn" Hocking's panicked fear of Coniglio leading us to Premierships at the expense of his precious Cats.

I hate half time. Always have.
I don't drink so no pee needed and I'm not a smoker.
Any food I get earlier so I don't need to move at all during the game.
And the footy broadcasts are filled with ad breaks.
So I would love the break to be shorter.

But it shouldn't be about me or television.
It should be about the players. Nothing else.

The afl is always looking at ways to cash out at every opportunity.
Money hungry, bonus driven mother f***ers.
I would have thought that the longer 1/2 time breaks would be more beneficial to the AFL and the food outlets..,...they would sell more and then more money into the AFL coffers.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its cause he went to 2 of their bastard love child's in the Victoria sector Richmond & Melbourne.

Maybe they did but those two left anyway? Such is the vessel of fertilizer that is Gold Coast.
They were both captains weren't they?

GC are so much further from success than GWS

Its cause he went to 2 of their bastard love child's in the Victoria sector Richmond & Melbourne.
Probably not worth the effort when the Suns were already terrible with them and that they'd likely be too old by the time they could possibly turn good. Best to let them go and then use it as justification for a generous support package in the form of additional picks.

Where as GWS are so close to a flag (by virtue of making the GF rather than their performance in it) that it's likely been deemed worth overstepping to try and give them the best shot of actually seeing it all through to a flag.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
And surely the most sacred tradition in our game the Auskick kids needs to be preserved. If the AFL denies kids the chance to play on the MCG in front of thousands of people they are truly the most evil people in history.

Knowing the AFL they’ll just move the Auskick to before the game and just call it no harm no foul. They are just evil court mother*ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back