Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
as my old man used to say “he made his bed, now he has to lie in it”

no sympathy for either

C'mon Couchy - he took the big deal that we all would have, it just wasn't on terms that placated or soothed us.

Do you think we would have done the three peat with him there in 14/15?

Maybe we would have, but which ever way you look at it, we'll just have to get by with a couple of flags and the Boudwah a couple of extra millions.

Everyone won out of this situation, and he will always be a Hawthorn great to me - I still remember the rush I'd get at the 'G when he would impose himself on the footy, particularly when he was a bub and we were s**t but surging.

C'mon Couchy - he took the big deal that we all would have, it just wasn't on terms that placated or soothed us.
Don't agree with this. He could have gone to GWS on a similarly massive deal, that netted Hawthorn something in return and not shat on the fans by joining a team that just beat us in a GF.

Ultimately, history says we got by without him (and get by we bloody did!), but he still could have handled it a lot better. I'm with Couchie on this one.

I, too, will still remember him as a Hawthorn great and remember his time in our colours fondly. While he's wearing Sydney colours though, * him.

As for ever coming back to Hawthorn, I don't see any point. Cooked as a player and not smart enough to be coach. What role would he have?

Don't agree with this. He could have gone to GWS on a similarly massive deal, that netted Hawthorn something in return and not shat on the fans by joining a team that just beat us in a GF.

Ultimately, history says we got by without him (and get by we bloody did!), but he still could have handled it a lot better. I'm with Couchie on this one.

I, too, will still remember him as a Hawthorn great and remember his time in our colours fondly. While he's wearing Sydney colours though, fu** him.

As for ever coming back to Hawthorn, I don't see any point. Cooked as a player and not smart enough to be coach. What role would he have?
He won't coach.

I, too, will still remember him as a Hawthorn great and remember his time in our colours fondly. While he's wearing Sydney colours though, fu** him.

GWS were offering less money that us per year. They offered 6 years, we weren't keen to push beyond 5

I think the "rivalry" was all down to K. Sheedy initially.

Thanks to his little "stunt", Yabby (who was still in the police force at the time) quite rightly wouldn't have a bar of him thereafter.

Dermie stoked the flame again 20 years later (after we'd suffered through nearly a decade of being pushed around by them), and we got the LITS game. We've mostly had the better of the H2H battles since.

It was somehow fitting that the Scum* should be busted for doping 30-odd years after Sheedy's "stunt".

Yet somehow we're the bad guys. :rolleyes:

I think the "rivalry" was all down to K. Sheedy initially.

Thanks to his little "stunt", Yabby (who was still in the police force at the time) quite rightly wouldn't have a bar of him thereafter.

Dermie stoked the flame again 20 years later (after we'd suffered through nearly a decade of being pushed around by them), and we got the LITS game. We've mostly had the better of the H2H battles since.

It was somehow fitting that the Scum* should be busted for doping 30-odd years after Sheedy's "stunt".

Yet somehow we're the bad guys. :rolleyes:
Someone needs to do a meme of Yabby with a grin on his face and the caption below saying karma

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think we would have done the three peat with him there in 14/15?

Maybe we would have, but which ever way you look at it, we'll just have to get by with a couple of flags and the Boudwah a couple of extra millions.

Everyone won out of this situation, and he will always be a Hawthorn great to me - I still remember the rush I'd get at the 'G when he would impose himself on the footy, particularly when he was a bub and we were s**t but surging.

i have no problem whatsoever with him taking the deal - lot of money and his future wife all played into the decision - good on him, but for me it’s how it all went down.

They made a deal that ensured that the club even if they wanted to couldn’t possibly compete with - They took a gamble and it appears they may lose and it’s now time to pay the piper.

on a side note I imagine it could end up quite the battle if they expect him to not receive the full amount he is owed this year with the “Covid pay cuts”

There's no way that happens quietly. Kennett will be shouting from the rooftops if at minimum the Swans don't have the money counted against their cap.
Shouting to whom?

And if anyone was listening, what would they then do?

AFL owns the League & the media. They’ll do what they want.

Is the argument that their success was sustained for longer because of their prelim defeat in 2010 and gf defeat in 2008? Well guess how the Hawks went in '11 and '12??? :drunk:
They aren't really comparable though as two of those losses were fought out to the death, and two of those losses had a team roll over

Anyone got any idea what Flogs McGee is rambling about Clarko in his Friday if/then article?

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
Hawthorn

IF ...
the Hawks were prepared this week to break an embargo that they had requested on a properly sourced story by a media outlet ...

THEN ...
the tip-toeing within that club around the control freak Clarko seems to have no bounds.

Can only think the story the club broke was JOM's injury......but surely he can't be referring to that. Must be something else I've missed

Bud will join Jessinta in the 'good morning australia' crowd

Hawthorn

IF ...
the Hawks were prepared this week to break an embargo that they had requested on a properly sourced story by a media outlet ...

THEN ...
the tip-toeing within that club around the control freak Clarko seems to have no bounds.

Can only think the story the club broke was JOM's injury......but surely he can't be referring to that. Must be something else I've missed

Bitches gotta Bitch

Hawthorn

IF ...

THEN ...

Maybe the coaching staff changes? Both seem petty excuses for his If/then. Probably knows it is petty which is why he doesn't actually go into specifics. This makes it a s**t inclusion, as only him and the club seem to know what he is on about, reducing it to having zero relevance to the general reader.

A truly shitful journo even at the best of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back