No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, the MCG grass relocation is nonsense/a waste of money, but in relation to the GF entertainment - pick the better 'headline':

'AFL entertainment contractor provides dance students the opportunity to perform at Grand Final'
OR
'Outrage as AFL seeks slave labour, expects dancers to perform for free at Grand Final!'

They asked for elite level dancers

The pact...

Can’t help but wonder how the whole thing is now sitting with Cognilio - looking dumber by the minute. This spin from him when he re-signed last year seems to have fallen on deaf ears

Coniglio has sent every player at the club a clear message.

"If they have as strong a belief as me, then they should stick around," he said

Giants problem is they have no history, no culture etc. All they had was talent and the promise of success. They failed for 3-4 years and now the players don’t believe that promise. Place is now a shambles. The era that Richmond have had is the era the Giants should have had.

Giants problem has always been that they are a group of individuals rather than a team. When you watch them you see no connection, no game plan - it’s just every man for himself. Giants and Cameron deserve one another

Paul was a favorite of mine. He just always looked like he was having fun playing footy.

I hope he gets through it all, as he’s a ripper bloke.

There’s a great podcast on the 91 GF and how Waverley came about.

completely cocked up the whole thing.

imagine what the likes of Ward and Davis who were real strong backbone of the club type players building a culture and Cogs essentially holds out until the very last minute for a massive pay day and then is handed the captaincy at the same time.
Yikes.. What a way to destroy the fabric.
This. Cogs handed the captaincy because he threatened to leave was a killer blow for their culture.

My friend is dancing. She isn’t elite 😉

Both statements are true.

Anyway it was Cochranes wifes company which is doing the entertainment, which will be the 'best ever' according to cochrane himslf.

Thats as maybe but times are tough lets hope he/they aren't charging a premium

Zac M staying at * according to fox footy

and this is what crouch says about the shady poop between crows and saints. Had to laugh since “best deal” involves a big bag if stinky lucre for him!!!

“I still love the footy club, I want them to get the best compensation for me as well. I think everyone seems to be working together at the moment to get the best deal for everyone involved.”

and this is what crouch says about the shady poop between crows and saints. Had to laugh since “best deal” involves a big bag if stinky lucre for him!!!

“I still love the footy club, I want them to get the best compensation for me as well. I think everyone seems to be working together at the moment to get the best deal for everyone involved.”

That's fine, dealing with Dodoro would have just been a couple of weeks of pain anyways.

“If young gun Jordan Clark heads home to Western Australia, Geelong could ask for Pick 10 to be involved in the deal from Fremantle.”

Geez you wouldn't want to rob a bank with Crouch now would you. He'd be blabbing out all the intricate details of how it went it all down in the seediest bar in town at 5am in the morning surrounded by coke a hookers 😂

“If young gun Jordan Clark heads home to Western Australia, Geelong could ask for Pick 10 to be involved in the deal from Fremantle.”

“Young gun” can’t get a game....but is worth Pick 10.

footy media is shite.

completely cocked up the whole thing.

imagine what the likes of Ward and Davis who were real strong backbone of the club type players building a culture and Cogs essentially holds out until the very last minute for a massive pay day and then is handed the captaincy at the same time.
Yikes.. What a way to destroy the fabric.
And a burden (blaming himself?) Cogs now has to carry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to google who this “young gun” was

this game is as corrupt as all *
Equalisation my arse

They asked for elite level dancers

The irony with this comment is the so-called story derived from the fact that Cochrane Entertainment (CE) DID NOT seek to engage any 'professional dancers'.

If you read beyond the headlines you'll discover that the Media Entertainment and Art Alliance (MEAA) union sought clarification from CE after a few of their members (who are professional dancers) allegedly received an invitation to volunteer.
Given the COVID related lockdowns the MEAA are understandably desperately seeking employment for their members, but as you will discover tomorrow night the majority of the dancers will be older kids/students - my mates daughter (year 11 student) is one of them.

Thanks to the medias spin/fake news headline (from the MEAA enquiry) with their exploitation/victimhood narrative the AFL/CE were thereafter compelled to publicly respond, here is part of their statement - note the last line:

COCHRANE ENTERTAINMENT ON THE GRAND FINAL MASS PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY
As producers of the AFL Grand Final Entertainment, Queensland-based Cochrane Entertainment has today clarified its move to provide an opportunity for amateur dancers and community dance groups to be part of the AFL grand final entertainment.
Cochrane Entertainment said the performance was designed as an opportunity for members of Queensland community and amateur dance clubs and physie movement groups to take part in the Grand Final day entertainment in front of a crowd of 30,000 people.
The section of the entertainment was not designed for professional dancers and no professional or paid dancers were approached to be involved.

Look, I'm always happy to call out/stick the boot into the AFL when warranted, however on this occasion it's not...

The irony with this comment is the so-called story derived from the fact that Cochrane Entertainment (CE) DID NOT seek to engage any 'professional dancers'.

If you read beyond the headlines you'll discover that the Media Entertainment and Art Alliance (MEAA) union sought clarification from CE after a few of their members (who are professional dancers) allegedly received an invitation to volunteer.
Given the COVID related lockdowns the MEAA are understandably desperately seeking employment for their members, but as you will discover tomorrow night the majority of the dancers will be older kids/students - my mates daughter (year 11 student) is one of them.

Thanks to the medias spin/fake news headline (from the MEAA enquiry) with their exploitation/victimhood narrative the AFL/CE were thereafter compelled to publicly respond, here is part of their statement - note the last line:

As producers of the AFL Grand Final Entertainment, Queensland-based Cochrane Entertainment has today clarified its move to provide an opportunity for amateur dancers and community dance groups to be part of the AFL grand final entertainment.
Cochrane Entertainment said the performance was designed as an opportunity for members of Queensland community and amateur dance clubs and physie movement groups to take part in the Grand Final day entertainment in front of a crowd of 30,000 people.
The section of the entertainment was not designed for professional dancers and no professional or paid dancers were approached to be involved.

Look, I'm always happy to call out/stick the boot into the AFL when warranted, however on this occasion it's not...
So there's a whole industry of performers out of work and Cochrane and the AFL thought nah let's not help out and give them work let's offer amateurs the opportunity to do it for free instead.

TC no surprise has always come across as a loud mouth to me , but he was on SEN a while back and it was one of the better interviews Ive heard in a while.
No grandstanding , no posturing no crapping on about vic bias.

He was asked his thoughts on the future of the GF and basically said it has , should and always be at the MCG , no question or debate.
Said they would do the best show/game possible and hopefully and gladly hand it back.

Was the opposite of what I expected, in fact the whole interview was .

So there's a whole industry of performers out of work and Cochrane and the AFL thought nah let's not help out and give them work let's offer amateurs the opportunity to do it for free instead.

At the risk of protracting a debate, if you're determined to support a victimhood narrative in this non-story that is your prerogative - but the media claiming that the AFL/CE sought 'professional dancers' to perform at the Grand Final 'for free' is complete fabrication...!!!!

Last edited:

Perform for expenses probably. You’d probably know young dancers usually pay to perform for an audience, or their parents do. So I guess everyone’s happy

Not much different from the various governments if truth be told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back