Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Dons paying $26 for the spoon get on.

Surely the Suns start off well and slowly grind their kids in to the ground, OP cases everywhere, and soft tissues a plenty as bodies tire and they end up losing the last 12 weeks straight?

Jan 29, 2010
Above the floodline
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You forgot Bruns, the guy who carried on like a pork chop in the Leigh Matthews incident aftermath yet was more than happy to slip quite a few cheapies into Dipper when he was on the ground. The guy is a walking hypocrite. If your a fair player than you are entitled to squeal but he wasn't.

Question -

Has there ever been a more slippery, more pathetic, more whinging, more chicken-hearted, more pusillanimous, more sniping, more hypocritical, more snitching, more self-righteous, more festering so-called footballer than Neville Bruns.

Answer -

Nah.

Yes, Matthews got him and was punished. Matthews moved on from that incident (he got over his own jaw broken in that that game).

But Bruns, who was reported earlier in that game for sniping Tuck from behind, spent the next week squealing like a suckling pig, and the next 30 plus years festering - saying he never got over that incident.
He said he tried to reach out to Matthews on a number of occasions!!
Leigh said he’d never heard from him.

Now who would you believe?

I recall Geelong’s local MP and club member was instrumental in getting the police involved in prosecuting Matthews concerning the Bruns incident.
imagine the uproar if an influential Hawthorn member has agitated to get the police to prosecute Mark Yeates for assaulting Dermott in 1989?

Rushed_Behind

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2009
Buying Giraffes!!!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Aug 11, 2013
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona
Question -

Has there ever been a more slippery, more pathetic, more whinging, more chicken-hearted, more pusillanimous, more sniping, more hypocritical, more snitching, more self-righteous, more festering so-called footballer than Neville Bruns.

Answer -

Nah.

Yes, Matthews got him and was punished. Matthews moved on from that incident (he got over his own jaw broken in that that game).

But Bruns, who was reported earlier in that game for sniping Tuck from behind, spent the next week squealing like a suckling pig, and the next 30 plus years festering - saying he never got over that incident.
He said he tried to reach out to Matthews on a number of occasions!!
Leigh said he’d never heard from him.

Now who would you believe?

I recall Geelong’s local MP and club member was instrumental in getting the police involved in prosecuting Matthews concerning the Bruns incident.
imagine the uproar if an influential Hawthorn member has agitated to get the police to prosecute Mark Yeates for assaulting Dermott in 1989?
Nice. Bloody pussies!😟😟

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surely the Suns start off well and slowly grind their kids in to the ground, OP cases everywhere, and soft tissues a plenty as bodies tire and they end up losing the last 12 weeks straight?
Good thing I am not a huge punter, put $10 on. Hoping the Bombers will shout me and my wife a night out. :D

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

It's started.

LOL he literally did nothing that game but kick that great goal. I hope Mozzie makes it because he seems like a genuinely good kid but if he’s going to receive this much attention just because of his name (and our decision to pass on him) it’s going to put a lot of pressure on his shoulders and I suspect annoy a lot of Hawk fans. But then again the AFL media has always been incompetent.

Jan 29, 2010
Above the floodline
AFL Club
Hawthorn
LOL he literally did nothing that game but kick that great goal. I hope Mozzie makes it because he seems like a genuinely good kid but if he’s going to receive this much attention just because of his name (and our decision to pass on him) it’s going to put a lot of pressure on his shoulders and I suspect annoy a lot of Hawk fans. But then again the AFL media has always been incompetent.

No, he did more than that - with only 30% game time.
Particularly his evasive bouncing run, and his sensational tackle where he stopped a bigger (they're all bigger) opponent trying to run past him.
He looked terrific.

And we've been saying over the last few weeks how we really lack a small quick forward .... ho hum
But we chose to overlook him to take a potentially very good, tall strong full back instead, so no complaints.

Reminds me of the time we overlooked Chris Judd, who had a sensational start to his career, to take a guy who was a bit more of a slow maturer.

And we've been saying over the last few weeks how we really lack a small quick forward .... ho hum
I only saw a little bit of the game but I was surprised at how quick Mozzie was in one of the passages that I saw. I'd only seen highlights of him prior, but didn't know he had that level of burst speed.

Good for him.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Particularly his evasive bouncing run, and his sensational tackle where he stopped a bigger (they're all bigger) opponent trying to run past him.
He looked terrific.

But we chose to overlook him to take a potentially very good, tall strong full back instead, so no complaints.

Reminds me of the time we overlooked Chris Judd, who had a sensational start to his career, to take a guy who was a bit more of a slow maturer.
This. He looked sensational.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Needs more Mas-qot-o
1582847887750.png

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He looked terrific.

Ah fair enough. I only watched the game in parts so if he only played 30% gametime then it would have been easy to miss him. Once again I'm happy for Moz and hope he does well (just not against us).

That being said I do think it's a bit early for Judd/Hodge comparisons :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back